Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay has a 20% off everything today only, might be able to get a good deal on one there

There was one on eBay yesterday for like $210 I think; gone today with that 20% off coupon.

That’s probably the one I bought this morning! Was so sad to cancel my original preorder. I had to scoop one up when I saw that coupon.

eBay has a 20% off everything today only, might be able to get a good deal on one there

I'm in Europe so don't get these eBay sales unfortunately. In Europe my impression is Amazon is killing eBay the last couple of years. I guess this is eBay fighting back (at least in the US).

But are they footing the 20% themselves ? Or do the sellers participate. If not that must be a huge cost for eBay to lure people back from Amazon. If that's their strategy.

I'm in Europe so don't get these eBay sales unfortunately. In Europe my impression is Amazon is killing eBay the last couple of years. I guess this is eBay fighting back (at least in the US).

But are they footing the 20% themselves ? Or do the sellers participate. If not that must be a huge cost for eBay to lure people back from Amazon. If that's their strategy.

Yeah I've always wondered about those sales. You miss out unless you're explicitly in the country the version of Ebays is based in right? I live in New Zealand and even the Australian ones don't work for me.

The coupons are pretty nice, but sometimes it's tough to find anything in stock worth buying 1/6 wise. I couldn't find any figures I wanted at a decent price even with the 20% off so I bought a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with 1/6.

Also eBay is still taking their own customary bite out of the sale price of course so they aren't exactly getting killed on the sale.

These coupons are nice, I keep a full shopping cart just to be ready when the coupon pops.

I sold quite a few items on eBay yesterday, eBay does not take an extra cut from the sellers.

Right I forgot it was only in Canada and US, my bad.

I did use the last 20% off event for Tarkin though, came to about $260 CAD, so that was decent. Didn't get anything this time around though, I'm all caught up except for my pre-orders.

They foot the 20% off. Sellers get full amount of the sale.

The coupons are pretty nice, but sometimes it's tough to find anything in stock worth buying 1/6 wise. I couldn't find any figures I wanted at a decent price even with the 20% off so I bought a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with 1/6.

Also eBay is still taking their own customary bite out of the sale price of course so they aren't exactly getting killed on the sale.

They still take their 10% but are losing 10%. I sell something for $100, buyer pays $80. I pay eBay $10 so I get $90. EBay is footing the $10 difference between the $90 I get and the $80 the buyer paid.

They foot the 20% off. Sellers get full amount of the sale.

They still take their 10% but are losing 10%. I sell something for $100, buyer pays $80. I pay eBay $10 so I get $90. EBay is footing the $10 difference between the $90 I get and the $80 the buyer paid.

I didn't know the exact numbers breakdown but I knew they were taking a hit. I imagine it's worth it to them to get a lot of action going. It works, I bought a bunch of stuff yesterday that I otherwise would not have. Sometimes when I buy stuff it also inspires me to take the time to sell off some stuff I no longer want/need.

Ebay makes so much money they can more than afford the 20%... and I'm glad they started doing this so often. I try to always take advantage of their offers.

Bought two figures yesterday!

Ebay makes so much money they can more than afford the 20%... and I'm glad they started doing this so often. I try to always take advantage of their offers.

What did you pick up? I couldn't find anything 1/6 wise and I looked pretty hard. I am mostly caught up except very recently dropped figures and pre-orders.

Awesome!
I was looking over ebay yesterday and nothing really jumped out as a good deal on something that I've been interested in.
I do want the regular GOTG Vol.2 Rocket figure, but there wasn't one available that wouldv'e had the "can't miss out with discount" urge. Best to save my money for the stuff I really can't miss out on regardless of discount.

What did you pick up? I couldn't find anything 1/6 wise and I looked pretty hard. I am mostly caught up except very recently dropped figures and pre-orders.

Awesome!
I was looking over ebay yesterday and nothing really jumped out as a good deal on something that I've been interested in.
I do want the regular GOTG Vol.2 Rocket figure, but there wasn't one available that wouldv'e had the "can't miss out with discount" urge. Best to save my money for the stuff I really can't miss out on regardless of discount.

I couldn't find anything until end of day. I got Furiosa... and Drax. Both only because of very good pricing.

I didn't know the exact numbers breakdown but I knew they were taking a hit. I imagine it's worth it to them to get a lot of action going. It works, I bought a bunch of stuff yesterday that I otherwise would not have. Sometimes when I buy stuff it also inspires me to take the time to sell off some stuff I no longer want/need.

It's worth it to them for that, and also someone pointed out to me; they're artificially increasing the prices of 'sold' items that sell during this time. There's items priced high by sellers who sit on those items that sell during these coupons. Then later when someone is pricing things or when looking at sold items to see what they're going for you're going to see higher prices. There's no note that someone only paid 80% of that value. I really don't think it'll affect it that much since there's sooooo many items out there and stuff but in general I think it might put a small uptick in prices.

I couldn't find anything until end of day. I got Furiosa... and Drax. Both only because of very good pricing.

I checked out Furiosa, it would've only given me a $10 discount from what I could've bought her from Timewalker. I just had to say no.

People have worked it out, but that Furiosa is a lot of damn work to make look good. I know you enjoy that sort of thing, congrats and good luck!

Are you getting the whole GOTG crew? I think I am sticking with Star Lord, Rocket, Yondu, and the throw in baby Groot at least for now. It's a strange thing for me to do considering I need only pick up Drax and Gamora for a complete squad. But if I get all of them one detolf shelf is problematic.

Found out about the sale with less than an hour to shop around. Nothing caught my eye as well. I need a lil more time to blow my cash. Good sale though

I checked out Furiosa, it would've only given me a $10 discount from what I could've bought her from Timewalker. I just had to say no.

I'm certain she will drop further in price... but I don't want to wait for 6 months to get her for $110. I ended up paying $135 shipped.

People have worked it out, but that Furiosa is a lot of damn work to make look good. I know you enjoy that sort of thing, congrats and good luck!

Are you getting the whole GOTG crew? I think I am sticking with Star Lord, Rocket, Yondu, and the throw in baby Groot at least for now. It's a strange thing for me to do considering I need only pick up Drax and Gamora for a complete squad. But if I get all of them one detolf shelf is problematic.

I have a Wonder Woman body ready and I'm eager to build this Furiosa out. I do love bashing figures, once I work it out.

I had no intention of getting the whole crew -- but for Yondu I wanted Star-Lord and Gamora. I was lucky enough to get an original Gamora for a good price recently (delivered today in fact) but Star-Lord still eludes me (I could have had him for $225 shipped during the last 20% coupon a few months back but I missed out). So in the meantime I started eyeballing Groot/Rocket and found some were going for decent prices. And that led me to check out Drax prices. Yesterday's coupon gave a great final price on Drax (below retail) so I made an offer and got lucky the seller accepted. So unless I stay with Yondu, Gamora and Drax... then yes I think I'm in for the entire gang at some point.

Sorry to derail the gunner. I actually looked him up yesterday too.

I wanna get this guy based on their look in the movie... but I really have a problem with his helmet apparently being way too narrow. ...I can get him for around €240 and just don’t know if I should go for it... I’ll probably regret if I don’t...

Back