Hot Toys DX 04 is coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Sparrow maybe?

2 heads, 1 smirking, one serious
New small, slim body
Tattoos could explain the body art maybe
New movie coming out

:huh

Artists Cast:
- Head Sculpted by Yulli
- Body Sculpted by Noh Sung Woon & Kouhei Okui
- Painted by JC Hong
- Head & Body Art Directed by JC Hong & Kojun
- Costume Made by Lim Young Jin
- Accessory Sculpted by Cha Tae Jin
- Product Designed by Monster Jr., Hazel Lee & Ray Ling
- Backdrop Designed by Monster Jr. & Fung Wong

Is it noteworthy that the word "accessory" is singular? I can't imagine a Jake Sully coming with ONE accessory. Of those listed, most would be relatively accessory-heavy except the Superman. Then again ... maybe its just a translation issue.

SnakeDoc

If it's years in the making, then it's a Rambo 4.. It was only a year ago that a HT Christopher Reeve Superman was blatantly requested by fans.. while HT already had the Rambo license under their belt, so it was easy to start R&D on the Rambo 4 figure. :yess:

Disagree, they need to develop this system for the T1 line anyway. Hotel Room T 800 head, new Endo, etc.

Just because they "need to" doesnt justify how complicated a moveable light-up moveable PERS head will be. But I do hope they prove me wrong and it is something terminator with new PERS features.

My bet is superman or rambo. Theyve said its been years in the making, so I doubt Its anything Avatar related.

You're probably right. Who knows? It's just... about Rambo, there's something about the PERS sistems... They said TWO sistems... What head are they gonna put the second PERS on? I mean, the sculpts can't be too different. Look at Leonidas from 300. They're different and still SO ALIKE.
Just like on Superman. What makes him different from Kent? A pair of glasses?
I don't know...
We're just gonna have to wait and see! :)

People are not talking about the head art, they're talking about the body art. Which suggests either Avatar or BD T-800.
But I am SURE, I am SO SURE, I could bet 1,000,000$ RIGHT NOW it's NOT gonna be the T-800... NO WAY, If I'm wrong, I'll leave Sideshow Freaks and never come back.
I am SO POSITIVE, for so many reasons I'm not even gonna waste my time in writing them.
It comes down to this: either Avatar or Superman Reeve. I hope it's AVATAR.

Well the body art direction is weird, because they have never gave that credit before. Berserker has Body art so does Wolverine, how come they did not get directed? Confusing

Newly sculpted muscular body and two heads, it has to be Rambo. Though I was hoiping it was something terminator, Rambo would be my second choice.:)

No interest in Avaturd aliens for me, but the "body art" clue may indicate that it is as well the new body. Bummer.

1st headsculpt:

288_8969_l.jpg

2nd headsculpt (Final Battle version):

rambo+2.jpg

**and boy, will you need a "Body Artist" to come close to the battle-worn shirt in this photo. :)

I'm guessing Avatar after reading the new info. I doubt I'll be interested anymore though. I'm glad they've taken so long with Avatar since I would have bought them when the film first came out. :lol

Haha, still hoping it's an AVATAR/Jake Sully figure.
It fits the bill perfectly:
An Avatar figure with PERS + Jake Sully head with PERS, outfit and wheelchair like on the DX Joker, so we can buy another body to make our own JS figure. That would be sweet.
I actually doubt it's a Superman. HT just wrote: "A few fans got it right". WEll... out of the 500 comments, more than 300 are suggesting a Superman Reeve figure so, that's not 'a few'... A 'few' were the ones suggesting Avatar, like me.
And not to be mean, Superman fans, but HT doesn't even have the Superman Reeve movie license... And two similar headsculpt Superman/Kent? It would be a waste of PERS sistems, honestly!
I don't think it's a BD T-800 either. They couldn't put the PERS in the damaged headsculpt. And even IF they could manage to do that, in the best scenario, HT said we'll get TWO PERS sistems... Where are they gonna put the second sistem? We already got a non-damaged version of Arnie. Not to mention it came out just two weeks ago. The releases would be way too close.
It's not Mark V either. They can't put the pers in the mask... because the mask doesn't have eyes. And if they'll put the PERS in a Tony Stark head INSIDE the mask, again, same quesion comes along: What will happen with the second PERS?
I'm betting on Avatar, or Superman... Altough I don't like the idea of a Superman. Honestly... It's just such an old movie.. I just want something FRESH.
It's just my opinion! :)

Firstly hot toys don't announce all there licenses to us before they show a figure ..they could have it but just have kept it under wraps until now.
We know they have made a ghostrider and platoon figure..and they have yet to announce there licenses.

Secondly hot toys saying "a few fans got it right" .. doesn't mean literally a hand full got it right ..hot toys are teasing us for all you know when they say "a few" ..they could be talking sarcastically.

Lastly .."Something fresh"!? ..i think we have been getting enough fresh characters ..Ironman, Inglorious bastards,Prince of persia,clash of the titans,300,Watchmen,Dark Knight,predators ..i could go on..and we already know avatar,tron,spiderman 3,and expendables are all on the way... so ya:dunno

They can forget about any other Rambo figure, as long as they cap off their Rambo line with Rambo 4!!! And my wallet can really rest on buying other HT figures, if they are completing the Rambo 4 line. This will be my fulfillment!

Just like on Superman. What makes him different from Kent? A pair of glasses?
I don't know...
We're just gonna have to wait and see! :)

Clark Kent parts his hair the other direction, and styles it completely differently ... so a separate sculpt for Kent and Superman actually makes quote a bit of sense.

christopher_reeve_superman.jpg

clarkkent.jpg

SnakeDoc

But I'd still love to see a DX-04 Rambo 4!!! Imagine an action figure close to this:

10.jpg

*Excellent Photo taken by MaulFan

Clark Kent parts his hair the other direction, and styles it completely differently ... so a separate sculpt for Kent and Superman actually makes quote a bit of sense.

christopher_reeve_superman.jpg

clarkkent.jpg

SnakeDoc

Uhh.

Watch for my youtube vid of me crying girly tears if it is not this we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back