Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies, I don't think I was clear to you guys, I'm based in the UK, BPBN is correct that Sora Shop is in Germany. This is the case I chose: https://www.sora-shop.com/Customized-Products/.html

The case size (with acrylic base) is W*D*H(cm):90*50*38, was €142 + €12 shipping. Didn't get hit by customs luckily. Can't recommend it enough.

image_zpsys0isplm.jpeg

What is that dark groundplate? Is it from sora-shop also?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

As a matter of interest how long did it take them to deliver. Going to Portugal on Friday thought it might be a lot cheaper to ship there rather than South Africa.

Pretty quick if I remember rightly, ordered on the Monday and it arrived Friday.

What is that dark groundplate? Is it from sora-shop also?

That's a custom base, polystyrene / resin painted to look like concrete. Sora-Shop bases are simply see-through acrylic, same as the sides.

Ive finally finished the interior. I have added mats that I made myself and extra wiring. The wiring looks alot better now that Ive done away with cable ties. Ive also integrated them into the back panel too. These few simple and inexpensive mods have made a heap of a difference. Ive also added some extra red and yellow wires to the sides of the car. That coupled with the goodyear tyre decals make this whole piece flux.

Yes, I will be doing this all over again for the hover version when it finally releases.

Im halfway through the last mod now which is the lightning hook. Im just waiting on a few more parts to arrive.

20160815_212200.jpg
20160815_210634.jpg
20160815_212137.jpg
20160815_235414.jpg
20160816_001549.jpg
20160816_002134.jpg
20160816_005610.jpg
20160816_005617.jpg
20160816_005700.jpg
20160816_005648.jpg
20160816_010124.jpg

Looking good! The cable ties are a vast improvement. Even though the flying version is not out yet, you could have the cable bundles pre-made in advance to save time later. The tyre decals are an essential touch.

Finally pulled the trigger on this one and Marty McFly. Just curious about display cases in the Southern California area for this one...
There's a shop in Anaheim off the 91 and Kraemer. They can be pricey for customer cases and the glue for my tumbler case is bubbling, but they have pre built stuff. PM me if interested.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

There's a shop in Anaheim off the 91 and Kraemer. They can be pricey for customer cases and the glue for my tumbler case is bubbling, but they have pre built stuff. PM me if interested.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Oh nice! I'm actually in Anaheim! I've only had one acrylic case made for a cinemaquette piece, and it run me about $350 for a custom size. I'll send ya a PM. Thanks!

That's a custom base, polystyrene / resin painted to look like concrete. Sora-Shop bases are simply see-through acrylic, same as the sides.[/QUOTE]

You can choose to have a black base colour or even mirrored if I remember correctly as I ordered a few cases from them a while back, may have changed since then.

Apologies, I don't think I was clear to you guys, I'm based in the UK, BPBN is correct that Sora Shop is in Germany. This is the case I chose: https://www.sora-shop.com/Customized-Products/.html

The case size (with acrylic base) is W*D*H(cm):90*50*38, was €142 + €12 shipping. Didn't get hit by customs luckily. Can't recommend it enough.

image_zpsys0isplm.jpeg

You don't pay customs as it is inside the EU. I think the shipping is very reasonable for something of this size and weight, I have paid more to have a t-shirt shipped from Amazon UK.

My delorean in its display area which is a shop counter unit. Got it for £20. Lighting will be added at some point as will a backdrop.

What it originally looked like for comparison:

IMG_2473.jpg

20160817_004544.jpg

20160817_010242.jpg

So I pulled tho trigger on this guy. Definitely an amazing addition, but I found myself frustrated with a proper place to display this. Any recommendations for tables/shelves?

So I pulled tho trigger on this guy. Definitely an amazing addition, but I found myself frustrated with a proper place to display this. Any recommendations for tables/shelves?

Probably best you look back through this thread. People have used various things: fish tanks, coffee tables, shop display counters. . .

Nothing Hot Toys related but does anyone know why Hot Wheels canceled their 3in1 version of the DeLorean?

Nothing Hot Toys related but does anyone know why Hot Wheels canceled their 3in1 version of the DeLorean?

Is this the one you mean? I didnt know it got cancelled. Maybe its down to price or licensing? I would have loved one and I wish this was the route HT went down.

oALgWNI.jpeg

Might be worth emailing bttf.net. maybe they can find out. Shame really as I think it would be the best delorean on the market what with the interchangeable parts

Emailed them and got a reply within minutes.

"Mattel has not made the reason for its cancelation public at this time, so we cannot speak to that at this time."

I hope they correct that for the flying version. I'm amazed that at this scale and price, they are inaccuracies, even 1/43 scale die-casts don't have.

When are they releasing the ver 2.. I check sideshow every day.. Come on already!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back