Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Nice set up and good way to utilize that scarce Manhattan real estate. Do you have space to sit in that room now that the HOA is in there? :lol :wink1:[/QUOTE]

It's on wall in the living room between two windows and above the glass rack for my av receiver and doesn't take up much space. The bottom shelf of figures under the HOA may change over time (currently with IM3 HT figures) which will allow me rotate new ones in over time. One possibility might be the Cap WS figures once I have the full set. A lot of my other HT Marvel figures are still in the boxes in a hall closet since I don't have room to display all of them at the same time image.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Really need to get around to doing your light up mod. Are you using a standard 4.5v adapter to light up all 7 base lights?

Yes sir that is correct. I had to take my set apart, I was trying to fit all by bits and bobs I have for the workshop dio and ended up with too little space. I added another 1.5 feet of depth to my display so I can fit the gantry in the display area.

Going to have to go up some voltage, I am planning to wire all of the bases that came with the Tony Figure and all the IM 3 bases to control over 1 dimmer source.

Was trying to bid for a 7 set on ebay. Trying to get it at 30~40% off and these guys comes out of nowhere and basically bid-sniped at full price lol guess I'll be getting it from SSC afterall

Was trying to bid for a 7 set on ebay. Trying to get it at 30~40% off and these guys comes out of nowhere and basically bid-sniped at full price lol guess I'll be getting it from SSC afterall

Probably the sellers friend... doesnt want to let it go for so little so he gets another account to up bid it to retail... happens quite a bit

Probably the sellers friend... doesnt want to let it go for so little so he gets another account to up bid it to retail... happens quite a bit

Yeah I was thinking about that. I just learned to cut it when the price gets to high. Don't wanna fall into it paying more than i wanted

So true. I have been on the Bay from pretty much the beginning and have seen that happen too many times. It ruins the fun of finding true bargains.

Yes sir that is correct. I had to take my set apart, I was trying to fit all by bits and bobs I have for the workshop dio and ended up with too little space. I added another 1.5 feet of depth to my display so I can fit the gantry in the display area.

Going to have to go up some voltage, I am planning to wire all of the bases that came with the Tony Figure and all the IM 3 bases to control over 1 dimmer source.

You want to up the current, not the voltage

Upping the voltage past 4.5 volts will burn up the units.

Try to find a 4.5 volt converter in the 1.5 amp range or use 2.

Hooking everything in parallel will keep the voltage at 4.5 volts and 1.5 amps should be more then sufficient to run everything.

If it was bid up to over $700 by one of the sellers friends the seller would have to pay over $70 in fees or try to get eBay to cancel the auction. They will do it once in a while but they are very good at catching shill bidders

If it was bid up to over $700 by one of the sellers friends the seller would have to pay over $70 in fees or try to get eBay to cancel the auction. They will do it once in a while but they are very good at catching shill bidders

Not really, If its his friend or friends they just dont pay (no consequence to them for not paying) and the seller re lists it and hopes for more bids next time

Not really, If its his friend or friends they just dont pay (no consequence to them for not paying) and the seller re lists it and hopes for more bids next time

And i don't think there would be minimum listing fees due to it being listed at $9 initially

You want to up the current, not the voltage

Upping the voltage past 4.5 volts will burn up the units.

Try to find a 4.5 volt converter in the 1.5 amp range or use 2.

Hooking everything in parallel will keep the voltage at 4.5 volts and 1.5 amps should be more then sufficient to run everything.

I am running a series circuit not a parallel. Do not need more amps my DC current is stable. I need voltage as i am adding onto the series. It will be more energy efficient.

By increasing the current you are increasing the electricity charge to the circuit and will cost more money and waste energy.

I need to get one more hall so I can start building the "Party" level to my workshop dio. Well, one more bay and HT to release more damn suits. :lol

Lookin' sweet dude :clap. I can't wait till I have the space I need to display my stuff the way I want

Nice set up and good way to utilize that scarce Manhattan real estate. Do you have space to sit in that room now that the HOA is in there? :lol :wink1:

It's on wall in the living room between two windows and above the glass rack for my av receiver and doesn't take up much space. The bottom shelf of figures under the HOA may change over time (currently with IM3 HT figures) which will allow me rotate new ones in over time. One possibility might be the Cap WS figures once I have the full set. A lot of my other HT Marvel figures are still in the boxes in a hall closet since I don't have room to display all of them at the same timeView attachment 104808[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just poking fun at Manhattan square footage :wink1:

The set up is looking good. Do you have any close-ups of Pepper? Where is the sculpt from?

The set up is looking good. Do you have any close-ups of Pepper? Where is the sculpt from?[/QUOTE]

The head sculpt is a Simplz Toys from Hong Kong- they run about $40 on Ebay if you use the buy it now button.

It's not perfect- but close enough until Hot Toys gets around to doing a better Paltrow sculpt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIMPLZ-TOY...3802?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c3eed9c9a

The rest of the figure is HT Black Widow body (Ver 1) with clothes bought from various Ebay sellers

Attachments

• pepper-2.jpg
    pepper-2.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 573

I am running a series circuit not a parallel. Do not need more amps my DC current is stable. I need voltage as i am adding onto the series. It will be more energy efficient.

By increasing the current you are increasing the electricity charge to the circuit and will cost more money and waste energy.

From the factory these units connect to each other in parallel. That is why 3 batteries can run multiple units.

If you go above 4.5volts you will burn up your units, several people have already done that and posted about it.

A converter that can provide 1.5amps is not going to be any less efficient then a 9 volt converter putting out .75 amps. Circuits only draw the amount of current they need to operate.

To make a circuit work correctly you must provide it with the correct voltage and enough current.

In this case, the circuit operates on 4.5 volts and since it would be difficult to calculate the resistance load it would be very difficult to determine the correct voltage drop so that your series circuit works out to 4.5 volts.

Here's my little step by step for getting the side walls together posted earlier in this thread.....

LINKING SIDE WALLS MOD:

A real easy way to get these wired requires a few little things.

- 20 gauge wire
- 3/8 Dow wood rod
- steel tacks
- mini transformer adapter for a 2 wire +\- power strip

After a second time of changing the batteries in my HoA since I set it up a month or two ago, I was looking for a better solution and came across this post.

Using a PSU is not an option for me, but I may well do this flying lead approach to external battery units. My question is - is it electrically valid to wire each side unit in series and hook them up to the same battery at the end and if so, what spec of battery would I need? If not, I can have 8 units on flying leads, I'm just trying to cut down battery change times :)

Also - the base units transfer power between themselves with a PSU attached. Is this still true when using batteries, too? If so, what battery setup would I need to use to power the base units from a single battery pack?

Selling my HOA set of 7 BNISB if anyone's interested :)

Thinking of buying the galant display case for my hall of armor. Does anyone have this up on a wall?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80206530/#/20206533

That looks to have a partition in the middle, which I don't think you could remove (without the top sagging), so it might be in the way. Unless you didn't mind having some on one half and the other

Last edited:

Yeah I have one. Well a different from and color but more or less the same. It doesn't have the height or depth for the hall of armor. At least from looking at the hall specs and photos. I don't have one yet. And they are curved too when connected right?

Back