Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think sometimes people forget how much time and work actually has to go into these figures and other collectables.

Yes, not only that but other things get in the way too. Infinity War and Endgame pretty much dominated the last 2 years. So Hot Toys are going to concentrate on those as number one priority. Again when hype is to the max for most sales.

Figures from a 40 year old movie can always be moved to a timeslot which is not so busy. Like this year, plus it's the movie 40th anniversary. Perfect.

This hobby unfortunately is a waiting game. My wallet appreciates that though.

I think your right. It takes time to get the figures made and its to a movie that is older than most of the popular movies now. I am hoping to get them sometime in the next couple of years though. I would love to see them do Dark Empire Luke. That is a great story and Luke had a great look in it.

I think your right. It takes time to get the figures made and its to a movie that is older than most of the popular movies now. I am hoping to get them sometime in the next couple of years though. I would love to see them do Dark Empire Luke. That is a great story and Luke had a great look in it.

Not sure if Lucasfilm will allow that. Barely anything comes out of the "Legends" territory. Very sad cause that's where the good stuff is at.

I think sometimes people forget how much time and work actually has to go into these figures and other collectables.
Nevermind the fact that the licensor has final say, and Hot Toys doesn't get to just do whatever a niche internet community wants.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I had the time and all the parts so I went ahead and made my own Bespin Luke. I know it has some issues but I like seeing him on the shelf with r2 and Yoda. Head, hands and lightsaber are HT, everything else is SSC. Now i need to find that hasbro x wing outfit out in my garage.
5bf2925197e53c3ca2f8fc5bc88d3923.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That looks awesome! And to my eyes, that Luke sculpt is just as good of an Empire version of Luke as the officially released Bespin Luke sculpt. Better than the "2.0" version they showed off, IMO.

That looks awesome! And to my eyes, that Luke sculpt is just as good of an Empire version of Luke as the officially released Bespin Luke sculpt. Better than the "2.0" version they showed off, IMO.

Anyone that likes the ANH Luke sculpt is blind, sorry. It's just objectively bad.

No need to throw out childish insults. My point is that every HT Luke sculpt is bad. The best one was the glimpse of a sculpt you get in the exclusive half-Vader head. I think PERS did no favors to the likeness on Bespin Luke. And the one they showed for the 2.0 prototype looks less like Luke than anything they've put out in my opinion. It does look like someone with facial reconstruction, but not Mark Hamill.

Thanks karamazov80, I'm very pleased with the result. After looking at that cartoonish oversized SSC sculpt for way too many years I just wanted a Bespin Luke that would blend in with the rest of my HT Star Wars collection.

Ah. Someone who can?t discern between fact and opinion. How wonderfully unique to have you here.

This forum is rife with those. I always respond to them as if my opinion is fact and that it’s a fact they’re the ones who are wrong. They often don’t see the irony.

It really looks nothing like Mark Hamill and it looks crosseyed, I don't know how anybody can argue that it's a good headsculpt.

It's definitely not HT best work and a bigger than usual drop from their proto to production. But I still don't hate it, I find it to be just an ok C+ to B- sculpt.

I personally think it’s the worst ANH human sculpt. However, I also think it’s the least bad ANH Luke sculpt I’ve seen. So I suppose that means there’s at least some Hamill in there.

But I mean if others feel differently, who am I to tell them that they don’t really see what it is they see.

What if this figure was supposed to be a Celebration 2020 exclusive? If it is, I really hope it doesn?t get canceled. My parents and I had to use 5 different devices to guarantee VIP passes and we already as to cancel going to the one in Chicago last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think it’s the worst ANH human sculpt. However, I also think it’s the least bad ANH Luke sculpt I’ve seen. So I suppose that means there’s at least some Hamill in there.

But I mean if others feel differently, who am I to tell them that they don’t really see what it is they see.

Nah. In my opinion the worst ANH sculpt, hands down, goes to Old Ben.

Back