Hot Toys- Bio Hazard 5 Chris Redfield (S.T.A.R.S. ver) spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't quite understand the weathering in the crotch though. Its clearly yellow there. I'd expect that on Brad Vickers, but not Chris :lol

And here is a comparison of Chris on the body he comes with and one on the Wolverine body together. I know there have been some shots of Chris on the Wolverine body, but I don't know if there has ever been a shot of the two together.

dsc01673a.jpg

And just because I know you guys want it, sexy Chris :lol

dsc01674.jpg

Sorry, I don't know why those pics came out so crappy. :confused:

If you guys want better pics just let me know. Otherwise I won't bother.

I'm surprised at how similar the two look. Obviously, they are different, but not so different as I had expected. I'm glad you took that pic, Buttmunch, because I was planning on getting one on a Wolvie body, but now I may not even bother. The biggest difference to me is the looseness of the shirt around his neck.

Does anyone have a better pic of Chris on a regular, big-shouldered TrueType? I noticed the one from OSW, but I think he could look a bit less awkward with some futzing, and wonder if this is actually the case.

Yeah, the Dutch is just slightly taller, but other than that, not too much difference in size. The arms are a bit bigger on the Dutch body, but I much prefer the jointed elbows anyway.

Its not a wide shoulder TT, but its the Wesker that I'm using on Brad and Joseph here (Barry is a Comedian body although I might swap Chris to it and Barry to the Wolverine body as Barry strikes me as being a hairier guy than Chris):

dsc01637.jpg

And a STARS group shot:

dsc01636lt.jpg

The sleeves are a bit loose on the Wesker body for the Chris shirt, but the vest covers up any of the shirt being too big anywhere else. But its not horrible. Funny how usless Wesker's outfit is for making the rest of the team though. I guess being the Captain gets you unique gear :lol

Thanks. That Wesker body doesn't look too bad with Chris's gear, though the main problem I noticed with the pic from OSW was that the vest came up too high up Chris's neck. . .I'll keep an eye out to see if you get any pics with a head on there at some point. Actually, I'm curious to see which head you use for Barry, too. I would be interested in doing a custom of my own if you can find something that works.

The main difference between Wesker and the regular TrueType is just the more sculpted forearms and biceps, right?

Yeah, the Dutch is just slightly taller, but other than that, not too much difference in size. The arms are a bit bigger on the Dutch body, but I much prefer the jointed elbows anyway.

Its not a wide shoulder TT, but its the Wesker that I'm using on Brad and Joseph here (Barry is a Comedian body although I might swap Chris to it and Barry to the Wolverine body as Barry strikes me as being a hairier guy than Chris):

dsc01637.jpg

And a STARS group shot:

dsc01636lt.jpg

The sleeves are a bit loose on the Wesker body for the Chris shirt, but the vest covers up any of the shirt being too big anywhere else. But its not horrible. Funny how usless Wesker's outfit is for making the rest of the team though. I guess being the Captain gets you unique gear :lol

Well Wesker just wouldn't look Weskerish in white and OD Green.

Thanks. That Wesker body doesn't look too bad with Chris's gear, though the main problem I noticed with the pic from OSW was that the vest came up too high up Chris's neck. . .I'll keep an eye out to see if you get any pics with a head on there at some point. Actually, I'm curious to see which head you use for Barry, too. I would be interested in doing a custom of my own if you can find something that works.

The main difference between Wesker and the regular TrueType is just the more sculpted forearms and biceps, right?

I'm going to have a Ray Stevenson Punisher head altered to look even more like the revised graphics look of Barry. It will be after comic con, but I've already discussed it with the sculptor and casting will be an option if there is enough interest for it.

And yeah, biggest difference is the sculpted arms. The new "advanced" TT body coming out is the Wesker body (the Lincoln and Obama).

Cant wait to see them finished, they look awesome so far.
How did you manage to dye or colot the vests? They look perfect.

Fabric paint actually. The red and blue took perfectly. But Brad's yellow is still giving me problems. Yellow is just such a weak color and its not doing a good job covering the green. So I just keep getting a lighter and lighter green. But I'm working on it. Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to spray a bunch of blood on his vest ala RE3 to help hide the color a bit.

What about making Brad's armor more of a tan color? Actually if I remember correctly the picture of all the STARS members in the STARS office, Brad's vest looke more tanish in color.

That might be more doable And its even possible if I can get it tan, I might be able to get it to yellow then if it is light enough of a tan.

That might be more doable And its even possible if I can get it tan, I might be able to get it to yellow then if it is light enough of a tan.

Let us know how it works out. Personally I think a tan colored vest would look more practical and tactical than the school bus yellow.

Heres a pic you posted and as you can see, in the last pic, his vest looks more of a tan kahki color.
BradVickers-1.jpg

Yeah, it does look a bit tan there. I'll definately look into it. But yeah, tan would seem more practical, but then again, Barry is wearing red. Good thing this wasn't Star Trek :lol

Lol yeah. But Barry's Barry so he can wear red if he wants. At least a red tactical vest is more practical than Jill's tube top and mini skirt (not that I'm complaining mind you).

Well to be fair, that is probably Jill's civillian/everyday outfit. Not sure a police/military type of uniform should include a lot of red. I mean look at the British. Their old colonial uniforms were big red coats with 2 white sashes that meet in the middle forming an 'x.' Does that sound like a walking target to anyone else? And we all know how well that turned out for them. :lol

But you'd think Jill would put on a pair of pants or something during a zombie outbreak rather than a mini skirt to possibly avoid crawling zombies from scratching up her legs. I mean was she out clubbing before the outbreak? I'd think with Umbrella after your ass, partying would be the last thing on your mind? Again though I'm not complaining about Jill's outfit though as it's my favorite look of hers. Besides nothing say "eat me" better than a hot chick in a tight tube top and and mini skirt.

Maybe its just comfortable? I know if I was going to be fighting zombies and BOWs for a couple of hours/days, I'd want to be wearing something comfortable. Sure its not the most practical, but since when to video games have to make sense? I mean, if I was in Mortal Kombat, I wouldn't be fighting without a shirt, I'd be head to toe in body armor to protect myself from all of the fireballs, spears, and monsters I'd be fighting :lol

Maybe its just comfortable? I know if I was going to be fighting zombies and BOWs for a couple of hours/days, I'd want to be wearing something comfortable. Sure its not the most practical, but since when to video games have to make sense? I mean, if I was in Mortal Kombat, I wouldn't be fighting without a shirt, I'd be head to toe in body armor to protect myself from all of the fireballs, spears, and monsters I'd be fighting :lol

Well if she wanted to be comfortable, I would think a nice bikini would have been a better choice or better yet, no clothes at all :monkey1:D:p

Man Buttmunch, I've been following your STARS customs since you first started them and I just wanted to say how awesome I think they are. You've definitely got a lot of talent in the figure customization field and I'm really happy your using it toward one of my favorite properties of all time.

Thanks BB, but I can't take all of the credit. A lot of the stuff on these three are just Chris parts in a different color or just finding the right clothes/accessories. I guess I'm fairly good at that, but when it comes to headsculpts/painting, I have to turn to the experts. When it comes to faces, I make Mattel look like Hot Toys. :lol

After I get these three finished, I hope to tackle Hunk someday. I've seen a few great customs of him so he should be fairly do-able if I can track down the right kind of gas mask.

After I get these three finished, I hope to tackle Hunk someday. I've seen a few great customs of him so he should be fairly do-able if I can track down the right kind of gas mask.
I actually have a BBI figure with a pretty decent gas mask, and was just thinking today about how a Hunk would be an easy kit-bash.

Thanks BB, but I can't take all of the credit. A lot of the stuff on these three are just Chris parts in a different color or just finding the right clothes/accessories. I guess I'm fairly good at that, but when it comes to headsculpts/painting, I have to turn to the experts. When it comes to faces, I make Mattel look like Hot Toys. :lol

I still think you've shown a lot of creativity in the way you've turned STARS Chris into three different figures. The little personal touches like Barry's shoulder harness and Joseph's shotgun shell pouches are really awesome. I wish I had the ability to sculpt and paint up like some of the guys on the boards as well. If you can do that, you can make a figure of basically anyone you'd ever want.

I'm looking forward to your HUNK efforts. He's one of my top favorites as well and deserves the Buttmunch treatment.

Back