Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly more excited for 3PO over the Vader. I’ve wanted to replace the Sideshow version for ages and this will do nicely.

I somewhat agree that I wish it was a OT encompassing release versus just ROTJ but it’s still cool. Also it’s nice to get Salacious Crumb and the pulled out eye.

Also call me crazy but I actually think the AOTC version is still worthy in its own way. I like how different it looks.

100% getting this, this is the C3PO I have been waiting for. Question is do I cancel the AOTC version? hmmmmm

100% getting this, this is the C3PO I have been waiting for. Question is do I cancel the AOTC version? hmmmmm
Personally I still like the AOTC version too. It’s different enough where both are worthwhile if you’re a fan of the character.

Personally I still like the AOTC version too. It’s different enough where both are worthwhile if you’re a fan of the character.
I think the AOTC looks stellar, just not a fan of the film so I could never. But it's a more interesting design in many ways.

I think the AOTC looks stellar, just not a fan of the film so I could never. But it's a more interesting design in many ways.
I don’t love the film either, but it has a lot of cool character designs. I’m more in on figures from that film than I ever expected to be. :lol

Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Padme. Probably will get Anakin. Still wish I had gotten the Dooku and Yoda too.

Finally! though I wish it wasn’t just specific to ROTJ. Would’ve like the missing arm feature as well as a restraining bolt and comlink from ANH. Really like the unique display base though
Since it's "diecast" you would think they could easily toss in a magnetic restraining bolt (assuming the metal has some amount of iron/nickel/cobalt in it of course)

I don’t love the film either, but it has a lot of cool character designs. I’m more in on figures from that film than I ever expected to be. :lol

Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Padme. Probably will get Anakin. Still wish I had gotten the Dooku and Yoda too.
Yeah, I've always said the design work on those films was excellent, for the most part.

Dang. At this point I guess this is in line with other figures HT releases, but this doesn't feel like it should be more than $250. I'll still pay, because I need it, but getting harder and harder for me to justify buying any of these. My collection is probably near being completed, in part because of the inflationary costs.
Agreed - I mean, you'll spend 300-400 on an Ironman or Spiderman because they come with amazing HSs - this piece doesn't warrant a price tag over 285 (even with the diecast)

I do like the weathering on him though! Always liked the Tatooine desert look. When HT does eventually release an ANH 3PO watch it be the extra shiny cleaned-up Yavin ceremony version.

Last edited:
Back