Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Just bought 3 sets of 7 and planning to stack them 4 high, 5 across.
Waiting for the AC adapters to light them up. Will post pics when finish.
Use a 4.5 volt 2.0 amp adapter, that's what it shows in the back of the unit.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Dear god... I hope to own a display like that someday.

I just want 1 set of 7 and people here are buying 3 :lol

I just want 1 set of 7 and people here are buying 3 :lol

Took the plunge....I had to ;-) At the last count, I have 16 Iron Man guys and there are at least 5 more on pre order.
Gonna need more Halls!!

Took the plunge....I had to ;-) At the last count, I have 16 Iron Man guys and there are at least 5 more on pre order.
Gonna need more Halls!!

Good luck!

My collection will breach 50 IM figs before I start backtracking for these :thud:

Gonna need more Halls!!

Not to mention 2 more that aren't even Pre orders yet, (Blue Steel / Hot Rod) alone from what else is still coming, I doubt they are close to done yet....that Striker half suit is probably some early work on that suit...

Just got these in hand yesterday and after assembling everything and filling it with the IM armor pieces I have, it is absolutely gorgeous. My wife was actually amazed at the display (especially the lighting)!

I do have one question about the lighting though. The instruction sheet says I can use 1 4.5v AC adapter to power all the bases once they are all attached. I purchased a universal AC/DC Adapter and made sure I selected the 4.5v option, but the stand would not light up. I am not sure what is wrong, but can anyone who is currently using an adapter for their display recommend me an adapter I can purchase that would guarantee work? Thanks!

Just bought 3 sets of 7 and planning to stack them 4 high, 5 across.
Waiting for the AC adapters to light them up. Will post pics when finish.
Use a 4.5 volt 2.0 amp adapter, that's what it shows in the back of the unit.

I have done a lot of modifications to these units, you might want to read the thread at https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143782&page=2

The power supply must have the correct plug size to work.

This 4.5vdc 1 amp power supply on eBay will power 7 bays including the walls for $5 shipped and it has the correct plug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151134794271...84.m1497.l2649

It’s also a good idea to modify the walls and hook them up so they can be powered by the same power supply that powers the bases, otherwise you are going to have variation in the wall lighting as the batteries decay differently.

Lordthanos55: Buying 21 bays is pretty ambitious but I’m wondering why you didn’t go for a combo, Hall of Armor / Wine Cellar Display, it is more accurate to the movie and Red Snapper and Peace Keeper can not fit into the original HOA bays

I have done a lot of modifications to these units, you might want to read the thread at https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143782&page=2

The power supply must have the correct plug size to work.

This 4.5vdc 1 amp power supply on eBay will power 7 bays including the walls for $5 shipped and it has the correct plug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151134794271...84.m1497.l2649

It’s also a good idea to modify the walls and hook them up so they can be powered by the same power supply that powers the bases, otherwise you are going to have variation in the wall lighting as the batteries decay differently.

Lordthanos55: Buying 21 bays is pretty ambitious but I’m wondering why you didn’t go for a combo, Hall of Armor / Wine Cellar Display, it is more accurate to the movie and Red Snapper and Peace Keeper can not fit into the original HOA bays

Hall of Armor/Wine Cellar display?? Is that the Party Protocol Hall of Armors? If so, I thought that they looked a little cheap, quality wise.
Don't like the foam look plus at my cost, the set of 7 is about $75.00 a piece.

Need someone to show me exactly how to hook up those side walls since I'm not an electrical wiz.

I'm sure that HT are not done with the Armors yet, there are plenty more to come out so I guess I'll have to rotate them since I do not
Have any more space. I don't think I can stack them 5 high !!

Sale on SSC 4 piece set right now...10% off and then the Houseparty14 code works as well plus extra rewards!!!! I finally got a set!

you can two sets of 4 and it will be cheaper after shipping then getting a set of 7 for $799.99 plus shipping, and I think shipping for the 7 is like $58.00

They're pricey, but if you can save with coupons, go for it. They look much nicer than the HPP version.

They're doing free shipping on the 4 pack too. Wow, that's like $403 shipped with all the discounts and extra points

damn, that's a good deal for the 4 pack. I wish I had all of my available RPs, I would have totally picked this up

Back