Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will go for any Vader as well, his suit being pleather too.

Thats right. The only reason why I still have not gotten any HT Vader yet. Probably will never get,
I do have a Sideshow ANH Vader bought in 2009, some 9yrs ago, and the suit is holding up well. No crack whatsoever.

Nobody ever reported cracks on Vader. Pleather on Gunner is much thicker and he has very stressed places where it can tear apart in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody ever reported cracks on Vader. Pleather on Gunner is much thicker and he has very stressed places where it can tear apart in no time.

Not on SSC or HT Vader. But on Medi Vaders. In the end, only time will tell how well things will last

Sorry. How did this happen? Try to find a metal rod to fit in there. At least Sideshow included 2 antennae with R5-J2, but I only got one, and then the shop I bought it from sent a second.

Sorry. How did this happen? Try to find a metal rod to fit in there. At least Sideshow included 2 antennae with R5-J2, but I only got one, and then the shop I bought it from sent a second.

Clumsy hands and just a little space under the wall to fit paper or ds gunner antenna :D I will need to find some rod, yeah. And idk about two antennas with R5, i got only one too.

Hot Toys could have included 2 antenna rods with this figure, I doubt would have cost too much. They could have considered it an accessory LOL

I just bought one off eBay without an antenna. Should be easy enough to get some thin wire or a needle to replace it.

Is there anything distinctive about the antenna (color, shape, etc.), or is it just plain and featureless?

Reading through the Art of Solo book i was inspired by the early concept art of the Range Troopers.

A simple custom by adding the WW2 Great coat looks quite effective. Similar to what Imperial officers wore in Rogue One and Solo.
I was planning on adding the fur collar and the Imperial logo on the sleeves, but actually really like how it looks with the pauldron on.

Whats your thoughts on this alternative look?

View attachment 421057
View attachment 421059
View attachment 421060
View attachment 421061
View attachment 421062
View attachment 421063

Nice! I really like that. I may buy some parts and make an alternate to display as an “off-camera” Imperial Gunner from Solo.

I just bought one off eBay without an antenna. Should be easy enough to get some thin wire or a needle to replace it.

Is there anything distinctive about the antenna (color, shape, etc.), or is it just plain and featureless?

The antenna is copper colored. Otherwise a regular wire would do the trick

Mine were silver, not copper or black.

According to 501st Legion guidelines for the costume, the antenna is simply required to have an “Unpainted metal finish.”

After looking at screen grabs and lots of high end replicas, it appears that either silver or copper are acceptable colors, but none of them appear to be black.

According to 501st Legion guidelines for the costume, the antenna is simply required to have an “Unpainted metal finish.”

After looking at screen grabs and lots of high end replicas, it appears that either silver or copper are acceptable colors, but none of them appear to be black.

Mine is black. Not that I couldn't clean up the paint, but will keep as it is

Hot Toys Death Star Gunner 12.jpg

After looking at the last few comments about the antenna I looked online for movie stills to compare to mine and I can't help but think the HT antenna is way oversized. Does anyone get that impression?

Bought my 2nd one of these guys on Facebook for $125. Only problem is it seems my package has been lost in the post or is being held by customs. No tracking update for nearly 2 weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back