Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
received today... one foot with the part where the joint inserts broken.... anyone can help me? i've read it is a problem known... i've emaild sideshow asking for a left foot replace but could sideshow for you replace single parts? Anyone had in the past similar problems with sideshow?

please help me thanks

to be honest, i think this figure is a piece of crap.. compared to the 08 ver.... i hate the body, mine had a dent on the tummy.. no broken ankle but it feels alittle loose... hate the cape... only salvageable aspects are the two new headsculpts..

HT is going down the drain with their QC... I haven't got mine in hand yet but I already know I agree with you. I'd pick up another OC over this anytime if I could get one at a decent price.

Just got mine from SS yesterday, haven't taken it out of the box, don't think I'm going too either. My excitement for this figure has really dwindled since reading all these posts.

HT is going down the drain with their QC... I haven't got mine in hand yet but I already know I agree with you. I'd pick up another OC over this anytime if I could get one at a decent price.

Yeah it think they are feeling the pressure and are comprimising the finished quality in order to get these pieces out. They are cutting corners which is never good.

Mine has just had its customs clearance at Stansted so should be here soon !!!

Yeah it think they are feeling the pressure and are comprimising the finished quality in order to get these pieces out. They are cutting corners which is never good.

Mine has just had its customs clearance at Stansted so should be here soon !!!

They should just take the stance these figures will be ready when they're ready, and they meet a certain quality bar. I've seen companies do this with products and it works very well for them, and the customers don't complain because they know they're getting something well built. People don't like delays, but if they understand it means a better product for them, they are very forgiving.

They should just take the stance these figures will be ready when they're ready, and they meet a certain quality bar. I've seen companies do this with products and it works very well for them, and the customers don't complain because they know they're getting something well built. People don't like delays, but if they understand it means a better product for them, they are very forgiving.

amen to that , i would much rather wait for a product that i know is going to be top notch than being worried as more and more are found to be defective.

Blitzway did something similiar with Tony Montana as it was there first product they wanted to get it right and it seems to have worked really well.

Think i know why the QC have been working part time anyway have you seen that Indy sculpt lol DX ???? yeah right !!!!

I don't think the sculpt is as bad as you're making out, Raymond. I've seen the pics. It's one of the best sculpts I've seen Hot Toys make. I hate the idea of getting mine with a shiny rub on his head though! And all the things with the suit scare me. I notice that while a lot of us are having issues, there seem to be a number who aren't having issues. I can only hope when I get this today I am one without many issues. I'd gladly take the broken boot over the shiny head or dented abs. I can fix that if SSC can't help me... I don't own the OC. I've wanted it ever since I got into this line of figures and have regretted not getting one since. This was price efficient. I'm not sure if I can sell it off with all its issues because I'll be out a version of this character completely.

After Bane and Catwoman, I'm done collecting these high end collectibles. Too much money and too many issues!

Mine arrived in pretty good shape, no broken ankles but there is a small dent on the left leg where the harness was too tight against the rubber, barely noticeable but my keen eye caught it, not gonna make a big deal outta of it but i think they could have used a better quality rubber for the price we paid, heres how mine turned out with quite alot of futzing to get the cape right.

2h83cyf.jpg

1. Cape is a piece of ____assgarbage - ordered the velvet one from Lforigno (mispelled) off ebay for $30. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED

2. His right ab was slightly dented.. fixed it though.

3. His crotch area was weird.. fixed it.

4. His belt wouldnt stay on by the grapling holder piece.. fixed it with superglue. Can take belt on and off with ease.

5. Left kneecap came off... fixed it with superglue.

He is now perfect minus the craptastic cape. The ankles are not as tight as I wish they were, but they are normal compared to my other figures. (I don't like to use the stands under the crotch so i don't)

Hi guys, just a question to those who ordered with pack-out shipping. Is the HT brown shipper still factory sealed by HT (just one tape over the HT brown shipper)? Or was it already opened and there is another tape over the original factory tape on your HT brown shipper box? Thanks.

Mine arrived in pretty good shape, no broken ankles but there is a small dent on the left leg where the harness was too tight against the rubber, barely noticeable but my keen eye caught it, not gonna make a big deal outta of it but i think they could have used a better quality rubber for the price we paid, heres how mine turned out with quite alot of futzing to get the cape right.

2h83cyf.jpg

ur batman right keen pad is off center.

Hi guys, just a question to those who ordered with pack-out shipping. Is the HT brown shipper still factory sealed by HT (just one tape over the HT brown shipper)? Or was it already opened and there is another tape over the original factory tape on your HT brown shipper box? Thanks.

Yes its factory sealed. The top is always stretched out in the opening though. Either cheap tape and or packing is too tight.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

ur batman right keen pad is off center.

damn, didnt catch that, is there anyway to centre it? tried to move it but it pretty set as is, doesnt really bother me that much tho

How many capes does lforgino have left?

God damn it, I want to change mine too. Stock cape is OK but it folds weird. The I like the pic shown with it on earlier.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Anyone with this figure should have an Lforigno (or other) custom cape.

Not even anything to talk about :lecture

HT is wholly incompetent in making any Nolan Batman capes. It's pathetic

Only complaint I have with this figure is that they used the naff"Sideshow Exclusive" sticker instead of the much nicer Hot Toys red/gold version.

But other than that I absolutely love it!!

Back