Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreee
......:hi5:

all we need is batman returns and arkham city

wasnt he announced along time ago?
Batman-Arkham-City-Hot-Toys-Preview-2_1330439342.jpg

This figure kind of pisses me off. After two years of just standing in one place in my detolf, the ankles broke on both legs and the damage seems to be unrepairable.

At least I have the 2008 version that is holding up pretty well, but it's pretty annoying to have this figure end up like this. It wasn't cheap, either.

Yeah I have the 2008 version too. Was my first ever figure and has held up all these years. Weird that figures released after have had so many problems, yet I've had this for about 5 years and its had no problems.

This figure in particular had defective ankles. Pretty much ALL of them, straight from the box - though it wasn't readily apparent to people if they handled them gently enough.

That's why much older (and newer) figures seemed to have lasted better - because the issue with the ankles was specifically localized to this figure. It's not a wear-and-tear issue.

I think they used an especially cheap batch of plastic in their molds for this guy or something.

There were ankle issues on the previous Begins suit also... maybe not as widespread.

Goemon figure's ankles are exactly the same, this cheap clear plastic that shatters.

MRM replaced his with DX12 boots and lined the inside with tape and he hasn't had any melting issues. I was thinking about buying him some new boots but Im so tired of spending money on these things it's not even funny...

Both knees on my 2008 OC Batman broke from doing nothing but....stand on his stand.

Mine has held up really well, thankfully. Hellboy's ankles are another story. Those broke from absolutely nothing and just standing on the base. I think these colored plastics are especially weak for some reason.

Anyone got a link to fix the boot feet on this figure? Both my boots are toasted with the socket inside. Thanks

Last easy thing I heard was cutting along the line on the bottom (soul of the boot) and pulling the broken foot out, cutting a TT foot to shape, putting it in and super gluing the soul of the boot back onto the bottom of the boot, then plugging it back up.

Rolling the boot down to the foot to pull it out was stretching the boot and causing it to be deformed.

Sold that beoch when this new one came out. :lol

$390 with broken knees.

Batman Fans. :lol

Damn! Nice score. Almost four hundred bucks for a broken figure. :lol

Last easy thing I heard was cutting along the line on the bottom (soul of the boot) and pulling the broken foot out, cutting a TT foot to shape, putting it in and super gluing the soul of the boot back onto the bottom of the boot, then plugging it back up.

Rolling the boot down to the foot to pull it out was stretching the boot and causing it to be deformed.

Wish I would have thought of that before I deformed my boot. :lol

Back