Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fell victim and bought one... sigh

I really need to start selling stuff now to pay for all these...

Yes, is always better to wait for a better project.

8jqx.jpg

The MRM Batman Begins is pretty bad:

- Ears too fat and short
- Wrong eyebrows shape
- Extremely fat neck
- wrong mouth piece, too square or something. Plus Bale on the Batman Begins suit wasn't all the time with the breathing open mouth as he was in TDKR.
- Wrong nose

I'm not sure why people always fall in love with his projects. Some are goods, others like this one, not so much.

I'm waiting for the Creg Customs Batman Begins, that one will be accurate. Plus he takes criticism, unlike MRM.

8jqx.jpg

- Ears too fat and short
- Wrong eyebrows shape
- Extremely fat neck
- wrong mouth piece, too square or something. Plus Bale on the Batman Begins suit wasn't all the time with the breathing open mouth as he was in TDKR.
- Wrong nose

I'm not sure why people always fall in love with his projects. Some are goods, others like this one, not so much.

I'm waiting for the Creg Customs Batman Begins, that one will be accurate. Plus he takes criticism, unlike MRM.

Haha, it was just a good deal compared to what it's been going for nowadays. If anything, I guess I can always sell it and make back more than what I paid... but all your guys' pics on here really sucked me into buying one for my own.:gah:

8jqx.jpg

- Ears too fat and short
- Wrong eyebrows shape
- Extremely fat neck
- Wrong nose

Yes, you may use my picture without asking...

For once I agree wit Tyranus :slap, the MRM cowl doesn'tlook good, the HT cowl still is much better.
Let's wait and see how Creg's sculpt pans out.

Mine just came in. I wanted to ask any owners out there, when yours first came in, did the suit feel loose, like detached from the body like there was a good amount of space between the body underneath? And 2nd, does your left ankle (the figure's right ankle) feel loose as if it's detached from the peg/joint?

Mine just came in. I wanted to ask any owners out there, when yours first came in, did the suit feel loose, like detached from the body like there was a good amount of space between the body underneath? And 2nd, does your left ankle (the figure's right ankle) feel loose as if it's detached from the peg/joint?

yes and yes. Both things are "normal" on this figure.

I was considering getting this for my tumbler display, but the more I read about it the more it sounds like a real piece of crap.

Gonna save my cash and steer well clear of this.

It's broken?? I can't snap them back together?

A lot of the Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins figures when they first came out had a problem with the socket in the foot (down in the boot) breaking and no longer being able to hold the foot peg. Sideshow replaced so many that they finally said (if I remember right) they couldn't anymore.

If yours is broken part of the socket will even fall out if you turn the boot over. There are a couple of different way to fix them. My problem wasn't the right foot; it was the left. I had an extra body with boots, gauntlets and hands to be able to have both Bruce and Batman so I traded the broken foot so that my boxed figure would be mint again and then I did a repair on the broken one. I think it worked out great.

You'll just have to see if it's loose, about to break or already broken, and do a repair. They're just not that many on EBay if it is.

It's broken?? I can't snap them back together?

Nope. The plastic socket has literally crumbled and disintegrated.

You can pay a hundred bucks for a similar boot on Ebay (from a different Batman figure). Or you can invest in some tools and replace the socket inside the boot yourself.

You'll need a dremel, an exacto knife, some superglue, and a Hot Toys foot. All that together should cost less than a hundred bucks, but it will take some time (an hour the first time) and courage to perform the repair yourself. On the plus side, you'll have a nice set of tools for the next modification/repair job that comes your way.

Is there a way to tell? Like is it risky to remove the boot? Really wanted the figure since they might not make a new one, but it's still in plastic wraps (arms, boots, belt, etc) and looks generally new so I could return it I think, but I would much rather keep it if it isn't broken. I just know his left foot feels pretty secure but the right feels like it is disconnected from the rest of the body.

I tried pushing the leg peg a little harder into the boot and it's actually more secure now, still feels loose but it can stand on it's own and I do feel some resistance, albeit a little less than the other foot.

Do you think HT will be making a new Batman Begins figure?

Nope. The plastic socket has literally crumbled and disintegrated.

You can pay a hundred bucks for a similar boot on Ebay (from a different Batman figure). Or you can invest in some tools and replace the socket inside the boot yourself.

You'll need a dremel, an exacto knife, some superglue, and a Hot Toys foot. All that together should cost less than a hundred bucks, but it will take some time (an hour the first time) and courage to perform the repair yourself. On the plus side, you'll have a nice set of tools for the next modification/repair job that comes your way.

I've found that all that you need to do is break out the round tube that's in the TT foot, rolls the rubber boot down to the black Batman foot, Drimel out a space big enough and deep enough (measure how high the foot peg is in the boot from the ground up to know this before starting), and after this, super glue the round tube (that actually hold the peg) into the space real good, then roll the boot back up. A 10 to 15 minute job tops; faster if you have some super glue accelerator. Put the peg back into Batman leg and then slide the leg back in and pop it in. I did it that way and my second figures just fine.

Buying other Batman boots off line can be risky, unless it's a BW/BB boot, some people have saw chemical reactions between two different types of rubber (the boot and the rubber leg) that have caused both rubber pieces to start to break down.

Back