Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets get some actual Luke ESB in here...

06143ba4231f9f2ae01831513c98b9f3.jpg

Luke-Skywalker-with-a-blaster-gun-in-the-Empire-Strikes-Back.jpg

b9d25828b42ccff1d1709663e1ca4169.jpg

Need that nice poofy conditioned hair, not soggy damp swamp hair.

Also only just noticed that Lukes outfit goes from White (ANH) to Grey (ESB) to Black (ROTJ) :slap.

I’m guessing it’ll look better once it goes up for pre-order. Seems to happen a lot where we get a rushed prototype for a convention. Looks like Bespin Luke 2.0 is the only new Star Wars offering on display. Wonder if he’s the last of the ESB 40th Anniversary line or if there are any other surprises.

This is definitely that same rushed proto. Maybe fooling people to PO Lando... thinking they'll get Bespin Luke. They do that all the time, Baze and Chirrut... Ant-Man and Yellowjacket... Cody and Airborne... maybe that's why the proto appears to have no new work done. Its just a tease.

I really hope we didn't wait all this time for only a questionable new hairpiece. Give us a new sculpt and Dagobah training accessories that would actually be worth supporting.

Or Bespin Han will be that figure that they are showing on Thursday... And he'll never come.

I still love my DX Luke. ?What?s in the Box? was such a presentation not seen anymore. I can?t believe that two figures with a **** load of accessories was $300 CAN! Same price as ?Wicket? today!! Ahhhh?.the good days of collecting (wipes a tear)

Word. What a set that was!

It looks like the are reusing the straight forward sculpt for Snowspeeder Luke and the looking right sculpt for the Bespin 2.0 Luke. Just different hair.
Perhaps there will be a deluxe with two different heads or just hair sculpts but it does seem that the hair will be interchangeable with SS Luke at the very least.
Top left to right: new pic, SS, Original Proto, Jedi sculpt with Sideshow Hoth Luke hair.
93dfeb22e0f8175de3beca23c9889064.jpg

Here is also a comparison of the new sculpts and hair with their predecessors.
ce49d127253dd2975b001298662c70ad.jpg

Of course those are the prototypes and we all know what we actually got in the box was a bit different.
200ec297af1c70f90fa1f04578315b56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually had yet another one to add to that JJ - I've been using this HT Jedi Luke facesculpt for both my Bespin (seen above) and Dagobah arrival Lukes for over a year. The face is a bit too ROTJ but to my eye its better than the older DX Bespin Luke in a number of ways (I bumped my DX sculpt to my medical center/21B Luke.)

It's a little hard for me to get excited about these new HT snowspeeder and Bespin Lukes when they basically use the same heads as I've had on display for something close to 18 months - and even on the same outfits.:lol

BYVFFwZ.jpg

I really hope we didn't wait all this time for only a questionable new hairpiece. Give us a new sculpt and Dagobah training accessories that would actually be worth supporting.
What would you really give him for Dagobah specifically though? Yoda in the backpack is the only obvious thing. Not sure how that would work in figure form though. Unless Yoda wasn’t a full figure.

What would you really give him for Dagobah specifically though? Yoda in the backpack is the only obvious thing. Not sure how that would work in figure form though. Unless Yoda wasn’t a full figure.

A DX Luke would have:

- Bespin outfit with removable shirt to expose Dagobah tanktop on a figure that has seamless arms (ideally it'd be two separate figs, but that's unlikely these days)
- cargo boxes from the X-wing with a (this time correctly scaled) lantern/charger
- Yoda in backpack accessory (possible reuse of existing Yoda sculpt if needed)

A DX Luke would have:

- Bespin outfit with removable shirt to expose Dagobah tanktop on a figure that has seamless arms (ideally it'd be two separate figs, but that's unlikely these days)
- cargo boxes from the X-wing with a (this time correctly scaled) lantern/charger
- Yoda in backpack accessory (possible reuse of existing Yoda sculpt if needed)
I’ve never tried, but does the DX07 have the tank top under the jacket? I have the figure packed away at the moment. Regardless not really accessory, but more of a piece of the outfit. I guess the cargo boxes would be alright. Not anything I consider as essential though.

I’ve never tried, but does the DX07 have the tank top under the jacket? I have the figure packed away at the moment. Regardless not really accessory, but more of a piece of the outfit. I guess the cargo boxes would be alright. Not anything I consider as essential though.

Yeah DX07 came with the tank top but it's not a seamless body so it's not really usable. Having a seamless body would mean you could do a "centerpiece" display with Luke and Yoda in the backpack.

And people are pretty narrowly focused on the head, but those boots look VERY Hasbro...

oiGcwie.png

I also think this figure is suffering from over-padding, which seems to be a bit of an issue with HT these days. The Jedi Luke had a slight barrel chest due to the fatsuit and the TLJ Jedi outfit Luke even more so. The Bespin outfit is looser than what the figure is showing.

Yeah DX07 came with the tank top but it's not a seamless body so it's not really usable. Having a seamless body would mean you could do a "centerpiece" display with Luke and Yoda in the backpack.

And people are pretty narrowly focused on the head, but those boots look VERY Hasbro...

oiGcwie.png

I also think this figure is suffering from over-padding, which seems to be a bit of an issue with HT these days. The Jedi Luke had a slight barrel chest due to the fatsuit and the TLJ Jedi outfit Luke even more so. The Bespin outfit is looser than what the figure is showing.

Don't you mean having a non-seamless body makes the figure usable? Luke is in action in training, and if they did do the backpack you'd probably want him holding the straps ie bending the elbows all the way.

Wonder if they've fixed the magnet issues on the ****ing holsters this time??
Fat pass for me.
Ex DX 7 cannot be beaten for price and accessories.
Bring me Solo and Bespin escape Leia!!

What would you really give him for Dagobah specifically though? Yoda in the backpack is the only obvious thing. Not sure how that would work in figure form though. Unless Yoda wasn?t a full figure.
All the stuff TaliBane mentioned basically. Swap out seamless arms or two bodies. Yoda in backpack by any means necessary. A dio base that attaches to his ankle or leg so he can pull off the pics below.

HT could even cash grab reissue a heavily weathered Dagobah R2 in 40th anniversary packaging if they desired.
bba08c29d5720389add589d77bc4e8fb.jpg
2f4e7cb24caed55cfa7c03501445f70b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back