Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, tell me thats the old sculpt.
Looks like most initial opinions were on the money, and it wasnt the photography or lighting, the sculpt is awful.
I never thought I would write the following but:
The Sideshow version is superior to the HotToy version. (with a little futzing)
This must be a sign of the Apocalypse.
:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

Hell, this smiley looks closer to Ford :gun
(Hyperbole for illustrative purposes only, but not by much)

Well it sounds like Arnie's working on the sculpt right now according to Snake, so the photos would have to be of the original sculpt in order to be published. It's no surprise that Tommy Richardson hasn't posted them to his blog though :lol

Good! Arnie please save this figure. It deserves better.

And HT: you want Star Wars? Do good on this one. Lucas is watching.

I just wrote that to scare them. Shhhhhh... say nothing.

I know it is too much to ask for.. but I wish they had a new muscle body for this... the tree trunk neck just doesn't fit... for some reason it looks more pronounced on this figure.. yet the HT muscle body with the Sideshow head I used for my TOD doesnt look so thick.. (guess because of the larger SS head)

Probably bad news for Indy fans, but I have a feeling that using the Wolverine body probably means it could be unlikely they'll do too many other Indy figures, I would think if they had some certain recyclability for the body like 2nd or 3rd Indy figures, they might have gone with something less buff, but to use the ripped Wolverine body probably means it's not worth it to them to come up with a more average build body, or maybe they feel like Indy should look all buff, even if Ford doesn't.

Perhaps the photographer just didn't push the hat down far enough onto the head??

In that line-up pic though, honestly. . . all of them look like butt.

The hat is just wrong in 1000 different ways. It looks more like the Last Crusade hat. The Raiders hat has a tight pinch down the front.

The sculpt looks slightly better in these pics ... But why not just hire Trevor? He is the best of the best, especially at Harrison Ford.

I think the sculpt looks very good, but yeah, that hat is too small and doesn't fit correctly. Needs to be sculpted onto the head, and shouldn't be sculpted like that IMO.

Does seem like this might be Arnie's old head just with texture and PERS added, even has the little strand of hair on his left temple.

6a853733jw6ddi8lj87r2j.jpg

sal5.jpg

That meaty neck is a bit distracting, but I find these pictures much better than those taken during the show. I personally like the hat, and does it look like the grosgrain band is separate from the rest of the hat? Cool. I normally jump on Indy figures - bought all the sideshow ones immediately. If this figure was released as-is for the DX prices I would have to really considering buying it - I like the sideshow Indy on a truetype with a head repaint (and Mike's additions) just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back