Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless there's a manufacturing issue that causes problems, as was the case with DX02. Oh, and btw, these are toys. The company that makes them is even called Hot Toys.

Yeah, they may be called Hot Toys, but how many of these would you toss to a child and say 'have fun?' Personally, I'd rather not see how well Joker fares against G.I. Joe in the desert(read: the sandbox in the back yard). My $450 Tumbler wasn't meant to wheeled around the living room and get in an accident with the Bat-pod. Does your OC Batman have bathtub scuba powers? I'll never know if mine does, because I won't test it out.
:wink1:

Generally the OC has held up quite well. There's no telling what people do to these things. I bought a used one off Ebay that looked good in the pics. When I received the figure there was some kind of film on the suit. I emailed the seller and he told me he wipes all of his figures down with Wet Wipes before he ships. I don't say that to make fun of the guy but the fact is some people think they are taking excellent care of their figures when in fact they may be causing the damage.
Yeah, I always rub my figures down with high rubbing alcohol before shipping. Don't want folks getting any nasty germs on my account.

Unless there's a manufacturing issue that causes problems, as was the case with DX02. Oh, and btw, these are toys. The company that makes them is even called Hot Toys.

Seriously? :slap There's a big difference between collectible 1/6 figures and "toys". For the most part, toys are disposable, mass manufactured trinkets that are meant to be played with and destroyed. The 1/6 figures that Hot Toys produces are likened to three-dimensional art pieces that have to be showcased, and properly taken care of. Take the time to look at the back of a Hot Toys box, and you'll see the names of the artists that were involved in creating the head-sculpt, costume design, etc. Don't let the name Hot "Toys" confuse you. Unless of course, you're just trying to be a smart alec :dunno.

You guys don't have a lot of respect for toys. Can you tell the dufference beteen a cheap one and an expensive one? Because this thing is one.

Yeah, exactly. Some of you act really snobbish when it comes to collecting.

You might not play with these but they're still toys no matter what fancy term you come up with to try and forget that. These collectibles we buy originated from the toys we played with as children. Just because they're more fragile and expensive doesn't mean that they've lost their original form or function.

And besides, not all Hot Toys are fragile. There's quite a few of them that woud hold up if you gave them to mature kids.

My 12-15 year old self would have had a field day with this kind of stuff if it were available then.

That pose will likely not cause tears in the suit. I'm sure it will do just fine. Had my TDK OC in a similar position for quite some time. That's assuming the quality of rubber is the same, which of course is a matter of debate.

What that pose will do is cause a crease in the area that are pinched. Over time, they might fade out but they might not.

Other than that, all these figs will degrade so you might as well enjoy it.

Still wading through all the responses here but wanna post this and say my TDK V1 Batman is holding out his arms with one elbow SLIGHTLY bent holding a batarang. He's not standing straight, his legs are out SLIGHTLY and knees are bent SLIGHTLY. It looks great. Just moved recently and while setting up all my figures in the Detolf I checked it out slowly moving the arms to a neutral position. Rubber's tough and looks fine. Hoping this one will match in terms of quality. Although since I have one dynamic Batman, I thought about having this one with fists and standing in a safer pose with the pissed off mouth. Can't wait!

:horror:slap
Jissis. I'm almost afraid to even handle my figs with my bare hands, let alone wipe them down with a Wet Wipe. I won't lie, the single reason I joined this forum initially was to get good advice on maintenance and upkeep on my figs. But now I've been sucked in by things like "fun" and "discussion." I have no worries about this costume. Just handle with care, as this is not a toy, and it should be fine.

Fair enough. I'll give you that they're toys. I just don't view them as toys in the traditional sense, is a better way to put it.

It's pretty clear from Ternes' post what was meant by 'this is not a toy'. In other words, these things need to be handled with the care not normally associated with 'toys'. If only people could be generous enough to get past the nomenclature to the real meaning of what someone is trying to say...

2w4mnt2.gif

You might not play with these but they're still toys no matter what fancy term you come up with to try and forget that. These collectibles we buy originated from the toys we played with as children. Just because they're more fragile and expensive doesn't mean that they've lost their original form or function.

And besides, not all Hot Toys are fragile. There's quite a few of them that woud hold up if you gave them to mature kids.

My 12-15 year old self would have had a field day with this kind of stuff if it were available then.

How can it be snobbish... is it snobbish when a friend comes into your house fingers all your screens/tv's or starts screwing with everything.

People who take care of their stuff no matter whats in their house will pull them up promptly or boot them out.

If you think they are toys, I'll remember that from all the posts who's broken the arms, wrist pegs, ankles, ankle joints, chest, back, hips, legs, accessories and so on. How's it any different than a PF? these are more like advanced PF's that can move but are just as delicate with the thinner parts that stick out.

Though I'm not here to police them but it's the reason they never get into my collectible room. As I know they will want to lift one. What they don't know can't be harmed.

I think I AM snobbish when it comes to collecting :lol. Several years ago, I used to invest a lot of money in McFarlane toys, but I stopped when I learned that there were better stuff out in the market. Not to diss on McFarlane of course, they made some pretty decent stuff in the 90s.

You are right that the collectibles that we have today originated from the much more simplistic toys from decades ago. But, I will disagree that the "form or function" of them have remained the same. Sure, you can go ahead and play with some of your 1/6 figures if you want, but regardless of how resiliant the figures might be, you'll still run the high risk of causing permanant damage and breaking something that can't be easily repaired. These aren't like the action figures from your local Wal-Mart, in that if you happen to pull out an arm or a leg, it can easily be popped back into place.

Last edited:
Well i've had my original Dark Knight costume posed like this for almost a year....

2629692703_7d6cef99b7_o.jpg

I just checked it and it's as good now as the day i got it, and like i said from that video, this figure seems posable without damaging.

It's hard to judge if these valid concerns are just from a couple of bad figures and mishandling or from all with serious Quality Control on Hot Toys part.

Is it all just being blown out of proportion? or is it as serious as "don't pose it at all for risk of breakage"?

Sweet pose! Mine's not quite like that. There's a bit less stress on the elbows and hips on mine and it's been good for nearly 3 years now.

Read every page. I'm not canceling this at all! I've been waiting years to get my hands on the OC costume Batman. Hopefully it doesn't come to a refund.

How does one dust the rubber without rubbing off the rubber? I have them in Detolfs but that's not dust-proof. Just beats the heck out of a regular shelf.

Read every page. I'm not canceling this at all! I've been waiting years to get my hands on the OC costume Batman. Hopefully it doesn't come to a refund.

How does one dust the rubber without rubbing off the rubber? I have them in Detolfs but that's not dust-proof. Just beats the heck out of a regular shelf.

583596.png

Q652-dusting-mitt.jpg

Back