Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader and boba are givens (but you never know with HT)
Praying for a Han
What are the chances of palpatine and royal guard reissue?
Royal guard would be easy reissue for a pricey figure on the aftermarket

We all know they will try to bang us with a Jabbas palace r2. I know the sideshow has all of the pieces, but hot toys love’s double dipping and money.

I spent a long time mulling over whether to collect a lot of Black Series figures or get one or two Hot Toys to represent Star Wars in my mancave. Ended up with the first Jedi Luke and always said the only other one I would need is a ROTJ Vader to compliment. A few years went by, couldn't refuse an upgrade to Jedi Luke Deluxe, but that was definitely it until Vader.

Then ESB Boba released and it reminded me of the hunt of finding a Kenner Boba figure as a kid before the Special Editions came out in the 90's, so obviously needed that, especially with that box. But that would be it.

Then The Mandolorian happened and 'that' 2nd season ending, so how could you be a Star Wars fan and not want a Mando figure with the headsculpt when he's literally kept Star Wars from dying post-TLJ? So obviously I'm awaiting shipment for that.

But now I wait anxiously for the Sebastian Shaw ROTJ Vader to be announced that so I can definitly, absolutely put an end to this sickness and I definitely won't need any more figures...

An interesting one as there's barely any troopers they can do to pad out the releases. I'd say next to no chance for the DS Trooper, AT-ST Driver etc. due to head sculpts. It's way too early for a Scout Trooper re-release. Maybe a Stormtrooper re-release.

I have a horrible feeling they won't touch Jabba's Palace (there is an exception). I doubt they'll do Jabba or Slave Leia, so that doesn't bode well for Gamorreans or Bib Fortuna.

My predictions are:

*Boba Fett (re-release)
*Darth Vader (w. Sebastian Shaw hs)
*Emperor (re-release, but only as part of a 2-pack w. Vader)
*Endor Luke/ROTJ Luke (w. updated non-grimacing hs, and possibly speeder bike)
*Boushh
*Han & Chewie (I actually think this will happen before the ESB version)
*Ewok Village Leia (w. 2-pack option inc. Ewok)
*C-3PO (so that you can accessorise him for any of the OT films)
This would be a heck of a run for OT fans! I'd add General Lando as it's a great look for him but poor sales of Bespin Lando might nix that. If they dig into ROTJ the way they did AOTC this number and variety isn't out of the question. If it's like ESB...you can stop the list after Fett and Vader... I'm hoping they go deep with ROTJ...

Vader and boba are givens (but you never know with HT)
Praying for a Han
What are the chances of palpatine and royal guard reissue?
Royal guard would be easy reissue for a pricey figure on the aftermarket
I'm personally expecting a Royal Guard re-release. It's just too easy to do and there's an obvious market for them still. My only thought is that it's tied to Palps basically. I hope they do RG, I really want to grab a couple more

This would be a heck of a run for OT fans! I'd add General Lando as it's a great look for him but poor sales of Bespin Lando might nix that. If they dig into ROTJ the way they did AOTC this number and variety isn't out of the question. If it's like ESB...you can stop the list after Fett and Vader... I'm hoping they go deep with ROTJ...
General Lando was the one I was umming and ahhing over. Like you said though those poor sales of the ESB version might work against it. Really strange considering he was, along with Bespin Han, about the most requested figure to be made before release. The ROTJ look is nicer imo, but the ESB more classic I guess. I'd certainly be up for him, but then I'd forever be in regret we won't get Nien Nunb (a bit like ESB Lando and Lobot).

General Lando was the one I was umming and ahhing over. Like you said though those poor sales of the ESB version might work against it. Really strange considering he was, along with Bespin Han, about the most requested figure to be made before release.
I think one thing that hurt his sales was that he was a supporting character for Bespin Han. No Han, no Lando.

I agree. Watch those clone wars anakin sell now that kenobi is up.
I’ll admit it… soon as they announced CW Kenobi, I immediately purchased CW Anakin. Didn’t have any intentions of picking him up but you can’t have one without the other!

Selfishly, I hope there aren't any re-issues, not for the 40th anyway. HT don't do a lot of OT figures as it is these days and we had 9 new figures for AOTC. 2 new figures for ESB was pitiful, no Han, no Bounty Hunters, no AT-AT Pilots, no Bespin Escape Leia, no Dagobah Luke. Gotta be all new for me or at least do v2's so I can upgrade.

My top wants from this would be

Shaw Vader
Boushh
Bib Fortuna
Gammy
Ackbar

Boushh Leia
Upgraded Palpatine
Royal Guards reissue

Not too much I want or need from this movie.

2 new figures for ESB was pitiful, no Han, no Bounty Hunters, no AT-AT Pilots, no Bespin Escape Leia, no Dagobah Luke.

This reads like when Ralphie from a Christmas story is listing off all the turkey left overs he can't have after the neighbors dogs run through and eat it :lol

But yeah ESB was definitely a pitiful showing.

This reads like when Ralphie from a Christmas story is listing off all the turkey left overs he can't have after the neighbors dogs run through and eat it :lol

But yeah ESB was definitely a pitiful showing.
LMFAO!

"The prototypes were beautiful and the heavenly aroma of freshly painted plastic hung heavy in the HT HQ, but they were all in Howard's office. No Han, no Bounty Hunters, no AT-AT Pilots, no Bespin Escape Leia, no Dagobah Luke. Howard's office, they were all in Howard's office."

If they do 3PO (which I doubt they will with the AOTC version still up for PO) I hope it's a deluxe trilogy version and comes with dented head and silver leg and not just a wooden chair.

Here's my personal list:

Endor Han Solo (please just get over it Hot Toys)
Chewie
C-3PO
Boussh Leia
Ewok Village Leia
Hutt Slayer Leia (probably not going to happen)
General Lando
Nien Nunb
Mon Mothma
Admiral Ackbar
Paploo (with Speeder)
Logray or Teebo (or both)

Back