Hot Toys C-3PO (ROTJ)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to finally have an OT C-3PO. Although I’d prefer an ANH version. This one I’m on the fence with. Do I keep my Sideshow ANH 3PO and wait for a proper HT ANH one or do I upgrade now with this one???

Crumb is a great accessory for this release BUT it also screams JABBA to me.
I'm still assuming a reissue of Fett too.

Hopefully not a straight reissue if ROTJ Fett happens; should be a brand new version. Not that the original is a bad figure but it’s just been a very long time.

I could see them making Jabba if they’re able to produce a better looking one at a lower price point than Sideshow’s. Since theirs doesn’t exactly sell like hotcakes. More like… huttcakes.

Okay really sorry for that one.

Might be viable as a plastic or vinyl piece instead of polystone I suppose.

Hey guys, how many of you have a similar situation?
2 broke girls GIF
I've just given the wife a tour of the current collection...

labyrinth-junklady.gif

Nice to finally have an OT C-3PO. Although I’d prefer an ANH version. This one I’m on the fence with. Do I keep my Sideshow ANH 3PO and wait for a proper HT ANH one or do I upgrade now with this one???
What's the difference?

Ive gotten so used to always visualizing 3PO with the jumbled mess of wires on his abdomen that the uniform look of ROTJ actually distracts me.

I’m down for two - need 3-P0’s and R2’s sprinkled around my OT collection - to me, they ARE Star Wars 😊
Same. I need at least 2, because who knows when the next C3 will get released. I’m guessing this can stand in for any movie until the eventual die cast anh version comes out for the 50th.

This does look good, but i already have my Tamashii Nations version. If it had interchangeable hips to allow a sitting pose, i would definitely bite.

I appreciate the inclusion of Salacious, that makes this more tempting.

You think they might ever do an EP1 version? Seems difficult but that would be cool.

Finally, an OT 3-PO!! :panic:

Although like others, I wish it was the ANH version. But since I have the SS 3-PO I think I'll be PO'ing this guy (along with ROTJ Vader). This is NOT a figure I will miss out on. I can always trade up later (sell this guy) or ditch my SS ANH version when HT releases theirs...

I like this stand too, but it still bothers me not having a proper R2 stand. I have lots of HT SW stands I have bought parted out, so plenty of options for me to have them on matching stands. I currently have my SS 3-PO and HT ANH R2 on the original grated HT SW stands.

I have concerns with this new base. I like it but will it make the height (Darth Vader) of figures difficult to fit into Detolf style displays? I know most would like ANH 3PO, however I might be of the opinion if I want the mosh bang for my buck AOTC’s and all it’s weathering / colours may prove to be the mosh interesting C-3PO piece in our collection. Would be interested to see Boussh or Lando in disguise.

Nice to finally have an OT C-3PO. Although I’d prefer an ANH version.

Finally, an OT 3-PO!! :panic:

Although like others, I wish it was the ANH version. B
I share your thoughts. Very, very happy to have an OT 3PO, would prefer New Hope, but will take it. The last Hot Toys holdout from my Star Wars collection!

Is his right leg correct? I was under the impression ROTJ Threepio had a different layout of the silver parts, though it's always hard to tell from stills. I know the last time Hasbro made a Jedi version, the knee and foot were both gold, with just the shin section in silver.

Is his right leg correct? I was under the impression ROTJ Threepio had a different layout of the silver parts, though it's always hard to tell from stills. I know the last time Hasbro made a Jedi version, the knee and foot were both gold, with just the shin section in silver.
I don't think it is, I think he should at least have a gold foot. Personally I'm not bothered. The closer to ANH the better.

Back