1/6 Hot Toys C-3PO (See-Threepio) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all honesty, I would prefer a less chunky original trilogy version. Judging by the pics of the Episode VII figure, I think one way hot toys could improve upon Tamashii by making the plating look more worn. Based on what you said, I would I'd probably go with Tamashii if it wasn't for R2-D2. Do you think he would be a situation like BB-8 where you have to get the two pack? the Tamashii R2 looks like it's never coming out at this point. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

I have R2 paired with C-3PO and it looks fine (apart from the scale, but this is an issue with every pairing). I cleaned up R2 a bit to match C-3PO's shine, but if you have the skills you can do what James did with his:

View attachment 167847View attachment 167848
Ive just customised my c3po because it was too clean to me
i reckon its the best figure out star wars 1/6 scale easy

I'm sure a better 1/6 representation of both is inevitable but for the time being, I really like my SS pair of droids, especially on Coco's custom base.

R2-3PO 1.jpg

Threepio was my last and final Sideshow purchase. And I'm happy with it.

I'll pass on red-arm Chubbio from TFA.

I would like a set of droids that are scaled correctly to each other.

I have R2 paired with C-3PO and it looks fine (apart from the scale, but this is an issue with every pairing). I cleaned up R2 a bit to match C-3PO's shine, but if you have the skills you can do what James did with his:

I do know I definitely want the Hot Toys R2-D2. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not it's exclusive to a two pack like BB-8 was with Rey. I don't have those amazing skills James does, but I actually like the look of the look of the shine as well. The worn plating is just a personal preference. In all honesty, I think both figures look fantastic. I just felt I needed a little more information to help me decide. And while my choice seems a little bit clearer after reading these replies, the one remaining problem for me is that Hot Toys has released very little information on when or how their release will be handled. As of now, I'm thankful for the perspectives provided on what is currently known about both figures.

I still think the Tamashii is the best 3PO out there.
I have mine with SS R2 and that's fine for now- I think SS did a great job on R2 but their 3PO looks very toy like.

I'd only consider swapping my Tamashii 3PO if HT eventually did an OT 3PO and it's better... not for this TFA 3PO though.

I have mine with SS R2 and that's fine for now- I think SS did a great job on R2 but their 3PO looks very toy like.

I'd only consider swapping my Tamashii 3PO if HT eventually did an OT 3PO and it's better... not for this TFA 3PO though.
I'm glad I skipped Brokenthumbpio as well. I'll probably also skip HT Chubbio and wait for their inevitable OT C3PO version.
Interesting. These are the two options I'm leaning towards right now. Either get the Tamashii or see what an OT two pack will bring. In all honesty, I'm surprised Hot Toys is just getting to the Droids now considering they have had the rest of the Episode IV main cast out for a while now.

Pretty sure it had to do with a friendly agreement they had with Sideshow since 3PO is one of their later releases. I had to skip the SS one as well, I just cant get over those hands. I almost broke down and bought him at a convention but with the number of people having issues with the arm pistons I thought the only way it would work is directly from Sideshow just in case. I have $150 in reward points but cant pull the trigger.

Sucks because he is really the last ANH hero figure I need to have the core 7 characters. I really only need Tarkin to have the villains from that film and I will probably quit there. While I used to have dreams of a full Cantina recreation, at current prices I doubt I would go deeper than Greedo and Panda Baba at this point (unless they do a fully furred version of the white spidery big guy).

I am holding out for a HT 3PO but not entirely sure if I would go TFA one. At SDCC they showed him with a golden arm on the stand at his feet so it seems he will have that option as well but really want ANH or ESB version of him.

yah tamashii might be the best Star Wars figure ever made. i got it cheap on amazon a few years ago and it just think it really stands out on the shelf. i cant imagine anyone can top it unless they do a diecast version thats weathered and as accurate as tamashii.

i still want the TFA version though. :)

Pretty sure it had to do with a friendly agreement they had with Sideshow since 3PO is one of their later releases. I had to skip the SS one as well, I just cant get over those hands. I almost broke down and bought him at a convention but with the number of people having issues with the arm pistons I thought the only way it would work is directly from Sideshow just in case. I have $150 in reward points but cant pull the trigger.

Sucks because he is really the last ANH hero figure I need to have the core 7 characters. I really only need Tarkin to have the villains from that film and I will probably quit there. While I used to have dreams of a full Cantina recreation, at current prices I doubt I would go deeper than Greedo and Panda Baba at this point (unless they do a fully furred version of the white spidery big guy).

I am holding out for a HT 3PO but not entirely sure if I would go TFA one. At SDCC they showed him with a golden arm on the stand at his feet so it seems he will have that option as well but really want ANH or ESB version of him.
Do you know any more details on this Hot Ty's/Sideshow agreement? I'm very curious about the specifics of it. I'm in a very similar place as you are as far as 3PO and R2 figures go so I feel your pain.

I have the Tama and the SSC - I love the Tama head, but I think the SSC body captures 3PO a bit better. I love handling the SSC one - it poses and stands really well. I'm a little terrified of messing with the Tama too much, and I'm always afraid it could fall. I feel the HT TFA 3PO is just too far from an OT 3PO for my liking. If they do an OT 3PO (which is likely) I'll grab that too.

This is an older pic I posted of my SSC - goldenrod and coppertop:

3po17_zpshgan82zz.png

Yeah, other than the finger debacle the SS really is pretty good. A HT ANH C3PO will get serious consideration depending how it turns out but I'm happy for now.

Would like to see HT 3PO and R2 go up for pre-order. They have so many characters shown that need pre-order still.

Back