Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

There you have it! This thing's gonna be awhile.

I can live with this taking awhile (I mean Marty isnt supposed to come out till march) I just want a confirmation that theres a green light, and a pre order wouldnt hurt in the next few months. As far as the quote stating "So they have to figure out how to make it before it will go up for pre-order" well they had a prototype there, they have a general idea its not like there starting from scratch....well at least thats my thoughts.

I can live with this taking awhile (I mean Marty isnt supposed to come out till march) I just want a confirmation that theres a green light, and a pre order wouldnt hurt in the next few months. As far as the quote stating "So they have to figure out how to make it before it will go up for pre-order" well they had a prototype there, they have a general idea its not like there starting from scratch....well at least thats my thoughts.

Prototypes often don't provide a detailed and thorough engineering/manufacturing template.

Prototypes often don't provide a detailed and thorough engineering/manufacturing template.

im sure your right, buuuuut your not saying that this process will take years are you? Even if they were to say its a year away, that only puts us about 4 to 5 months after the release of Marty. From what I understand Marty is scheduled to be released till march Im pretty sure they can figure it out by then. I just want to hear them green light it! I think its a no brainer, they have the odds in there favor that it would be successful just from the buzz of its debut, buzz on the forums, anniversary coming up, etc.

I think it will come very soon. In today's world and in this business a prototype means they have a very decent idea on production. Infact, its already on the coming soon section of sideshow. I think its just round the corner.

I think it will come very soon. In today's world and in this business a prototype means they have a very decent idea on production. Infact, its already on the coming soon section of sideshow. I think its just round the corner.

Also from a business standpoint if there ever is the right time to strike......it's now!!! With the buzz it has going and the're anniversary not to far it's a sure winner. I'm ready to buy!

Howard says one thing, Web site says another...I think we're getting conflicting information, Batman.

It would be a huge missed opportunity if it's not released in 2015.

Knowing HT..all is in place for this. Shld go on preorder within next month or so...

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum and enjoy the info and opinions shared by everyone. Speaking of opinions, what do you guys think about HT making a Michael Knight and Kitt combo? I'm old school and I grew up watching that television series, those two would be the holy grail for me!! Don't know if that's been asked before on Sideshow Freaks before, but I'm curious as to what you guys think, It's a must make for me!

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum and enjoy the info and opinions shared by everyone. Speaking of opinions, what do you guys think about HT making a Michael Knight and Kitt combo? I'm old school and I grew up watching that television series, those two would be the holy grail for me!! Don't know if that's been asked before on Sideshow Freaks before, but I'm curious as to what you guys think, It's a must make for me!

Welcome ebro.

First, I would make a new thread asking that, since asking it here is off topic.

Second, while I loved the series, I would have zero interest in any collectible.

Why are some doubting that this will be released? Has Hot Toys ever shown and let Sideshow put up a preview and not release an item?

Back to the Future II popped up on cable a few times. I forgot how much fun the movie is. The Doc is so cool too. I think I might be in for the real deal...I thought Deloreans were like Ferraris back in the day. I never researched them at all. I've only seen a few in real life. I still remember the first time too. But looking at eBay and wiki it turns out that they aren't that expensive. Need to do more research. Just maybe...

People love to speculate. Unless disaster strikes i.e some rare issue... I feel this is surely happening and will be out in a month. I just hope doc etc happen and soon.. Thats my bigger worry...

Why are some doubting that this will be released? Has Hot Toys ever shown and let Sideshow put up a preview and not release an item?

Back to the Future II popped up on cable a few times. I forgot how much fun the movie is. The Doc is so cool too. I think I might be in for the real deal...I thought Deloreans were like Ferraris back in the day. I never researched them at all. I've only seen a few in real life. I still remember the first time too. But looking at eBay and wiki it turns out that they aren't that expensive. Need to do more research. Just maybe...

I'm sure this will be released but i worry it could be like the 66 Batmobile and just sit in the coming soon section forever.

I'm sure this will be released but i worry it could be like the 66 Batmobile and just sit in the coming soon section forever.

Its younger, larger fanbase will save the DeLorean from the same sort of development hell limbo that has swallowed up the 66 Batmobile. More people are willing to drop $600+ for the former rather than the latter.

Its younger, larger fanbase will save the DeLorean from the same sort of development hell limbo that has swallowed up the 66 Batmobile. More people are willing to drop $600+ for the former rather than the latter.

The batmobile will sell just as well

Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

The DeLorean is one of my favorite cars. I've been researching them and learning as much as possible so I can buy the real deal soon(hopefully). You will find the history of the car and the man, John Z. DeLorean, to be fascinating and intriguing. No other car (or man, John himself) in history has as many myths and misconceptions about it as the DeLorean. Some misconceptions such as the D being made of aluminum and having cocaine smuggled inside of them. Also, most people don't know John DeLorean was acquitted of all charges due to entrapment by the FBI and one of their informants who threatened the lives of DeLorean's wife and daughter. New entrapment laws were created as a result. It's a shame that most people don't know the truth. Very interesting history of the car and it's creator!

Anyways, back on topic, bring on the DeLorean!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back