Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to gloss coating the gauntlets on this figure, as well as swapping out the utility belt for the brighter gold belt from the DX12. Those changes make a big difference for such a monochromatic figure. Moved it up to the front of my display.

Batman Begins Mod 1.jpgBatman Begins Mod 2.jpgBatman Begins Mod 4.jpg

Those vehicles are from different manufacturers. The Bane Tumbler and Bat are RevoTech, the Snyder Batmobile is a Hallmark ornament, and the small Tumbler is a Mattel Hot Wheels. I pick and choose what looks good and fits!

Who makes those tiny Bat-vehicles in your display? The sharpness of the detail is incredible for those small scales.

Hello i'm searching this figure a seller send me pictures, the material on the butt is damaged, i know it's not a very visible part but :lol

2pow.jpg

53d3.jpg

It's possible to "repair" that ?

And of course boots falls off :

p8i8.jpg

He looks good from the front.

e0tx.jpg

It seems very difficult to find this figure without default at a good price.

I found this video :

I just got this from a fellow member and plan on doing a few things to spruce it up. The ankles being one if possible. The boots stay on just fine and he poses just fine as is though.

So far I?ve made a new cape and now need to cast a set of clips to attach to the cowl in the proper place.

FA645BB7-B2F9-460F-8595-30C32D12BDE4.jpeg

Awesome pose and great display? Did you make that yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, creasy! Yes, I did. It?s got the old movie adaptation comic in a sleeve as the backdrop.

That?s great work, it looks absolutely epic.
Properly jealous & I would really like to know how you made it?
Currently looking for the movie adaptation comic on eBay [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, is there any way to fix the ankles?

I assume your ball / socket cups are cracked inside the original rubber boots? The DX12 and Armory set figures have the same designed boots if I remember correctly, they are updated with a less-brittle plastic for the cups however. You can swap them out.

I assume your ball / socket cups are cracked inside the original rubber boots? The DX12 and Armory set figures have the same designed boots if I remember correctly, they are updated with a less-brittle plastic for the cups however. You can swap them out.

Actually, the Begins version is a one piece boot and the DX12 and Armory are 2 piece. The BB figure that I picked came with both versions of the boots and I put the one piece on even thought they were broken because, to me, they looked better on this figure. This is my favorite Bale suit but it's 9 years old now. It would be nice if HT took another crack at it.

Guys, is there any way to fix the ankles?

Yes. It's detailed elsewhere in the thread, but if you can get your hands on some generic Truetype feet, you can extract the socket from those feet (heat them up to loosen the glue and then just pull out with some needle-nose pliers), then swap the sockets with the crumbled sockets in your Batman's boots.

You'll also need an exacto knife to slice open the boot (along the line where the rubber of the boot meets the hard plastic of the sole) and some glue to seat the new sockets and close the boot up again, but if you have patience the result will be seamless, invisible, and infinitely better than broken ankles.

It sounds a lot scarier and harder than it actually is. Definitely worth it.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Unfortunately, the previous owner glued in the feet so there's little hope. :slap

But I thought it for dirt cheap so I can't complain.

Yes. It's detailed elsewhere in the thread, but if you can get your hands on some generic Truetype feet, you can extract the socket from those feet (heat them up to loosen the glue and then just pull out with some needle-nose pliers), then swap the sockets with the crumbled sockets in your Batman's boots.

You'll also need an exacto knife to slice open the boot (along the line where the rubber of the boot meets the hard plastic of the sole) and some glue to seat the new sockets and close the boot up again, but if you have patience the result will be seamless, invisible, and infinitely better than broken ankles.

It sounds a lot scarier and harder than it actually is. Definitely worth it.

Thanks for this! The broken ankles don’t hinder him for me much since I use a stand but it would be nice to have it fixed proper regardless.

Back