Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap I pre-ordered this figure and still only just now noticed that she comes with a detachable heart. That is amazing!
Also this is my first non DC/Marvel/Star Wars Hot Toy order and I can't help but wonder if it'll go the way of Valerian and other non major properties that just disappear into the void.

Holy crap I pre-ordered this figure and still only just now noticed that she comes with a detachable heart. That is amazing!
Also this is my first non DC/Marvel/Star Wars Hot Toy order and I can't help but wonder if it'll go the way of Valerian and other non major properties that just disappear into the void.

This one is popular enough, we'll get at least one figure lol

There is a big difference between Alita and Valerian....that being Valerian was god awful. I wanted to like it but I just couldn’t. Alita on the other hand was all around awesome imo.

I am surprising Hot Toys took a license of Valerian and of course scrap it because movie was flop. I feel like they are gamble with their license.

Also Alita with Battle Armor motorball could be fantastic.

The other difference between Valerian and Alita besides Valerian being a suck movie — Alita actually went up for PO, the Valerian figures didn’t.

The other difference between Valerian and Alita besides Valerian being a suck movie — Alita actually went up for PO, the Valerian figures didn’t.

That's the big thing. I don't believe Hot Toys has ever had anything up for preorder that has never come out.

Alita also made more money than Valerian just over 1 week after its North American release.

I don't get why folks prefer the Motorball version. I personally prefer the initial White body version over the Berserker. the details on the white armor is neat. and toss in a teen shirt & pants.

anyway it's a decent movie but feels toned down. the city feels more like Star Wars than a depressed slum like Blade Runner (except the old church scene).

i'm not sure if the bad guys follow original design but they don't really look cool at all. Zapan might have looked cooler if he had a coat. But anyway he's a ******.

Ido looks like Bloodborne's Hunter (or the other way round).

Chiren's ending was dark. i wonder if they saved her.

That's actually a good point about the tone, it wasn't a very realistic divide between the haves and the have nots, in fact it seemed like a really cool place to live. Everything is relative though, right? And the grass is always greener etc

Yeah, Iron Town is definitely not as bleak as it seemed in other depictions.

It's one of those things were people make the best of what they got, but there are certainly people who want to go to Zalem (based on whatever knowledge they have of it being). Chiren, who was from there, still wants to go back and she obviously seems to be making a good living.

I too want the doll body version (white), as the detail on that thing is really beautiful (having seen the details in the art book).

Yeah, Iron Town is definitely not as bleak as it seemed in other depictions.

It's one of those things were people make the best of what they got, but there are certainly people who want to go to Zalem (based on whatever knowledge they have of it being). Chiren, who was from there, still wants to go back and she obviously seems to be making a good living.

I too want the doll body version (white), as the detail on that thing is really beautiful (having seen the details in the art book).
Yeah the doll body us incredibly detailed. I'm reading the novelization and when Alita wakes up for the first time she can't stop marveling at all the designs. Did you notice there are also fingerprints? I'd love to see what HT could do with the details.

Just saw the film recently - loved the visuals and Alita character. The love interest felt kind of weak but I liked the father-daughter dynamic.

I’m tempted to get 2 figures to display her in both looks. But I may get 1 Hot Toys for the berserker body and the Prime 1 statue for the other look. The only issue is coming up with the $700 - $1,000 for the statue. [emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the doll body us incredibly detailed. I'm reading the novelization and when Alita wakes up for the first time she can't stop marveling at all the designs. Did you notice there are also fingerprints? I'd love to see what HT could do with the details.

no but i noticed there seems to be actual fingers underneath the armor.

I recenty watched the film, and wow, I indeed enjoyed it, and am definitely enthralled. This figure is an absolute must get!!!! I just wanna hold it in my hands RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

I'll take twenty :thud:

On a related note, are there any other other companies producing action figures from this movie?

I recenty watched the film, and wow, I indeed enjoyed it, and am definitely enthralled. This figure is an absolute must get!!!! I just wanna hold it in my hands RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

I'll take twenty :thud:

On a related note, are there any other other companies producing action figures from this movie?

Nothing else except a few Funko Pops and the Prime 1 statue. I'm hoping NECA and Mezco announce some stuff.

Back