Hot Toys Batman Collartible Expo - Sept 10-25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman Event Coming Soon - But what does it mean?

I don't think the symbol necessarily means anything. That's one of the pretty basic Batman logos so it might just be an all encompassing event related to the character. After all the event doesn't reference a specific film but seems more just about the character.

I don't think the symbol necessarily means anything. That's one of the pretty basic Batman logos so it might just be an all encompassing event related to the character. After all the event doesn't reference a specific film but seems more just about the character.

Yup. Not to mention the official Batman brand symbol on all the merchandise going back as far as the early 90s.

Personally I'd love to see:
'66 Batman -- Batgirl, Catwoman, Joker, Batmobile, Batcycle
Batman Forever and Batman & Robin -- Batman, Robin, Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze and Batgirl
Batman Returns -- Penguin, Catwoman

You are a bit wrong here is the opening of Batman forever logo is idenical....

Batman-Forever-batman-8578303-700-380.jpg

Batman & Robin logo

batmanrobin1.png
As much as Batman Forever and Batman and Robin suck, it would be cool to see collectables from these movies.

Sdcc is not a big deal for hot toys.

Nah, it is a big deal to what we're discussing which is unveiled figures attendees are seeing for the first time. I'm sure Hot Toys cares or else they wouldn't send their team or lend Sideshow their new prototypes.

Since 2011 Sideshow has always shown off some new Hot Toys goodies to everyone's surprise. It started with the '89 Batmobile, Bespin Luke, Iron Monger, Iron Man gantry and the Nicholson Joker and every year that follows has had some pleasant surprises.

So it really doesn't matter if it's there or not. Hot toys has five shows they sponsor themselves each year, plus AGCHK the weekend after SDCC...an event hot toys it self doesn't attend(ssc does all the hot toys stuff). Plus the pop up stores, events at Toy Sapien/Secret Base/Shanghai Disney.

And then these other Toy Fairs events are usually the same offerings that we've seen with he SDCC figures re-debuting at the various shows with the older things everyone had already seen. I'm sure they'll have big 1:1 statues and special Point of Purchase displays and banners though.

And yeah, you're right. I wouldn't expect the 60s Batmobile to show up at any of these summer shows. For some reason people are always hoping for it to pop back up ever since 2013. :lol Hell, after this year I'm sure we'll still see "I hope we see the 66' Batmobile at *insert show here*."

As much as Batman Forever and Batman and Robin suck, it would be cool to see collectables from these movies.

Yeah but then again that Batlogo is the official logo for most Batman Merchandise, besides BVS and Nolan films.

It would be cool to get more 66 stuff although I doubt it'll happen unless maybe we get the Batmobile. Catwoman and Penguin (I don't care much about him but I know others want it) from Batman Returns would be cool too. Ra's al Ghul from Batman Begins would be great as well. My guess is it'll be mostly current stuff. I'm curious how many reveals there will be since its spread over two weeks.

Nah, it is a big deal to what we're discussing which is unveiled figures attendees are seeing for the first time. I'm sure Hot Toys cares or else they wouldn't send their team or lend Sideshow their new prototypes.

Since 2011 Sideshow has always shown off some new Hot Toys goodies to everyone's surprise. It started with the '89 Batmobile, Bespin Luke, Iron Monger, Iron Man gantry and the Nicholson Joker and every year that follows has had some pleasant surprises.

And then these other Toy Fairs events are usually the same offerings that we've seen with he SDCC figures re-debuting at the various shows with the older things everyone had already seen. I'm sure they'll have big 1:1 statues and special Point of Purchase displays and banners though.

And yeah, you're right. I wouldn't expect the 60s Batmobile to show up at any of these summer shows. For some reason people are always hoping for it to pop back up ever since 2013. :lol Hell, after this year I'm sure we'll still see "I hope we see the 66' Batmobile at *insert show here*."

Yeah they show stuff, but it's not a premier event for them. Never has been. If sideshow did not have a booth hot toys wouldn't even be there. Yes they had some stuff last year that was not seen before. But toy soul, agchk, the BvS pop up, all had more new content. Last year hot toys had one Tie fighter and the falcon cockpit at Sdcc, plus the newest west batman. At the following event, one hot toys themselves attend, they had two tiefighters, a full 1/6 Millenium Falcon with the cockpit, a transporter, 200 storm troopers, and multiple new figures (Drax..fury..ect).

And what they show at an event either way doesn't mean a release is incoming, nor does it mean because it's not there won't be an order. Last year at SDCC is a perfect example. They had a full Tiefighter, but no Drax. Drax went up the tiefighter did not(or the west batman ect). Sdcc is not a premier event for hot toys. If it where they would actually go. They don't. It's hard to argue its importance to a company, when that company does a dozen cons a year and it's not one of them. Yes there is hot toys product, but it's only due to ssc requesting it.

And as for things being at Sdcc then just reused...that's just not the case. Toy soul has more new items, the civil war pop up show had more new items, the BvS show had more new, acghk last year had twice as much new content as Sdcc. Sorry, but Sdcc isn't nearly as important outside of the USA as it is here. And for CMC, star ace, Hot toys ect it's an after thought.

The Joker 3.0 and Batman Begins Suit 2.0

As for them giving up on the 66 car...I wouldn't count on that. As of the end of 2014 start of 2015 they had run into production issues and it slipped in the schedule. So they made a choice(with encouragement from WB) to push it to the 50th anny year (2016) as to take advantage of the increase in visibility. I can't prove the second part but Howard stated the first part...

They have known for two years about this batman 100 event as well (last year it was titled bvs100% and I posted about it) and they still have plans for the game line, for 66, for begins, ect...

image.jpeg

I have some inside information from a very unreliable source, and it seems HT will in fact be showing one or several Batman ralated items from one or from several of the Batman movies. I hope this info helps:monkey3

I would like HT to make the Batman Forever suit from the battle with riddle at the end, that would be a PO for sure.
I had a go at making my own as I am still sceptical Hot Toys will ever do one. Unfortunately he is static.
XDegu7r.jpg

I have some inside information from a very unreliable source, and it seems HT will in fact be showing one or several Batman ralated items from one or from several of the Batman movies. I hope this info helps:monkey3

Did you mean "reliable"?

Back