1/6 Hot Toys C-3PO (See-Threepio) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know any more details on this Hot Ty's/Sideshow agreement? I'm very curious about the specifics of it. I'm in a very similar place as you are as far as 3PO and R2 figures go so I feel your pain.

No, they have never been clear. I go to the Star Wars collectible panel every year at SDCC and although Sideshow are one of the main presenters they have NEVER mentioned anything about Hot Toys whatsoever and only talk about their own figures. Their presentations each year have been getting lighter and lighter with very little said about their own plans for 1/6th let alone HT. They basically pretend HT do not exist at these panels.

Last year someone asked about a 1/6th Poe figure at the end Q&A and the Sideshow rep responded, "take a look at our booth and you will be very happy". I figured they put a new figure out that day as I had already been to the booth but no, there is no Poe figure. When booth staff were questioned about it, they were less than friendly in their response and asked where I had heard such a thing... from your own freakin rep in the panel maybe?

So in summary, I don't think even SSC knows what their agreement with HT is beyond being their distributor. It seems that SSC are going to finish all of the figures that they had already teased at some point: Bounty Hunters - although Boba Fett has already been done by HT, Maul, Jawas, various R2/R5 units and their 3PO is pretty what I remember besides Pilot "Lukes". Do they have anything else SW 1/6th in the pipe?

I think there is now no SS figure that has been previewed but not put up for pre-order. So we'll have to probably wait until Celebration or SDCC to see what else they have coming. Beside Dengar and Zuckuss, every upcoming figure is a rehash/re-use/re-do of some sort.

I don't expect SS to announce anything new in the star wars 1/6 line. Going by the above comments at SDCC I wouldn't be surprised if HT has pushed them out of the SW market. HT quality is better and SS can't keep up. SS is probably either contractually or simply financially obligated to stay as a distributer or they may go under.
Looks like to me they are going in the direction of premium line only.

It's my hope that HT releases this C-3PO with a 2nd slimline ANH-ROTJ torso, midriff with different wires and hips, that can be slotted into the limbs and make him suitable for any display option from 1977 onwards.

He doesn't come with any notable accessories, so 2 multi-purpose bodies would be great.

Somehow it might be wishing too much... and each movie version figure will be a separate purchase.

No, they have never been clear. I go to the Star Wars collectible panel every year at SDCC and although Sideshow are one of the main presenters they have NEVER mentioned anything about Hot Toys whatsoever and only talk about their own figures. Their presentations each year have been getting lighter and lighter with very little said about their own plans for 1/6th let alone HT. They basically pretend HT do not exist at these panels.

Last year someone asked about a 1/6th Poe figure at the end Q&A and the Sideshow rep responded, "take a look at our booth and you will be very happy". I figured they put a new figure out that day as I had already been to the booth but no, there is no Poe figure. When booth staff were questioned about it, they were less than friendly in their response and asked where I had heard such a thing... from your own freakin rep in the panel maybe?

So in summary, I don't think even SSC knows what their agreement with HT is beyond being their distributor. It seems that SSC are going to finish all of the figures that they had already teased at some point: Bounty Hunters - although Boba Fett has already been done by HT, Maul, Jawas, various R2/R5 units and their 3PO is pretty what I remember besides Pilot "Lukes". Do they have anything else SW 1/6th in the pipe?

LOL...remember when they used to host their own panel? I think the last one they were marveling about how HTs produced the Tumbler (maybe it was 89 Batmobile...been so long ago) at the price point they sold it for. They were absolutely in the same boat as us...just fans of their incredible work. It was clear then and it's clear now that SSCs has NO CLUE what HTs plans to do or how they do it.

Finally............

16195087_1291470350891290_418880071636177091_n.jpg

Re: Hot toys C-3PO force awakens version

Well, it's a new image from Sideshow... but yeah, I imagine we'll get a number of these images that were shown at previous shows.

And no interest in the red arm C-3PO. It was fine in the movie; but does nothing for me.

It's always been a no for me on this release. OT 3PO or go home.

Obviously OT trumps all but what I do like about the TFA figure is that it does include a gold arm so that you can actually turn him into the RO version.

Back