Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is though, we can almost 99.9% guarantee that Classic will sell!

Hence, why HT doesn't know what sells and what doesn't. ;)

I don't quite understand why they make the decisions they do. Most of the time, it's for a good reason, one that we won't discover until up to a year later on occasion. Other times, they either produce a figure no one wanted or turned their backs on a character that would in fact sell.
License shouldn't be an issue here and HT has already established that they're not above revisiting previously-done characters with their new techniques and methods ( :yess: )*, so it's hard to know exactly what they're thinking -- if they are in fact thinking about these choices at all.

*They didn't go into specifics here, but on an FAQ, they mentioned that they were looking into it and were still planning these things out.

...HT has already established that they're not above revisiting previously-done characters with their new techniques and methods ( :yess: )...

*They didn't go into specifics here, but on an FAQ, they mentioned that they were looking into it and were still planning these things out.

Re-read that FAQ post and they mentioned we might see something next year, possibly. The question itself mentioned AVP, Alien, and Predator in particular. :)

Because that comic character they made with the eyeball mask sold gangbusters outside of Asia, right? :wink1:

Instead, what does HotToys do? They make Billy for Predator who was a HARD sell for a year or so with his camo face. They do Jupiter for Watchmen who was responsible for the license's demise with her lackluster sales. Then, instead of Ra's to compliment the OC Batman, they do Dent for TDK who bellyflopped like a fat man's swan dive. Sometimes I don't think they know what sells and what doesn't.
:goodpost: Which is why I always say, you can never tell what HT will do next. :lol

Everytime I come to this thread I hope to hear some official confirmation that HT will be making a Classic Predator and everytime I don't see any news my soul dies a little more lol. Hopefully we'll hear something official at SDCC.

Everytime I come to this thread I hope to hear some official confirmation that HT will be making a Classic Predator and everytime I don't see any news my soul dies a little more lol. Hopefully we'll hear something official at SDCC.

:exactly::exactly:

That would be a great surprise to a glimpse of this figure or at least confirmation of it at SDCC. :yess:

Fingers crossed.

ok guys to keep this post alive

P1MOVIE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back