Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One question to the ESB Luke antenna .. i displayed it first time. the top of the antenna including the lightning doesnt really fit to the bottom. U have the possibility to hang it on the wall or top .. but how. The antenna is loose .. if i hang it on the wall the bottom will fall down .. i hope somebody can understand me .. enclosed u see a picture..

thanks
vu6e3yne.jpg

That picture shows a broken/damaged antenna. But it's VERY easy to fix because it looks like only the glue has released. Those two pieces are normally supposed to be glued together permanently, so you can use some CA glue or epoxy meant for plastics to put it back together.

Yeah at 3 times the price. :lol

Nah, likely very close to what I sold it for. This set is great, but they may a boatload of them. They'll be around for 350-400 for the regular version for a long time, if not always. Not everything balloons to 700-800... or 900-1200, as would be 3 times the price of retail vs what they go for now. :)

One question to the ESB Luke antenna .. i displayed it first time. the top of the antenna including the lightning doesnt really fit to the bottom. U have the possibility to hang it on the wall or top .. but how. The antenna is loose .. if i hang it on the wall the bottom will fall down .. i hope somebody can understand me .. enclosed u see a picture..

Mine had the same issue. Many did. Like Pixel said, glue it. Use the good stuff if you're gonna hang it from the ceiling with the weight of a figure on it forever.

Mine had the same issue. Many did. Like Pixel said, glue it. Use the good stuff if you're gonna hang it from the ceiling with the weight of a figure on it forever.

I had to break mine apart at this exact place a couple of weeks ago to get access to the LEDs inside - I'm going to rewire the whole thing properly and at the same time, at the suggestion of someone else, I'm going to see if I can get the red LEDs to blink at the same time.

thanks pixelpiper .. i will try it in near future, first i must buy some ca glue :)

ps: have send u my mail adress

Last edited:
Best price I've found is $430 shipped from China

:slap Damn. I bought my loose BD luke with weather vane for $130 shipped back when they were plentiful. I guess it should have been pretty obvious this fig would jump in price though.

Of course if HT do another (better) ESB Luke it could go down again. The sculpts on this fig - especially the non-BD - aren't perfect by any means. I can see a Dagobah Luke with Yoda, Snowspeeder Luke, even a re-issue of a "single version" of this Bespin Luke fig with an ESB Vader.

:slap Damn. I bought my loose BD luke with weather vane for $130 shipped back when they were plentiful. I guess it should have been pretty obvious this fig would jump in price though.

Of course if HT do another (better) ESB Luke it could go down again. The sculpts on this fig - especially the non-BD - aren't perfect by any means. I can see a Dagobah Luke with Yoda, Snowspeeder Luke, even a re-issue of a "single version" of this Bespin Luke fig with an ESB Vader.
I regret not ordering from BBTS a few months ago when they were still available. I'll probably end up getting it as I don't see HT making another Bespin Luke. Not both kinds anyway.

I regret not ordering from BBTS a few months ago when they were still available. I'll probably end up getting it as I don't see HT making another Bespin Luke. Not both kinds anyway.

The set was a pretty good deal - it was two complete figures with an (pretty large, with lights) environment. I just kept looking at it going "it's two of the same fig" and didn't order. I was just really lucky I happened to see the loose fig on eBay and got it when I did. I checked recently and even the parts on this fig are sky-high.

I recently bought a slim narrow shoulder to swap this fig to but it seemed too small so I'm keeping it as-is (to me the existing fig's shoulders look a bit wide.)

:The sculpts on this fig - especially the non-BD - aren't perfect by any means.

This release is awesome in a sum of its parts sort of way. I wouldn't expect Hot Toys to make a better head sculpt. Most of their sculpts are off to some degree, may more so than Luke. Han is a great example of a totally sub-par sculpt. I'm not sure what their mentality was with it - maybe they thought they'd make it a touch better than their Indy sculpt and call it a day. WOuld have been great if they provided he artist some photos of Harrison Ford as Solo to base the sculpt on.

I wish I could find some new belts for my figures in this set. There are some available but pretty pricey (around $40 or more). Both of mine have some issues, fairly minor but bothersome to me. The magnets came off of the holster on both and I did sort of a sloppy job getting new ones on. Plus on the battle damaged version one of the pouches broke off. One of the bad things about buying used items I guess but I got a good deal on the set when I bought it last year.

Back