Hot Toys Berserker Predator review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, a bit too generous over the articulation with 4 stars.:dunno

concealed joints may be pleasing but limits movement and all.

form over function.:monkey3

Nah you arent doing anything wrong. It still does it to me at times. Sometimes if it wont let you search just go and type it in on google but put Sideshow Collectors first then whatever your looking for after.
thanks for the Tip Cdiesel09. I'll try that next time it happens again

Great review as always!

So Michael, when are you going to update your collection pics on your site?? I'd love to see how you display all your Hot Toys.

Sadly, my collection is still about 99% boxed. But I do have my PF's out in my bar now, with a bunch of prop replicas as well, so I'll get some shots of that up soon.

Hopefully by spring I'll have the rest of the collection back on display, but that depends on how the schedule goes around the house.

All of the hot toys predators are inaccurate in some way, but they are still great figures and imho i think that the berserker is the closest thing yet

:goodpost::exactly: He kind of has more human-like body proportions and doesn't look as toyish as the older preds because his joints are hidden.

I have to say that I usually agree 100% with Michael Crawford reviews.. but sorry, .. not this time.:slap

Sculp: 4 stars ¿¿??? what the..! The headsculp is'nt accurate, The head is very small.. and even the Bio-helmet is'nt accurate neither..and I,m not talking about bubbleheads (inaccurate shape, size, proportions or shiny finish for helmet)
Not to mention the short dreads.. or his short jaws
Honestly, I would give 3 stars on this depeartment.

Outfit: again .. 4 stars ¿¿???...
the armor is really nice.. but the leather straps are PURE AND CHEAP CRAP!! (look at the prototype and see the quality difference!!:horror)
I would give 3.5 stars as much.. and being very generous..

Articulation: Again 4 Stars !!!¿¿????!!!...
C´mon.. Ok, yes the joints are all hidden, but hottoys could have achieved even more than 90 degrees on elbows and knees easily.. and without breaking the sculpture.
In this department: 3 stars ..4 stars score is ridiculous ..:dunno

I'm agree with the score for the paint and accesories department, because the paint apps are outstanding and he does'nt really need more accesories.

Do'nt take it personally Michael, but definetively Berserker does'nt deserve a full 4 stars score in those departments listed.. and much less at that high selling price :thud:
Berserker is undoubtedly the "most advanced" (aesthetically speaking) predator to date, but he is very far from perfection and accuracy

As a fan of predators, and with the figure in hand, I,am very disappointed with the "free creative licenses" inaccuracies or "quality shortcuts", (comparing with the prototype and the film), that Hottoys have had with Berserker.(not talking about the height, because being shorter makes him more accurate)

Last edited:
not talking about the height, because being shorter makes him more accurate

If you pretend that your P1 predator is representative of Classic Predator and you believe that Classic is shorter than P1, then yeah. But its just a fortunate coincidence. Not so fortunate though that P1 was undersized in the first place and Dutch looks like he could hand him his a$$.

If you pretend that your P1 predator is representative of Classic Predator and you believe that Classic is shorter than P1, then yeah. But its just a fortunate coincidence. Not so fortunate though that P1 was undersized in the first place and Dutch looks like he could hand him his a$$.

:lol But Dutch did hand him his ass:gah:

:lol But Dutch did hand him his ass:gah:

Through cunning. :wink1: Physically he was totally outmatched and thats the problem with the HT figures. They just don't reflect the appropriate size difference, making it look like it'd be a much more even fight in the hand-to-hand combat department.

Through cunning. :wink1: Physically he was totally outmatched and thats the problem with the HT figures. They just don't reflect the appropriate size difference, making it look like it'd be a much more even fight in the hand-to-hand combat department.

I will take your word for it. When I think of the original Predator movie, I never think about the size of the predator. All I remember is his unmasked face. Therefore, my only issue with the original Pred. figure is the bubblegum pink gums he has.

Thank God the 1:1 bust was never painted like that.

Well.. Predator 1 is shorter than should be.. but if HT had kept the prototype height for Berserker, then P1 would be like a real midget next him.. and of course, Berserker would be oversized :panic:

Berserker height is'nt a big deal after all ..
Predators height, and proportions have been "wrong" and inaccurate from the begining, that's for sure.. but for me, the current Berserker height is'nt the big problem, compared to the other "inaccuracies" and "free creative licenses" that Hottoys have taken. (such as has been lately ).:lecture

Last edited:
Free shipping?

I checked it again:slapdidn't see the following paragragh:slap

"A charge of $17.99 is required when ordering this item. The balance due when this item is in stock will be $158.00 plus shipping.

Shipping will depend on the weight of this item boxed and will be added to the balance due once we calculate the final shipping weight."

Back