Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely the ultimate Begins Batman figure, and the Bale sculpt is awesome. It has still managed to convince me that I have no need to spend another $240 on this character. It's not worth the money for me. It's also made me realize that I like my Takara a lot more than I thought. I think it's proportioned better. Screen accurate weight and bulk, maybe not, but I think the head on each of the Hot Toys versions from the first movie is too big for the body. I've never liked the shape of the Hot Toys heads either. That's why the only one I've bought from either movie is the Demon. The details dominate visual attention on that one; shape is an afterthought.

Cancelled. I'm gonna to go buy some statues.

I'm sorry but that BB 2011 figure is horrible. That suit fit is atrocious, arms...ughhh, the cowl sculpt is not even color correct with the suit! I'm out, Cancelled my order this morning. Bring on 89' Bats

In my opinion, pictures like these are the most telling. A great looking figure would look great under even the harshest conditions. A mediocre figure needs shadow and very carefully-chosen angles to make it look good.

Pictures are supposed to represent the subject as accurately as possible, unless you're going for some sort of artsy effect. Bad pictures can have a negative effect on that accuracy as easily as good, staged ones can. That's why thread after thread people complain about folks getting worked up over a few photos. This is the first I've seen people rage about this over this figure, and we've had other photos and videos that reveal everything we see here. For some reason, this set of high light photos have emphasized that to the point where people are noticing. I'm not going to try to keep people from canceling, but I'd ask myself if it's an impulse reaction. The guy that took the pictures even likes this figure.

Not sure how people can cancel this based on a few pictures. See it for yourself before passing the final judgment. I've heard nothing but good things from people who have it in hand. Even the guy who ripped his apart and didn't seem to notice :slap

I passed up the original because it was slightly more expensive than the V1 TDK Batman in spring of '09. Regretted it ever since. Not gonna make the same mistake again!

Thing is I've seen enough pics confirming over and over that the rubber suit finish is not up to the quality of the original - I've been saying this from the start and was hoping it was just some issue with the very first pics

But it's been reinforced here again and is blindingly obvious in the side by side comparison

If you don't have the original, sure, buy it!

But if you have one, just waiting to have the new one in hand to realize that you've made a mistake is... a mistake!

$ 22O is a huge price! You don't get to spend it lightly!

Not sure how people can cancel this based on a few pictures. See it for yourself before passing the final judgment. I've heard nothing but good things from people who have it in hand. Even the guy who ripped his apart and didn't seem to notice :slap

I passed up the original because it was slightly more expensive than the V1 TDK Batman in spring of '09. Regretted it ever since. Not gonna make the same mistake again!

I'm glad I'm not itching to get the new one because I was just admiring the OC one that I've had since 2008. All look great, but based on the pictures in the beginning of this thread, I really don't like the finish of the new one.

I have to say, for those cancelling orders because they ordered multiples I can see why, and at least it frees up more for the wait list. But I seriously think that most that just have one on order will seriously regret it if they let it go. As I said already, of the two I think this new one is by far the strongest!

New ones are going for 400-450ish and will go up in a few months. Once TDKR is released these will be hard to find at a decent price IMO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1...909?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bca29855

I have to say, for those cancelling orders because they ordered multiples I can see why, and at least it frees up more for the wait list. But I seriously think that most that just have one on order will seriously regret it if they let it go. As I said already, of the two I think this new one is by far the strongest!

Best to listen to someone who actually has one in hand and actually knows what they are talking about. :lecture :D

Wookster, did you just do the pics or did you write the review too? Sorry if I missed you mentioning this already.

Only for humanity.

Seriously, there is now a new Kübler-Ross Five Stages for Batweenies when it comes to Hot Toys releases. Here it is in emoticon:

1. Product Announced: :yess: :hi5:

2. Time Between Announcement & Pre-Order: :tap :panic:

3. Time Between Pre-Order & Shipment: :gah:

4. Early Images From Different People Under Variable Lighting Conditions: :horror :panic:

5. Acceptance: :monkey2 and/or :yess:

This used to be the way of things in the SW forum back when the Sideshow 12" line was all the rage. But the HT TDK stuff takes the proverbial cake. Wow.

Wookster, did you just do the pics or did you write the review too? Sorry if I missed you mentioning this already.

Well I wish I could afford to use a professional photographer, but for my sins I do it all myself. And I'm no photographer.

Well I wish I could afford to use a professional photographer, but for my sins I do it all myself. And I'm no photographer.

:lol I wasn't trying to bait you, just curious. I think you did fine. People are seeing stuff in the figure they don't like I guess. Me and Irish will still enjoy it. I thought your review was good too. :dunno

Just cos something is rare doesnt mean its good.

Dont get me wrong, it is good and I was really psyched for this from the amazing preview pics but with the concerns over the rubber costume and limited posing, shelf-life and the lesser appearance of the material compared to the original, it is not worth the overblown pricing.

Only for humanity.

Seriously, there is now a new Kübler-Ross Five Stages for Batweenies when it comes to Hot Toys releases. Here it is in emoticon:

1. Product Announced: :yess:

2. Time Between Announcement & Pre-Order: :tap

3. Time Between Pre-Order & Shipment: :gah:

4. Early Images From Different People Under Variable Lighting Conditions: :horror :panic:

5. Acceptance: :monkey2 and/or :yess:

This used to be the way of things in the SW forum back when the Sideshow 12" line was all the rage. But the HT TDK stuff takes the proverbial cake. Wow.

Beg to differ. I don't see anything different in the douchery of OCD _____ing about screen accurate socks and the incessant OCD _____ing about Stormtrooper teeth and Indy's jacket's zipper teeth. :monkey1 :lol

Well this is your last chance people. Don't beg for this ____ again. I'm going to tell every single person that says they somehow missed this figure to ____ off!

Back