Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5B5ED5734BB24DBD9B44.jpeg

This is a great figure. Even though I personally prefer the face sculpt of the MMS297, over the DX07 though. Im hoping that Hot Toys release a Bespin clean uniformed Luke without PERS. Maybe a Dagobah themed two pack with Yoda (ie Tarkin and Vader), under their Empire line.

This is a great figure. Even though I personally prefer the face sculpt of the MMS297, over the DX07 though. Im hoping that Hot Toys release a Bespin clean uniformed Luke without PERS. Maybe a Dagobah themed two pack with Yoda (ie Tarkin and Vader), under their Empire line.

Wow. You may be the first person in the history of Earth to prefer THIS:

283CEC27-528C-440F-BA90-00B80895A3AC.jpeg

Over THIS:

D09457B7-5C1F-4294-B066-B11CEB931339.jpeg
...and, yes, the above is the prototype Bespin Luke, so my hypocrisy knows no bounds, lol.

If you don’t have the figures in hand, be very careful that you are comparing actual PRODUCTION head sculpts to each other and NOT PROTOTYPES. The MMS297 Luke as advertised using the prototype in promotional shots was one of the best likenesses I think we had seen in the HT Star Wars line. What we actually took home was......different.

Last edited:
Bespin Luke needs to be redone, the likeness just isn't there for me. The 2.0 will be the only Luke I'll buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I have this regular luke, hands and all three bases, is it still worth selling or should I try and complete it with the BD version and sell complete?

Hey guys, I have this regular luke, hands and all three bases, is it still worth selling or should I try and complete it with the BD version and sell complete?

It depends on the price you would sell it for to be worth it. Most would want it to be complete.

If you don’t have the figures in hand, be very careful that you are comparing actual PRODUCTION head sculpts to each other and NOT PROTOTYPES. The MMS297 Luke as advertised using the prototype in promotional shots was one of the best likenesses I think we had seen in the HT Star Wars line. What we actually took home was......different.

Same with Hoth Leia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. You may be the first person in the history of Earth to prefer THIS:

View attachment 408253

Over THIS:

View attachment 408254

Haha just image Guinness or Ripley's made a category just for that, "User Superboy is the only person in the history of the world that prefers the MMS297 head over the DX07 version-- Believe it or not" .

Thanks for the info, yea I know the prototypes look differently to the final figure. Ive seen both, and both look great. But the DX07 face only looks like Hamill to me, from certain angles (and if the eyes are moved certain ways). The MMS297 looks like Hamill before the surgery, and the paint application makes his face look more real in my opinion. I also prefer figures without the PERS.

In my short time here Ive read through some threads, and many people seem to really dislike the MMS297 head in favor of the DX07 head. In my opinion I think its the hairpiece that messes with the 297. I like the hair on the DX07 a lot better, but prefer the face of the 297. Theres no way that the dx07 hair fit on the 297 head right?

Bespin Luke needs to be redone, the likeness just isn't there for me. The 2.0 will be the only Luke I'll buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you. I cant picture Hot Toys releasing many versions of Vader (one being a 2.0 version), and many versions of the Ledger Joker-- but not revisit Luke in the Rebel Commander/Bespin uniform especially after Hot Toys has the Star Wars license.

Haha just image Guinness or Ripley's made a category just for that, "User Superboy is the only person in the history of the world that prefers the MMS297 head over the DX07 version-- Believe it or not" .

Thanks for the info, yea I know the prototypes look differently to the final figure. Ive seen both, and both look great. But the DX07 face only looks like Hamill to me, from certain angles (and if the eyes are moved certain ways). The MMS297 looks like Hamill before the surgery, and the paint application makes his face look more real in my opinion. I also prefer figures without the PERS.

In my short time here Ive read through some threads, and many people seem to really dislike the MMS297 head in favor of the DX07 head. In my opinion I think its the hairpiece that messes with the 297. I like the hair on the DX07 a lot better, but prefer the face of the 297. Theres no way that the dx07 hair fit on the 297 head right?

LOL! Well, I don’t disagree that DX07 is not perfect, but IMHO it beats the pants off of Farmboy Luke hands down. But likeness recognition is SO subjective that I’m never really surprised when people disagree.

If only we had gotten this:

0153D979-E1D3-423F-A0DB-6A88E8354C83.jpeg
(Maybe with a better hair piece...

LOL! Well, I don’t disagree that DX07 is not perfect, but IMHO it beats the pants off of Farmboy Luke hands down. But likeness recognition is SO subjective that I’m never really surprised when people disagree.

If only we had gotten this:

View attachment 408275
(Maybe with a better hair piece...

That does look better than what was released (I wonder why they could never release it, like they advertise it). Do you know if the DX07 hairpieces fit on the 297 head?

By the way Ive seen some of your older posts, and you take great pictures.

That does look better than what was released (I wonder why they could never release it, like they advertise it). Do you know if the DX07 hairpieces fit on the 297 head?

By the way Ive seen some of your older posts, and you take great pictures.

I like this new guy. He’s got good taste.

I have this so I'm bias but I really like it and would Rather HT make a pilot Luke or a dagobah Luke. 2 pack with Yoda?

Has anyone seen a DX Luke head on a Sideshow Luke Pilot? Just wondering how that’d look.

Even if ppl want a 2.0, two DX figures in foam packaging with antenna for $300, that’s never going to happen again. I’m very happy with my DX Luke and don’t think I would Double Dip. Hell I haven’t even thought about Double Dipping with the new Jack Sparrow.

Back