Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actual car - pillar is a consistent width from top to bottom. Bonnet / Hood curves upward at the base of the windscreen to join the pillar.

door1.jpg

Hot Toys - Pillar is wide at the base and narrows at the top. Bonnet / Hood meets the pillar at a point.

door2.jpg

It seems every model Delorean has one tiny detail that isn't quite right. The first thing I looked for when I seen pictures of the Hot Toys version was the rear wheel arch, to see if they got it right. The wheel arch is not meant to be a perfectly round arch, and is slightly elongated. The 1:18 Hot Wheels model didn't get this right, but the 1/6 Hot Toys and 1:18 Sunstar models did.

Anyways, the A frame issue is not a deal breaker of course, nothing in this world is perfect haha

How is the "1955 version" any different than 85 other than the lightning rod? And the current Delorean doesn't say "1985 version," it just says "Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine." Has Chan or anyone indicated that they are planning on releasing the exact same car but with the lightning rod accessory? That'd be lame for people who bought this one.

It will come with the car.

That was confirmed in an interview or something or you're just assuming it will?

How is the "1955 version" any different than 85 other than the lightning rod? And the current Delorean doesn't say "1985 version," it just says "Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine." Has Chan or anyone indicated that they are planning on releasing the exact same car but with the lightning rod accessory? That'd be lame for people who bought this one.

That was confirmed in an interview or something or you're just assuming it will?

I'm assuming it will because they built the part on the proto that Doc builds in 1955.
Here's a breakdown of the differences between versions:

There are five versions of the car across the movies(Not counting interim stages, like the "wrapped up in the mine" version from the beginning of Pt3).
V1 is the one that both Einstein and Marty use to travel in time, powered both times by slugs of plutonium and makes the aforementioned two trips.
V2 has the clock on the dash, no plutonium, a lighting hook on the top that hooks into the flux capacitor(But is left in 1955 when the Delorean hits the cable), and makes two trips in time(That we know of): Marty travelling from 1955 to 1985, and Doc travelling from 1985 to 2015.
V3 is the hover-converted Mr.Fusion-powered version that Doc comes to 1985 to take Marty and Jennifer forward to 2015 in. It makes seven trips through time in Pt2(1: Doc travelling to get Marty and Jennifer, 2: Doc, Marty and Jennifer travelling to 2015, 3: Old Biff travelling to 1955, 4: Old Biff travelling back to 2015, 5: Doc, Marty and Jennifer travelling to 1985-C, 6: Doc and Marty travelling to 1955, and finally, 7: Doc being blasted back to 1885 by the lightning bolt.
V4 is the car Marty travels from 1955 to 1885 in. It is 70 years and 9 months older than the car he last travelled through time in, has new 1955 valve-technology electrical components to replace the fired microchip in the time circuits and 1955 wheel rims with whitewall tyres, and makes only one trip.
V5 is the car Marty uses to travel from 1885 to 1955 and is almost exactly the same as V4 except the wheels have been removed and steel railroad wheels have been fitted, and the car has a steam/temperature gauge hooked up to the locomotive.

Ha ha, the alarm clock on the dash. Can't have that without the rod! :lecture

Thanks for the breakdown. I hope you're right.

What we are ALL hoping for is the Delorean will have hover conversion wheels, come with the dash clock and lightning rod
This is too much of a high priced item to have multiple releases.

Probably too much to hope for a way of changing the "Destination Time" display. It should read either 1:35 am/1:24 am (depending on whether it's before or after Marty gave himself the extra 10 minutes) Oct 26th 1985 if it's going to truly represent the 1955 lightning storm version.

Probably too much to hope for a way of changing the "Destination Time" display. It should read either 1:35 am/1:24 am (depending on whether it's before or after Marty gave himself the extra 10 minutes) Oct 26th 1985 if it's going to truly represent the 1955 lightning storm version.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the entire front fascia of the time circuits comes off and there are a few to choose from.

Back