Hot Toys Berserker Predator review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
New review tonight - Hot Toys Berserker Predator from Predators! Excellent figure, but I had one major issue that hopefully you won't replicate. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Nice review and beautiful pics (especially of the face).

It's nice to read a review of this figure from a more casual fan, since that's my camp as well. Really looking forward to this guy.

Great review Michael! But I disagree about the part where people won't nitpick the smallest details of a monster sculpt, I recommend you read the pages and pages of stuff on it here! haha

It sucks about the light up feature but the one thing this review did was just test mine. I never put the batteries in when I first got it as I didn't really care about the light up function. Happy to say mine just worked fine looks like you just got an unlucky one.

Last edited:
Thanks for your great review Michael, always appreciated. My wallet screams yet again! Sucks about the light up feature, I agree for $175, it should work without problems.

While the head size, dread length, and sculpt have been prone to nitpicking (let's face it, it more resembles it), your review has made this guy look a lot better. His closed-mouth head looks surprisingly good compared to the other, more commonly-used display options.

Awesome review as always!! Any thoughts on the ankle articulation?

It works - it'd be a bit better if you could get the feet completely flat in wider stances, but it's not that bad.

As to the light up feature, yea, it bums me but I have to admit that I rarely turn them on anyway!

Good to hear. Well, can't wait to receive mine! And yeah, I rarely turn on the LEDs, unless I'm taking pictures or something. Don't quite know how long the batteries last, but there's no reason to keep them up and running even if I'm not in the room.

Great review as always!

So Michael, when are you going to update your collection pics on your site?? I'd love to see how you display all your Hot Toys.

Great review Michael! But I disagree about the part where people won't nitpick the smallest details of a monster sculpt, I recommend you read the pages and pages of stuff on it here! haha
He's correct that many people are more forgiving. Berserker's head is probably Hot Toys least accurate since their version one Joker figure, but because he's a monster there are few of us who actually give a damn about just how inaccurate it actually is.

Very nice review and I totally agree that when I first saw the figure I thought it looked fantastic until people started pointing out inaccuracies and posting pics of Berserker from the movie. But Ive seen too many good reviews showing how cool this guy is so I dont really care if its 100% accurate even though it wouldve been nice. I get my super predator next week and I hope I dont have problems with his light up feature.

So true, after seeing the movie and checking out the figure, there are some differences. However, I think that Hot Toys made the head sculpt look more like a predator than the movie did. In the movie, the berserker looked like a total alien squid-head.

Does anyone intentionally leave LEDS in figures powered on even when they aren't looking at the figs??!!

I hardly turn them on when posing my t-800 endoskeleton. When I get the berserker, I probably won't turn it on either.

P.S: I'm kind of new to this forum. At times when I do searches, I often get the following error msg:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2415856 bytes) in /home/dstephan/public_html/forums/search.php on line 1160

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks

All of the hot toys predators are inaccurate in some way, but they are still great figures and imho i think that the berserker is the closest thing yet

I hardly turn them on when posing my t-800 endoskeleton. When I get the berserker, I probably won't turn it on either.

P.S: I'm kind of new to this forum. At times when I do searches, I often get the following error msg:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2415856 bytes) in /home/dstephan/public_html/forums/search.php on line 1160

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks
Nah you arent doing anything wrong. It still does it to me at times. Sometimes if it wont let you search just go and type it in on google but put Sideshow Collectors first then whatever your looking for after.

Back