Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maglor,

How much to fly you into New Jersey, futz with my figure, and fly you home?

New Jersey?

One Million Dollars.

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

I am seriously considering buying another batsuit head and making a mod. Just can't tolerate the giraffe neck. It will require cutting, sanding gluing and repainting. Made a preview in Photoshop. Worth doing it?

batmanhead.jpg

batmanhead2.jpg

I've been waiting to bring this up again, but I fully agree that the neck is too long. I have since the first pics came out. Same is true of the original OC. And a lot of guys modified the original OC to have a shorter neck... It looks miles better. I'm not sure about all the finer details, but basically they shortened the internal neck and then cut off the bottom edge of the cowl so that it wouldn't sit too far down on the chest. I think that's basically what they did. Perhaps someone can enlighten us. Void? Thrustmaster?

Part of the reason people are liking my pose is that I have the head bowed as far as I could possibly bow it without the head popping off. This gives the illusion that the neck is shorter. But from the side you can still see that the neck is unnaturally long.

I do also want to mention that I think the above manip was over done. To long on the left. Too short on the right.

Does anyone have a pic of their bat from this angle:

batman.jpg

This above pic is good base line because it's the longest the cowl can look.

batman.jpg
Wooksbat.jpg

From a lower angle, the figures neck will look even longer than this. Granted there may be some lens distortion in Wook's pic.

We need a better comparison shot.

Took a swing at glossing the gauntlets, and I sucked at it. I'm no painter, so it came out all gloppy and streaky from the brush. So Im gonna try my old friend spray paint. :lol
Wish me luck.

Took a swing at glossing the gauntlets, and I sucked at it. I'm no painter, so it came out all gloppy and streaky from the brush. So Im gonna try my old friend spray paint. :lol
Wish me luck.

Brush? No, no, no. Testor spray gloss kote, light coats.

I feel bad for all the people who bought this and its their first Hot Toy. Ive been seeing a lot of posts of people saying it is. Of all figures right? The one with all the QC issues, thats a _____.

I received this fig. last week, after a few days of reading the dreaded 'damage' reports. Upon initial inspection I only noticed the indented right abdominal region. Quickly put the fig. away.

Had a few beers tonight and had a second look.

Removed the belt and harness without any fuss.

Removed the 'protective' wraps without any fuss and no hidden issues.

No loose/broken beets, no damaged forearms, and no dents, scratches or blemishes on the Bale or Bat HS.

I think I dodged a bullet.

My wife looked at the Bale HS and proclaimed 'damn that is really nice and spot-on.'

Ok I need a quick answer to the following question: Will My card be immediately charged for a pre order item? Or will it be charged when the item is in stock?

Ok I need a quick answer to the following question: Will My card be immediately charged for a pre order item? Or will it be charged when the item is in stock?
They tell you when they charge your card. It's not charged until its just about to ship out,.

this hobby is getting expensive. So only one or two guys are getting replacement boots so far?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

What's the policy of Sideshow about the shiny forehead (i got 2 little shinny stains) and damaged gauntlet (i got a crease/dent on the right gautlet) for foreign buyers?

Apart from that it's a beautiful piece ^^

Back