Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after getting some free time tonight I sat down and watched ESB again, and spent some more time messing around with these figures. I'm finding that I like them a whole lot more that I gave them credit for when posting earlier today.

As I compared these to the movie I definitely see more Hamill in the sculpts than yesterday. It's weird how your mind perceives things from time to time.

Also the quality on these is outstanding. Compared to the SS body the HT is more sturdy and has very tight joints. Feels more worth the $$$.

And last but not least I actually put the weather vane together and wow it's fantastic!!!

As far as the scale with SS Boba, after combing thru the threads, I get what you guys are saying. That SS does tend to be on the bulky side. For now I have them on separate ends of the shelf and all is good.

So I'll eat my crow now and hush. :eek:

I can't wait to get a second detolf so I can hang the weathervane from the top of it. My ceilings are all that crumbly crap and I don't feel comfortable hanging them in it. But having this dangle halfway down a detolf will be epic... Although it will kill a lot of the space that I need for my overflowing first detolf!

You can always do a body swap on Fett to a Hot Toys Slim TTM22 - it was recently being discussed, and pictured, in the SS Fett thread. Of course that's at least another $50-70 on top of what the figure already cost you. There may be quality slim knock-offs, but I haven't looked for those yet.

You can always do a body swap on Fett to a Hot Toys Slim TTM22 - it was recently being discussed, and pictured, in the SS Fett thread. Of course that's at least another $50-70 on top of what the figure already cost you. There may be quality slim knock-offs, but I haven't looked for those yet.

Thanks, I actually did think about that after digging thru that thread. Idk, before I spend those monies on another body I would really like to get that Snowtrooper.

Man the absolute coolness of these things is so addictive, much more so now than when I got into these back in 2006.

Btw after searching thru this thread I couldn't find if anyone ever answered, was that bag and asian exclusive for this HT Luke?

Sorry, I don't know about the bag, but it could very well have been a HK exclusive or maybe an early/VIP exclusive - maybe someone will chime in here, I'm sure there must be someone who has it.

I'm just finishing up the repair work on my Lukes now - I actually accidentally dropped that tiny stud on the floor again last night, but thankfully fond it again this morning. The metal plates have been re-glued in the hear pieces, the magnets on the heads and I had to also re-glue a flap on one of the belt pouches. The strap at the back of the same pouch broke where the bottom stitch is, but it will still stay on the belt so I'm not going to try and fix that.

For my poses I'll be swapping the hair pieces around for better screen accuracy. Luke has the wet sticky hair before going out the window in the hallway portion of the duel, and when hanging on the antenna the wind is blowing his hair dry. So glad the hair is removable, it makes for excellent versatility. But I'm disappointed at the selection of hands - they really should have had additional right AND left grip hands so that you could pose him with two hands on the lightsaber. The set only comes with one of each gripping, and if you want to pose him on the antenna you'll need to use the left one there.

Last edited:
Really quick, first shot, using on-camera flash unfortunately. Will have nicer shots with off-camera flash soon I hope.

d186c5e8126b11e3a311123139274779_7.jpg

great job on that setup, sky looks awesome!

And that's from a bad print job - if you look at the backgrounds in the thread linked in my signature you'll see that it should look a lot better. I'll be replacing it soon with a calibrated print from Costco - just need to do a final test small-size test print of my re-calibrated files before I do the large print.

I'm actually doing a bunch of different prints at once at $16 per 3'x2' sheet, so I want to make sure everything's going to turn out as expected.

Just received this bad boy. The figures are amazing. One question, can I remove the blue sword bit from the lit lightsaber? As it shows in the instruction booklet.

Yes. Twist it a bit and it should pull out with a bit a pressure after the seal has been breached.

Back