1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I literally didn't even notice till I saw the post here. I went upstairs shined a light and just shrugged. It's very minor. I had to turn the lights off in the room and turn the flash on just to make it noticeable. That says it all right there. I was kidding about needing a reason to get the JL superman. I'm getting it for the fact that the suit is brighter and the fact that he'll have a new head sculpt.

Can gladly say my Supes does not have the discoloration issue. It just suffers from a crappy fabric cut on top of the collar.
DSC01865.jpg

I personally see it right above the middle of the S on the fabric through the link design on the suit, but it's extremely faint, as most are. Some go all the way around the collar, but for most it's just confined to the area in between the top of the S and the collar, in between the two diagonal seams.

In addition to it being faint to begin with, what also helps obfuscate it though is that the link weave pattern on top of the actual suit fabric isn't affected, just the fabric in between the links. The link weave pattern part stays blue, so it helps preserve the blue color of the suit.

Amazing pic indeed. The only thing it's missing is Armored Batman, as the color filter of the photo is nearly identical to how it was in the film when the two fought.

Hi guys. Just wanna share my Superman. Definitely one of my favorite figure. However the suit above the collar is starting to yellow. Might have to repaint it later. Custom capes all by me.

SUPERMAN BVS (1771) ed1A SR.jpg

SUPERMAN BVS (1776) ED1A SR.jpg

SUPERMAN BVS (1802) ED1A SR.jpg

SUPERMAN BVS (1782) ed1b SR.jpg

how easy is it to detach the cape from Superman and attach the new one? I'd love to try a wired cape with my Superman sometime but at the same time I want to be able to sell it when the JL Supes is close to release.

Hi guys. Just wanna share my Superman. Definitely one of my favorite figure. However the suit above the collar is starting to yellow. Might have to repaint it later. Custom capes all by me.

View attachment 360686

View attachment 360687

View attachment 360688

View attachment 360689
Great work! love how the pleats look! Are you selling this cape UnrealToys?
how easy is it to detach the cape from Superman and attach the new one? I'd love to try a wired cape with my Superman sometime but at the same time I want to be able to sell it when the JL Supes is close to release.

Fairly easy but you do have to pull quite hard as there are clips attached to the ends of cape that go through slots in the actual chest. Custom capes fit just fine with friction though.

Great work! love how the pleats look! Are you selling this cape UnrealToys?

Fairly easy but you do have to pull quite hard as there are clips attached to the ends of cape that go through slots in the actual chest. Custom capes fit just fine with friction though.

Can you keep the cape clips undamaged? Mine can't be re-used.

Look great! Forgive my ignorance but what is the problem with the stock Superman cape that your custom address?

The original cape is good, but a bit too thick and the pleats are not accurate. Mine was terrible so I had to make my own.

I really like that unrealtoys Supes cape as well. The material makes it look accurate to the actual BvS cape.

Thanks @SilverStar17

Can you keep the cape clips undamaged? Mine can't be re-used.

Yes @tlwtw, the cape can be removed without damage the clips.

The original cape is good, but a bit too thick and the pleats are not accurate. Mine was terrible so I had to make my own.

Thanks @SilverStar17

Yes @tlwtw, the cape can be removed without damage the clips.

Thanks for your confirmation, I knew it could be done with caution.
I was misinformed and got the clips destroyed.

The stock cape is nicely-done, but it is double-layer and thus a bit too heavy to my liking.

The fabric you choose for this bvs superman cape is quite movie accurate, let us know if you decide to take pre-orders.
I have the Jaxon cape, but I love to explore my options.

View attachment 360686

View attachment 360687

View attachment 360688

View attachment 360689

Definitely would be interested in buying a cape too, just like the others expressing interest. I do hope you decide to make more of these. Both Bats and Supes need cape upgrades.

Definitely would be interested in buying a cape too, just like the others expressing interest. I do hope you decide to make more of these. Both Bats and Supes need cape upgrades.

The fabric you choose for this bvs superman cape is quite movie accurate, let us know if you decide to take pre-orders.
I have the Jaxon cape, but I love to explore my options.

:yess: ^_^

Here's another look of the cape. Took a bit of time to shoot them.

SUPERMAN BVS (1788) ed1d.jpg

SUPERMAN BVS (1791) ed1d SR.jpg

SUPERMAN BVS (1848) ed1c SSR.jpg

SUPERMAN BVS (1804) ed1c SSR.jpg

SUPERMAN BVS (1796) ed1a.jpg

Back