Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy have other Superman in YOUTUBE, some people leave a nasty comments.

I think this thread really has served its purpose.

People in other galaxies even know there is a demand for this by now so before it descends further into pointlessness I think it should be closed lest we keep checking back to see what drivel has bumped the topic back to the top.

:wave

Real Talk: DecepticonJohn would have to pay ME $350 to display that POS. :lol:lol:lol

Sorry but it is no longer available. I managed to talk him down on price and worked out a deal. I still feel i over payed but i got Sups for a jelly bean, one used band aid, some pocket lint and a half of a shirt button. He will be displayed next to my HT T-800 :yess:

This guy have other Superman in YOUTUBE, some people leave a nasty comments.

If you are talking about his life size superman ..that sculpt wasn't even done by him..

And remember the nasty comments have come from the fact that he is over pricing these figures ..i'm sure we would all be quiet and not say anything bad about the guy if he were just making them for fun or selling them for what there actually worth($5) ..and not trying to rip people off.

Yeah if this were a self-made custom for his own personal collection the comments would be completely different.

If you are talking about his life size superman ..that sculpt wasn't even done by him..

And remember the nasty comments have come from the fact that he is over pricing these figures ..i'm sure we would all be quiet and not say anything bad about the guy if he were just making them for fun or selling them for what there actually worth($5) ..and not trying to rip people off.

The one I saw lifesize is nice is the other one lifesize he say: I paint and do some modifications, for me looks weird.:(

I think this thread really has served its purpose.

People in other galaxies even know there is a demand for this by now so before it descends further into pointlessness I think it should be closed lest we keep checking back to see what drivel has bumped the topic back to the top.

:wave

Just ignore it if you don't want to read it.

Sorry but it is no longer available. I managed to talk him down on price and worked out a deal. I still feel i over payed but i got Sups for a jelly bean, one used band aid, some pocket lint and a half of a shirt button. He will be displayed next to my HT T-800 :yess:

Just make sure you don't flip it for two Jelly beans, because I don't fancy your chances

You Sonovabetch.

dutch.png

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0Vjh7UyXBxk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0Vjh7UyXBxk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
His reaction to the comments about his custom superman..
Gotta say however his life-size stuff are decent..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0Vjh7UyXBxk&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0Vjh7UyXBxk&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
His reaction to the comments about his custom superman..
Gotta say however his life-size stuff are decent..

He does know that they are re-releasing Zod, right. Awesome life size statues. If I wasn't broke, I would buy it (Batman) in a heart beat.

Lol, I cant believe he can say with a serious face that that was a nice 1/6 superman. That was absolutely the most horrendous superman I've seen with no exaggeration.:yuck

fair play to him, he enjoys his hobby, not keen on his 1/6 reeve but love the look of the lifesize one, just wish he'd keep that camera still so we can see it!

wow! I mean I usually don't like to criticize ppl too harshly on their customs b/c anyone who has the courage to try a custom figure is OK in my book, but that superman was just horrible. looks he was trying to give him a joker scar instead of a smirk.
but like others have said, his life-size are pretty awesome. except that joker. was a pretty bad joker sculpt

I agree with you Gipetto about trying not to bash people when they do customs. I still have my early ones that aren't that great, but they mean a lot to me. But this guy's Superman? Oh boy. Where's the smirk he's talking about? I can't see it under the sloppy paint work and sculpting. It looks more like peanut butter on the head sculpt than paint!

Here's what a proper custom Christopher Reeve head sculpt SHOULD look like! This is the custom Reeve Superman head sculpt I have coming courtesy of Les Walker! I should be getting my full Reeve Superman figure from him very soon!

SupermanChrisReevecustomheadbyLesWa.jpg

We tried in 2008 to put the head on a DC Direct 13" "Classic" Superman body. But the neck post was way too long, and the build on the body was too big. Les has now got it on a better body more accurate to Reeve's slimmer muscular build.

Here's a picture of it from 2008 from the first try...

IMG_1162.jpg

See back then the body was just wrong. Too bulky and the neck post was too long...

100_9656.jpg

So we had to get that fixed.

Here's Les Walker's Christopher Reeve Clark Kent head sculpt I already have now. I just want to put it on a regular HT TrueType with a nice suit like he wore in Superman: The Movie. Probably a dark blue or black suit.

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

Now that...is some GREAT and accurate custom work folks! An accurate likeness on both head sculpts. Properly painted by Les himself. I'm very proud to own these. Even if Hot Toys gets around to doing a Reeve Superman, I'll already have what I consider my ultimate set of Superman and Clark Kent! :yess:

Last edited:
nice! thats the exact same figure i have and it looks great on my display. he did a nice job with those! Is Les Walker a member here at all?

You've got one too? That's great! I know he didn't make many, and I'm so proud to get in on the last one. I know him well, and he does post here under his name, Les Walker, as his board member name. Send him a PM sometime. I'm sure he'd love to talk to you again! I know board member kl241 also has one. Les sent his Reeve Superman to him a few months ago. Mine should be coming soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back