Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is the reaction from HT to the other company's IM diecasts...unbelievable. You know this is happening because of it.

We need 10 more IM's...the cost? $400

Need more details. Any RDJ sculpts? Articulation? The press release is very bare.

Yeah it is, they probably have done NOTHING other than say they are going to do them

Coming soon? 2014-15 if they do come at all....
unless they cancel ALL lines other than Marvel and DC and just do the diecasts

i am curious how it turns out. It is tempting to sell my original Mark III and put the money away for one. I feel like I need more information before making the leap though. The announcement hasn't freaked me out. While I've been a Hot Toys Iron Man collector over the years, I've passed on Mech Test Tony, the gantry and plan to pass on the new Tony Stark and hall of armor pieces. I just want one of each suit and what ever villains they make. If any of my figures could use an upgrade its the mark III, so I will just patiently wait for more news. My hope is that even though this will be made with a different material it still will fit with the Movie Masterpiece line, like using similar stands and things like that.

Could the unpainted IM in the background be a WIP of a die cast statue?

481352_10151200609342344_805455765_n.jpg

I had quit Hot toys, sticking to 2 lines mainly, Iron Man, Terminator,, done with Nolans Batman with watever out so far, only other line I collected was Predators, which too Im out
Wont be getting into any new lines hopefully , as they are too costly, with chances of remakes every 2 years making it real costly,
Only thing that can interest me is some Robot or Mech figures like Robocop, I wish they would do it in diecast from beginning
if I was only into Hot toys prob i could afford but with Sideshow premium formats my main focus, hot toys loses out

I wondered the same, would explain the whole less articulation story that was going around from OMG a couple of weeks back

I thought the same thing as soon as i saw they were making die cast ones.

Just so I'm clear on this announcement HT is basically remaking all their previous Iron Man figures as articulated 1/6 scale figures again but this time with fully metal parts?

So really this would only apply to IM and other armored figures or are we to believe they'll be making characters like Cap and Thor as fully metal figures as well?

Just so I'm clear on this announcement HT is basically remaking all their previous Iron Man figures as articulated 1/6 scale figures again but this time with fully metal parts?

So really this would only apply to IM and his various incarnations and not really anyone else?

Not necessarily, the only certainties so far is the Mark III and the Whiplash Iron Mongor equivalent, those two cover the Ironman 1 & 2 films leaving at least 1 figure from Ironman 3 and one from The Avengers (probably the VI or VII)

I doubt Hot Toys will get around to doing all 8 armours (by 8 I include the mrk 42)

I thought the same thing as soon as i saw they were making die cast ones.

Great minds :wink1:

at the price that the Mark VI and Warmachine are going at now I'm kinda hoping for these to be made so i can pour my money on them instead

So really this would only apply to IM and other armored figures or are we to believe they'll be making characters like Cap and Thor as fully metal figures as well?

I doubt they would make figures like Cap, Thor etc in metal because it would not work. It would probably just be Iron Man that are Diecast, besides injection molding is cheaper then Die casting.

I doubt they would make figures like Cap, Thor etc in metal because it would not work. It would probably just be Iron Man that are Diecast, besides injection molding is cheaper then Die casting.

Gotcha. So basically then all this announcement did was indicate that everyone's extensive Iron Man collections will soon be obsolete? :monkey1

Back