Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love zbespin Luke but I'm very much questioning how much Star Wars I want to collect after TROS. I've even considered selling my Last Jedi figures and just keeping ROTJ Luke and ESB Vader.

I do have Beskar Mando on order, though...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Just don't buy Sequel figures, simple. You can still enjoy the other movies.

I'm not sure about the stand, though. It doesn't really look like Bespin at all. Maybe trying to go for a Dagobah look, but it doesn't look much like that either. Ah well, I'll wait to see what the product launch looks like. The original kit really was spectacular. I still kick myself for not getting it back then. I didn't believe they would try to complete the ESB lineup. Wrong about that!!!!

Hopefully more accessories will give more options but this is a strange display....Bespin arrival clothes with blaster, sweaty Vader fight hair and Dagobah base...just pick a scene!

Hopefully more accessories will give more options but this is a strange display....Bespin arrival clothes with blaster, sweaty Vader fight hair and Dagobah base...just pick a scene!

Maybe it?ll be a deluxe release with all options.

It looks like the are reusing the straight forward sculpt for Snowspeeder Luke and the looking right sculpt for the Bespin 2.0 Luke. Just different hair.
Perhaps there will be a deluxe with two different heads or just hair sculpts but it does seem that the hair will be interchangeable with SS Luke at the very least.
Top left to right: new pic, SS, Original Proto, Jedi sculpt with Sideshow Hoth Luke hair.
93dfeb22e0f8175de3beca23c9889064.jpg

Here is also a comparison of the new sculpts and hair with their predecessors.
ce49d127253dd2975b001298662c70ad.jpg

Of course those are the prototypes and we all know what we actually got in the box was a bit different.
200ec297af1c70f90fa1f04578315b56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like we've reached a point where all figures should have moveable eyes. I don't mind them reusing the sculpt really as long as I can have some variety with the eyes.

I'm buying everything on that table, some figures I'll be getting 2-4 of :lol:lol:lol

HT diving into TCW and ESB really killing me :lol

Sucks we have to wait so long for some of these though. Really glad to see Bespin Luke back. Should be getting Bespin Han and Chewie/3PO soon :pray:

I think the Jedi sculpt works perfectly well on Snowspeeder Luke, but for some reason it looks really odd and out of place on this Bespin Luke. But that may just be because I've gotten so used to seeing the original head on that figure.

This ain't coming, look at that terrible tailoring. No way this is ready... unless its one of those joke protos like the original Luke Pilot.

Probably the same situation as Snowspeeder, send the garbage one to Sideshow then blow us away with their own prototype pics :lol. The figure is likely 3 years away anyway.

I'm buying everything on that table, some figures I'll be getting 2-4 of :lol:lol:lol

HT diving into TCW and ESB really killing me :lol

Sucks we have to wait so long for some of these though. Really glad to see Bespin Luke back. Should be getting Bespin Han and Chewie/3PO soon :pray:

Really hope so. Would be amazing i they did Han deluxe with Carbonite block and a deluxe Chewie with a disassembled C-3P0 although I might pop if that happens

Sent from a point in space and time.

I'm sure I'd feel different if I didn't have DX07, but I can't get behind this one at all. This sculpt just does not work for ESB Luke. The crap hair is icing on the crap sculpt re-use cake. And also this just can't have a sideways only glance. If this is your only ESB Luke, you can't pose him with Vader well if he's locked into looking one way. Of course you can use your MMS429 head or the snowspeeder Luke head, but you shouldn't have to do that.

What happened with this one? I like the puffy face!
15f53061511aa210a86c86bda49480a3.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Everyone should ****ing spam them the day it goes up and demand a new sculpt like the day Endgame Cap was announced. That original sculpt was on its 4th use I think and fans had enough. Enough ****ing Venomized ****e!

I feel like we've reached a point where all figures should have moveable eyes. I don't mind them reusing the sculpt really as long as I can have some variety with the eyes.

Totally with you on that one. Moveable eyes can make multiple expressions from one figure.

On the other hand. Hot Toys probably doesn't want to go there as it forces them to potentially have to modify the sculpt itself somehow. But perhaps there are enough things like hair or helmet etc that can make the figure look different enough ??

However that said, their models surely have to be digital these days. So the change of the mouth to a smirk or something slightly different should be pretty easy to do. When I see what other artists are able to do in 3D modelling software then Hot Toys should be able to as well.

Do people really think that looks like ESB Luke?

Maybe like a bad CGI cartoon version.

Expression and vibe? Yes.

Specific features? I'd have to reference the actual movie vs. what's stuck in my mind's eye, but offhand I'd say that Hot Toys -- as usual -- is giving Hamill a superheroic, lantern jaw he never had, which I don't see them changing.

The only new part from last look seems to be the hair unless I'm missing something. Tailoring seems the same as first reveal. Boots look horrible. Don't see any reason to replace my BD DX07 yet.

Back