Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have too wide ranging of a desire for SW/Indy figs to go the $$$$ custom route, where you spend over $1,000 on a single human-scale fig.

I have well over 120 SW figs - creatures, robots, armored, etc - many I've made myself for $, but I just can't bring myself to spend more than around $250-300 on a single regular 1/6 character. The new SSC Jabba I spent $660 on, and my custom Dewback is maybe $400, but both of them are huge.

I just think that you can cobble together a "decent enough" Han Bespin for under the price of a HT Han Besp. Will it hold up to a standalone"hero" display like a HT fig? No. If you want that, then the $1000+ custom is probably your only option. But as a part of a wider ESB fig display, it's fine.

This is just the space trucker head, medi pants and SSC jacket+shirt (SSC Han Hoth extra) and an old SSC holster. Again, not stellar, but not bad.

jqcz7khh.jpg

I'm hoping to fill that void with an avalanche of Indy merchandise next year though.

I never got the DX Indy, but at this stage I'll settle if it's close enough, and more than one company makes a stab.

I'm hoping to fill that void with an avalanche of Indy merchandise next year though.

I never got the DX Indy, but at this stage I'll settle if it's close enough, and more than one company makes a stab.
There has to be some Indy 1/6 goodness next year. Indy 5's still a full year away from release, plenty of time for a company to make a play.

The problem with a really good custom is that you'll spend 3-4 times what a HT Han Bespin will cost you. I'd assume all-up (head, paint, trackable shipping to and fro) DrX's head above would have easily cost more than a shipped HT fig.

Then there's the possibility you spend all that, go to the time/effort of putting it all together, then a few months later HT pulls a Luke Bespin on you: the years-lost fig suddenly previews and goes up for PO.

It's the key problem of HT's near-total lack of engagement with its collectors all along - they constantly do stuff that makes no sense (they preview 3 different power droids, actually releasing one, but no Han Besp?) and there's no way to predict it.

Even SSC at one time had a "Ask Sideshow" avenue to ask them questions (even if some of what they said they would make they didn't, and vice versa.)
You are correct sir!

As much as a good Ford is wanted from HT, anything they make won't capture his likeness.

I've only seen his likeness captured back in the day by Trevor Grove for Sideshow and ruined by paint, crappy bodies and tailoring.

Then there's this recent custom too.
View attachment 584056View attachment 584057View attachment 584058View attachment 584059View attachment 584060

That is one of the best likenesses of Ford hands down. But I will mention it's only available for the full figure run that costs $3K.

But it's worth it. Nothing HT releases will touch custom work anyway. And they have already proven they can sculpt young Ford. Inigo nailed it. Yunsil clothing is steps above HT in terms of quality. And of course Robbies Leatherwork and blaster is nothing short of perfection. Yeah it's costs $$$$ but I'm totally OK with sacrificing a few mass produced HT pieces to have this level of quality on the shelf. And it's Bespin Han!View attachment 584044

I think those rationalizing on waiting should just stop waiting and go the custom route at this point. Trust me guys, you won't be disappointed.

More pics here:

This.

I think that’s the issue with this hobby - if you really want something, you’ll need to do it yourself. In this case, we both splurged for a custom piece that was expensive. There’s no getting around that. But “HT Bespin Han” was teased 4 years ago? He hasn’t been announced obviously and probably won’t be. To an earlier post, HT doesn’t think that they need to and can sit in it. Assuming he is “revealed” this summer, he likely won’t even be up for preorder for, at absolute best, a few more months. Then we’re waiting until 2024 at the earliest? For me as a collector, I’m not interested in leaving a hole on my (personal) shelf for nearly a decade. That’s too long of a wait time. Plus, like a lot of you, I lack patience!

It’s also a gamble and subjective - what makes anyone think HT will “nail” the likeness? Again, the Inigo head that Cellar and I ordered and had SS paint will surpass HT quality and (for us) likeness. I totally get that it’s a pain and pricey, but I also love making customs so for me, the hunt is kind of fun too.

To me, it’s immaterial whether it’s Harrison or Howard or Disney holding off because at best you’re waiting another 2.5 years for something that may be way off anyways (or not). Having been collecting figures of all scales and lots of lines for nearly 3 decades, HT is going the route of Hasbro with SW: the trooper/exclusive/variant route which is really just masking a high-margin re-paint/reissue strategy.

Certainly there are collectors that love that - I’m probably in the minority though and I understand that “sells”. But I’d venture a bet that Bespin Han is at least another 5 years away.

I just have too wide ranging of a desire for SW/Indy figs to go the $$$$ custom route, where you spend over $1,000 on a single human-scale fig.

I have well over 120 SW figs - creatures, robots, armored, etc - many I've made myself for $, but I just can't bring myself to spend more than around $250-300 on a single regular 1/6 character. The new SSC Jabba I spent $660 on, and my custom Dewback is maybe $400, but both of them are huge.

I just think that you can cobble together a "decent enough" Han Bespin for under the price of a HT Han Besp. Will it hold up to a standalone"hero" display like a HT fig? No. If you want that, then the $1000+ custom is probably your only option. But as a part of a wider ESB fig display, it's fine.

This is just the space trucker head, medi pants and SSC jacket+shirt (SSC Han Hoth extra) and an old SSC holster. Again, not stellar, but not bad.

jqcz7khh.jpg
That was my original Bespin Han. You’re absolutely right that there’s nothing wrong with it! And I still have a soft spot for that slightly oversized Space tracker head!

This.

I think that’s the issue with this hobby - if you really want something, you’ll need to do it yourself. In this case, we both splurged for a custom piece that was expensive. There’s no getting around that. But “HT Bespin Han” was teased 4 years ago? He hasn’t been announced obviously and probably won’t be. To an earlier post, HT doesn’t think that they need to and can sit in it. Assuming he is “revealed” this summer, he likely won’t even be up for preorder for, at absolute best, a few more months. Then we’re waiting until 2024 at the earliest? For me as a collector, I’m not interested in leaving a hole on my (personal) shelf for nearly a decade. That’s too long of a wait time. Plus, like a lot of you, I lack patience!

It’s also a gamble and subjective - what makes anyone think HT will “nail” the likeness? Again, the Inigo head that Cellar and I ordered and had SS paint will surpass HT quality and (for us) likeness. I totally get that it’s a pain and pricey, but I also love making customs so for me, the hunt is kind of fun too.

To me, it’s immaterial whether it’s Harrison or Howard or Disney holding off because at best you’re waiting another 2.5 years for something that may be way off anyways (or not). Having been collecting figures of all scales and lots of lines for nearly 3 decades, HT is going the route of Hasbro with SW: the trooper/exclusive/variant route which is really just masking a high-margin re-paint/reissue strategy.

Certainly there are collectors that love that - I’m probably in the minority though and I understand that “sells”. But I’d venture a bet that Bespin Han is at least another 5 years away.
Oh that last sentence hurts to read…
I just wanna be hopeful, and think that MAYBE, we’ll get a hot toys Indiana Jones next year? I can’t imagine a lucasfilm movie not getting the hot toys treatment. I feel like Indy 5 will really show us wether Hot Toys owns the likeness of Ford or not, or that Howard just doesn’t like Ford lately.

Oh that last sentence hurts to read…
I just wanna be hopeful, and think that MAYBE, we’ll get a hot toys Indiana Jones next year? I can’t imagine a lucasfilm movie not getting the hot toys treatment. I feel like Indy 5 will really show us wether Hot Toys owns the likeness of Ford or not, or that Howard just doesn’t like Ford lately.

I’m amused you just kinda waltzed back in here like nothing happened after causing the forum equivalent of a bar brawl to break out. :lol

BDD3250A-ED6C-48D5-8BEC-04D051CA28AA.gif

jqcz7khh.jpg

It's inconceivable we have Bespin Lando but not Han. Or any Mando or BOBF character but not Han!

I read that quote in this voice...
inconceivable-jpg.584750

View attachment 584750
Random:
Ever notice-
Jedi Luke is basicly The Man in Black
Princess Leia, obviously the Princess
Han & Chewie are essentially Inigo & Fezic.
Emperor and Vader are Humperdinck and Rugen (symbolic father killer, instead minus a hand, it's plus a finger)
And I guess that makes Obi-Wan and his wife Yoda, the old exiled Miracle Max and Val, living in a hut.

Oh right, on topic, so when is the next ESB anniversary, or event?

Cue all the why did you bump for that! crying and rock throwing:wink1:
7c8b3p.gif

7c7oz8.gif

Sorry I mean...
7c7ukd.gif

Last edited:
At this point they've been sitting on this so long,
They should release him in an exclusive new "Frozen Block of Carbonite" packaging.
Then when you thaw him "out", he drops out of the package, has no jacket, is actually 3 years older, 10 pounds bigger than you remember, and with a more sarcastic I don't want to be here anymore expression on his face, ...surprise we waited to long you got ROTJ Han instead! :wink1:

Last edited:
Back