Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does appear different. Could be a stand-in but it’d be easy for them to release another R2 with the drink tray and Luke’s lightsaber this time.

Would take up a ROTJ 40th slot but it’s OT and the AOTC version was shorted so I don’t think people will mind.

View attachment 632075
this likely would be next in line to be announced no ****.

It looks like a toned down AOTC version. Some of the weathering spots look the same, just not as heavy.

What is with he new round stands HT is starting to make? Are these the ones that will be made from now on? I really liked the old plain and simple black stands HT had many years ago.

I like displaying figures together, as though they're standing together. Anything like a pedestal/podium prevents that when most other stands are closer to the level of the shelf. They're a pet hate of mine.

The old oval stands are still my favourite. Hot Toy's rectangular ones are okay because they can sit right next to each other.

I’m glad I didn’t preorder the AOTC version now, this announcement will surely affect sales of that.

I’m glad I didn’t preorder the AOTC version now, this announcement will surely affect sales of that.

Probably not. The AOTC had a limited production run and isn’t widely available anymore already.

They’re also very different. I’d bet many that really wanted Threepio were probably holding out for a more iconic golden version like this. You’d have to actually want the AOTC look to have ordered that figure.

I'm happy with my old Sideshow C3PO. He does the job standing there with one of my 3 R2D2's. So I'm full with droids, but happy for those who can pick up a C3PO now.

Denial - “I'm full with droids” <- I see we’re here. :lol

Anger - “Why does the Hot Toys look so good.”

Bargaining - “Maybe I’ll wait till in hand reviews.”

Depression - “Looks like I might have to get it…”

Acceptance - *Order Placed*

This new 3PO along with the ROTJ Vader have pulled me back into the SW universe☺️

thankthemaker.gif

R.gif

Back