Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought new and I have the same problems. All the magnets are not only coming unglued, but disintegrating. One of the pouches has a broken strap, leg strap needed to be glued and a couple of the nailheads needed to be re-glued. Both heads and hair pieces also needed their magnets and plate respectively re-glued.

I'm bloody starting to really hate autocorrect.

Last edited:
This release is awesome in a sum of its parts sort of way. I wouldn't expect Hot Toys to make a better head sculpt. Most of their sculpts are off to some degree, may more so than Luke. Han is a great example of a totally sub-par sculpt. I'm not sure what their mentality was with it - maybe they thought they'd make it a touch better than their Indy sculpt and call it a day. WOuld have been great if they provided he artist some photos of Harrison Ford as Solo to base the sculpt on.

The new video makes the sculpt look better - the high-contrast lighting maybe hides a few things but overall, it was the first time I thought the sculpt really looked like Han (though ESB.)

I know it's still looking iffy, but the video has stopped me from cancelling my BBTS order. I hope in-hand pics will show up in time for me to bail or not.

On this set, I thought the BD sculpt looked excellent (the reason I got it,) the non-BD looks stylized and not as good, but still very nice overall. It's really a terrific set, even for $300.

Interestingly, the non-BD seems to go for more because it's the more neutral - less scene specific - head for display. Plus so many people are doing those Luke Jedi customs using it (to me, the face doesn't look ROTJ Luke at all even with new wigs, but people in the customs section love it.)

I bought new and I have the same problems. All the magnets are not only coming unglued, but disintegrating. One of the pouches has a broken strap, leg strap needed to be glued and a couple of the railheads needed to be regaled. Both heads and hair pieces also needed their magnets and plate respectively re-glued.
The pouch issue isn't so bad as I can get it to stay on the belt pretty easily still. Still sort of annoying though. The magnets were just a pain to glue back on because they're so tiny. They don't look too terrible I guess but again its something that annoys me. Overall though a solid set and I'm happy to own it.

Interestingly, the non-BD seems to go for more because it's the more neutral - less scene specific - head for display. Plus so many people are doing those Luke Jedi customs using it (to me, the face doesn't look ROTJ Luke at all even with new wigs, but people in the customs section love it.)

Yep, I love mine (even though it's not accurate).

egesevy5.jpg
hudy4atu.jpg

I nabbed this set in a trade awhile back. Traded my Lt. Gordon for this. I had to order new magnets to glue on the holster and also had to reglue the lightsaber hook and one pouch. Other than that, i really love the set. When all the HT SW figures start rolling out, I may put one of the Luke's back in the box to add some room. Just don't know what I want on the shelf, a clean or BD version.

But who knows, for the right price, I could be swayed to sell. :lol

Kinda can't believe I actually sold this set off. I will rebuy it one day, but I needed the money at the time. Now Vader is super lonely and has taken flight to ebay as well.

That Vader is so nice. Almost tempted to grab him until we get a Hot Toys version.
I've been eyeing the Sideshow Vader for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. The announcement of Han and Chewie sparked my interest back up in collecting some of the core characters from the franchise though and I need a Vader to go with my Luke anyways. I may put one on order soon. I sort of wish I wouldn't have missed the exclusive with the battle damaged hand but I guess I wouldn't really use it unless I had a Jedi Luke to square off with him.

The pouch issue isn't so bad as I can get it to stay on the belt pretty easily still. Still sort of annoying though. The magnets were just a pain to glue back on because they're so tiny. They don't look too terrible I guess but again its something that annoys me. Overall though a solid set and I'm happy to own it.

Yeah, I just went to re-glue mine, when the magnet inside the holster fell off as well. . . which is going to be a huge PITA to glue back inside. On top of that the backing has split away from the leather. To make matters worse, I bought an extra set when Hastings was blowing them out, but I sold off all the parts except the slim bodies and heads.. Kicking myself for selling those belts.
:slap

What bothers me the most is that Hot Toys have stepped up their prices at a much faster rate than they have their quality. Sideshow has also definitely also increased their prices, but so far their quality is also bumped up quite a few notches - we'll get to further evaluate that on a new round of releases over the next three months.

I've been eyeing the Sideshow Vader for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. The announcement of Han and Chewie sparked my interest back up in collecting some of the core characters from the franchise though and I need a Vader to go with my Luke anyways. I may put one on order soon. I sort of wish I wouldn't have missed the exclusive with the battle damaged hand but I guess I wouldn't really use it unless I had a Jedi Luke to square off with him.

Mines the exclusive and I'm selling it if you're interested. I dont need two Vaders.
There's a lot to like in this pic. Great job!
Thanks! :)

that is an amazing pic.

Can you guys confirm me which precise type of body came with the DX07?

Is it a True type slim or a narrow shoulder?

Thanx.

Back