Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last flex pay charges tomorrow. Can't wait to have this next week and join the fun.

Those look amazing. Do you know if he is selling them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he will be selling them. Not sure on price though (dont quote me but I think it will be between $15 and $20) and he will be including an extra decal for the battery cover wheel. Your best of contacting him yourself. He should be ready to go tomorrow.

While I'm glad to hear that the mystery has been solved for me in terms of the polarity of the power supply, I'm not happy that HT decided it was ok to have us play Russian roulette with a $1000 collectible. I was going to look at the SW figures and Millennium Falcon Cockpit Diorama, but tbh, this whole experience has turned me right off it and any other vehicle HT produces in the future.

While I'm glad to hear that the mystery has been solved for me in terms of the polarity of the power supply, I'm not happy that HT decided it was ok to have us play Russian roulette with a $1000 collectible. I was going to look at the SW figures and Millennium Falcon Cockpit Diorama, but tbh, this whole experience has turned me right off it and any other vehicle HT produces in the future.

Really? It's affected you that much? :dunno

Passenger side looking a bit better. Just adding in some wires makes quite a difference. No glue or adhesive was required.

I will be weathering the wires to make them look a bit more grubby and Im not sure yet, but may change the cable ties to something else. Tomorrow, the drivers side and I have worked out where the wires will connect on the dashboard, although they wont be fixed there permanently. Im hoping it will look like they are but wont know till I try. It will be fiddly, even more so since I have my arm in a cast.

It looks better in person and without the flash but with the flash, it shows what Ive done.

View attachment 267747
View attachment 267748
View attachment 267749
View attachment 267750
View attachment 267751
View attachment 267752

Thats looking awesome. where did you get the cable ties and how are they fixed? super little mod :clap

Really? It's affected you that much? :dunno

Yes it has. This wasn't a $30 die cast car - it was a $1000 1/6 scale replica. If I'm paying several hundred dollars for a collectible, I expect far more than I do from a $30 collectible. However even with a $30 collectible or electronic device, I'd still expect clear instructions so I could use it without a 50% change of frying the electronics when I hook up a power supply to it.

The fact that Hot Toys couldn't be bothered supplying that information and after a month, still can't be bothered even getting back to either myself or Sideshow with the info that should have been provided from the getgo, honestly tells me that they couldn't give a brass razoo about their customers or the quality of their products.

To be fair, I'm not that hardcore a 1/6 collector - I'm more into vintage and Transformers tbh. But I've still to this day, owned what is now 3 Hot Toys vehicles and a few figures. I was never going to be a completist with HT and with the exception of a few Batman and BTTF pieces, there wasn't much else there I was going to get for the foreseeable future.

I'd even written off collecting HT Star Wars figures as a money pit until the Millennium Falcon Diorama was announced. At that point I decided to bite the bullet and track down a Han, Chewie, Obi Wan and Luke figure to go with it and grab it once it was available.

After this though, I simply don't trust them to get vehicles right where DC power supplies are concerned and if I'm going to get powered vehicles and dioramas, I'll be using the DC power supply option.

I realise that my money wont be missed and that ultimately, I'm chump change compared to the vast majority of 1/6 collectors so my lost business ultimately means nothing to them in comparison to other collectors. However I simply have no confidence in HT right now when it comes to vehicles and it would take a significant shift in how they handle the use of DC power supplies on vehicles and dioramas to change that.

Last edited:
Wow. That was a hell of a read.

I've got a very large collection, a big proportion of those are Hot toys, and I'm still not as much of an expert as a lot of people here, but what I've learned from this industry - Don't like it, don't buy it. It's harsh, but true.

If you're so annoyed that you feel the need to write so much about it (in at least three threads that I've seen you moan about the same subject), sell it, move on. Life is way too short. Spend your money elsewhere.

There are a lot cheaper, and a lot worse companies than Hot Toys. But, generally, HT are one of the better companies - not to mention they tackle big projects like this. if it wasn't for them, we would not likely have a DeLorean. Or, if we did, you would've spent a hell of a lot more than a thousand bucks on it.

Relax - collecting is supposed to be enjoyable :peace

Last edited:
what I've learned from this industry - Don't like it, don't buy it. It's harsh, but true.

:clap

There is a lot of problems with the Hot Toys Delorean. People still bought it knowing that and I did too. Still worth the money.

Wow. That was a hell of a read.

It happens when you're left feeling like you have to defend feeling like you should have gotten better than you did - which given the cost of it is entirely reasonable.

I've got over 300 figures, mainly Hot toys and I'm still not as much of an expert as a lot of people here, but what I've learned from this industry - Don't like it, don't buy it. It's harsh, but true.

And I don't recall ever saying that it wasn't a case of 'lesson learned'. Furthermore do you even get how "Mr Bumble" (as in "Oliver") that kind of response comes across as; like it's unreasonable to expect on a $1,000 collectable the exact same competency in executing the electronics that you'd get from a $30 electronic consumer device. Never mind the fact that I'd be just as unimpressed if it were the same situation with, say, a big screen TV where I'd paid a few grand for it.

If you're so annoyed that you feel the need to write so much about it (in at least three threads that I've seen you moan about the same subject), sell it, move on. Life is way too short. Spend your money elsewhere.

You do get how this could be taken to read as a response that is essentially words to the effect of "STFU and piss off!" In fact I strongly suspect that it was the reason why you then went back and added two more paragraphs to your initial post. It's inflammatory, utterly counter-productive and I'm reasonably viewing it as an attempt at flamebaiting me.

Secondly, you might want to recheck things. I've only discussed this in 2 threads - the first one where I made an individual thread about this and then this one after a moderator shut that thread and instructed me to continue my comments here. If you're going to flamebait someone with an abrupt diatribe which essentially equates to "stfu and go away" at least get your facts straight.

Thirdly who said I was annoyed with Hot Toys. If anything I'm disappointed with them and distrust them when it comes to them competently executing the electronics on any future vehicles they do; to the point where I've openly stated that I wont be buying any more of them until I see that this problem has been fixed. Not seeing a problem there.

Fourthly, why should I have to return something which for the most part I'm happy with, but where I only have an issue with operational markings and instructions?

Relax - collecting is supposed to be enjoyable

There's a vast difference between theory and reality. I've had many enjoyable experiences as a collector, but I've also had many aggravating and negative experiences too; that's the nature of the beast. However why should collecting be any different to any other aspect of my life where I purchase goods? At the end of the day, it's entirely reasonable to expect that when you purchase something electronic that not only will it operate properly, but that companies will take reasonable steps to ensure that the device operates normally under normal use. Where something falls in pricing scale is also going to determine how dissatisfied I'm going to be when that isn't the case. If I'm buying a $10,000 TV, I'm going to be far more unimpressed at companies dropping the ball in that regard than I am with a $500 TV. Likewise, I'm going to be far less than impressed when it happens with a $1,000 collectable from a company which markets itself as being a high end collector's item maker. I'm going to be even less impressed when the company can't even be bothered responding to customer service requests about the issue either.

There is a lot of problems with the Hot Toys Delorean. People still bought it knowing that and I did too.

Not necessarily - some of us were locked into preorders as of early 2014. Even then the thing that has turned me off buying another Hot Toys vehicle for the forseeable future, isn't that they dropped the ball with the operating markings and instructions to begin with; it's their almost contemptuous refusal to even acknowledge customer service requests about the issue - much less reply to them.

Yes, he will be selling them. Not sure on price though (dont quote me but I think it will be between $15 and $20) and he will be including an extra decal for the battery cover wheel. Your best of contacting him yourself. He should be ready to go tomorrow.

Who is it that selling these? Thanks

It happens when you're left feeling like you have to defend feeling like you should have gotten better than you did - which given the cost of it is entirely reasonable.

And I don't recall ever saying that it wasn't a case of 'lesson learned'. Furthermore do you even get how "Mr Bumble" (as in "Oliver") that kind of response comes across as; like it's unreasonable to expect on a $1,000 collectable the exact same competency in executing the electronics that you'd get from a $30 electronic consumer device. Never mind the fact that I'd be just as unimpressed if it were the same situation with, say, a big screen TV where I'd paid a few grand for it.

You do get how this could be taken to read as a response that is essentially words to the effect of "STFU and piss off!" In fact I strongly suspect that it was the reason why you then went back and added two more paragraphs to your initial post. It's inflammatory, utterly counter-productive and I'm reasonably viewing it as an attempt at flamebaiting me.

Secondly, you might want to recheck things. I've only discussed this in 2 threads - the first one where I made an individual thread about this and then this one after a moderator shut that thread and instructed me to continue my comments here. If you're going to flamebait someone with an abrupt diatribe which essentially equates to "stfu and go away" at least get your facts straight.

Thirdly who said I was annoyed with Hot Toys. If anything I'm disappointed with them and distrust them when it comes to them competently executing the electronics on any future vehicles they do; to the point where I've openly stated that I wont be buying any more of them until I see that this problem has been fixed. Not seeing a problem there.

Fourthly, why should I have to return something which for the most part I'm happy with, but where I only have an issue with operational markings and instructions?

There's a vast difference between theory and reality. I've had many enjoyable experiences as a collector, but I've also had many aggravating and negative experiences too; that's the nature of the beast. However why should collecting be any different to any other aspect of my life where I purchase goods? At the end of the day, it's entirely reasonable to expect that when you purchase something electronic that not only will it operate properly, but that companies will take reasonable steps to ensure that the device operates normally under normal use. Where something falls in pricing scale is also going to determine how dissatisfied I'm going to be when that isn't the case. If I'm buying a $10,000 TV, I'm going to be far more unimpressed at companies dropping the ball in that regard than I am with a $500 TV. Likewise, I'm going to be far less than impressed when it happens with a $1,000 collectable from a company which markets itself as being a high end collector's item maker. I'm going to be even less impressed when the company can't even be bothered responding to customer service requests about the issue either.

Not necessarily - some of us were locked into preorders as of early 2014. Even then the thing that has turned me off buying another Hot Toys vehicle for the forseeable future, isn't that they dropped the ball with the operating markings and instructions to begin with; it's their almost contemptuous refusal to even acknowledge customer service requests about the issue - much less reply to them.

He was just telling you to relax dude. Obviously you are not going to do that.

Flamebaiting?? Whatever :lol

My first example of the DeLorean had a minor flaw, it bothered me and Sideshow replaced it with one lacking flaws. All better.

The power adapter situation, while frustrating to have to take a guess at the polarity (I was incorrect with my first try), it's not a huge deal. The instructions state 4.5v, most universal adapters on the market have the ability to swap polarity, and hooking it up backwards doesn't hurt anything because of how the circuit is designed. I could imagine if you applied the incorrect voltage you might damage something though.

We all have to scroll through this ****. Chill the **** out. Who cares what someone says. Ignore it like an adult.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Howdy folks. I'm ready to start selling out decals for the tires of Hot Toys' Delorean. The price for a set is 15USD plus shipping (1 in the US, or 2 international.) The set does include extra sets. Please send me a message if you're interested!

Last edited:
Howdy folks. I'm ready to start selling out decals for the tires of Hot Toys' Delorean. The price for a set is 15USD plus shipping (1 in the US, or 2 international.) The set does include extras. Please send me a message if you're interested!

These are gonna be awesome :rock

Thats looking awesome. where did you get the cable ties and how are they fixed? super little mod :clap

The cable ties came from the same supplier I got the cables from. Im looking to see if I can find smaller ones or use black tape instead but as it stands, im ok with them. I have now weathered the wires but need to get a sealer so marks arent left on the actual delorean.

How are they fixed? I assume you mean the actual wires and not the cable ties? The wires just hang there. They bend and keep their shape so I havent glued them at all, which means if I ever sell the car (which will never happen), I can remove the mod very easily.

Who is it that selling these? Thanks

Bad mother tattoos. Contact him via facebook or wait for an ebay listing. I spoke with him yesterday and they should be ready for sale today. There will be enough decals to cover the 4 wheels plus a spare in case you mess one up. Also included will be a decal for the battery cover wheel too. I think these will be up for sale for $15 to $20 a set, so a very good price really. This could still be subject to change so you will need to speak with them to confirm it all. Just having these decals on add a huge amount of extra awesome to the car.

Regarding this whole mains adapter thing, I dont see this as a huge problem to the point of barring Hot Toys really. It seems a little OTT, especially for someone who doesnt even really collect 1/6 scale stuff. I also think that the majority of collectors are well aware of how HTs trade and dont really liaise with its customer base at all. Its no shock youve got nowhere with them. As far as Im concerned, its a great collectible flaws and all. Thankfully, the flaws I hate are all easy fixes. Ive added extra wires, Im waiting on FAN to do the correct colour floor mats, I have the goodyear decals and next on the list is the lightning hook and then im happy. Just really hoping to see a Doc at SDCC but im not holding my breath. If and when they do the mr fusion version, I will be getting that too and will work on correcting the same flaws again.

Bad mother tattoos. Contact him via facebook or wait for an ebay listing. I spoke with him yesterday and they should be ready for sale today.

Bad mother tattoos = Hunter on the previous page. Really looking forward to them. $15 +$1 domestic, $2 international.

Has there been no more sightings or mentions of the part 2 DeLorean since the first photos?
I was definitely not getting a second one, but it's just so lovely!

Back