Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if it's possible to fit Doc in the car?

It can be done but his shoes i think need to be removed. Not my pic. Its a tight fit...
a8103d7a3f0eda4e2ffa57291d6b26f0-1.jpg

This was a far as i wanted to go and iirc i removed his shoe
IMG_2840-1.jpg

The only way i managed to get him in, was by dis-locating his head from the body. The head can't tilt forward enough to fit. Very poor design on HT's part.

Wonder if the rumors about this possibly getting a re-release are true. I would rather get more figures. Still this is the one sixth scale vehicle I maybe would consider.

Wonder if the rumors about this possibly getting a re-release are true. I would rather get more figures. Still this is the one sixth scale vehicle I maybe would consider.

If they do a DeLorean it better be the flying version they previewed!

It can be done but his shoes i think need to be removed. Not my pic. Its a tight fit...

This was a far as i wanted to go and iirc i removed his shoe

The only way i managed to get him in, was by dis-locating his head from the body. The head can't tilt forward enough to fit. Very poor design on HT's part.

Doc does fit (just), but I do take his shoes off. Partly so he fits easier but also to protect the antenna bits.

Thanks boys, I'll take off the shoes. A more polite Doc entering the car then.

I hate the prevalence of HT rumors nowadays as if someone has the inside scoop of the inner workings of the company. I've been following and collecting HT since 2010 and with the rise of algorithmic-worshipping-instamagramming Youtubers and FB groups that people like to perpetuate and treat rumors as facts. "Oh the DX20 will be a Heath Ledger Joker, based on what I've heard" "Youtuber X said that the Delorean WILL be re-issued" etc.

While I get that it's fun to speculate, there's just no real way to know unless you own an actual working time machine.

Yep I agree. However if I'm honest, "I want to believe" the Delorean rumours. That and a Marty re-release would be equivalent to Batman and Tumbler re-release.

Sure I get it, not so interesting to most subscribers to this thread as all probably own the original. However giving a second chance to others is no bad thing.

Anyway. I live in hope !!

The one reason I did not get the original Delorean.:mad:

I think a lot of people (myself included) passed on the Delorean at the time thinking we'll get the Pt II version, which possibly contributes to the absurd aftermarket prices today. Pretty sure back then it was in stock and at retail prices for quite awhile.

I think a lot of people (myself included) passed on the Delorean at the time thinking we'll get the Pt II version, which possibly contributes to the absurd aftermarket prices today. Pretty sure back then it was in stock and at retail prices for quite awhile.

ideally what they could do for a re-release would be to create a deluxe with both options.

Not sure if that would be easy to do or not ?

Are the differences significant ?

Anyway just a pipe dream either way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get the original DeLorean and would welcome a Part II version with hover wheels and Mr. Fusion (and to go with the lonely 2015 Doc and Marty outfits). It was a surprise that they reissued the Batman Begins Tumbler and Batman a few weeks ago, so you just never know...

I could only justify buying a reissue delorean if it comes with parts to make up all versions seen from the trilogy. Folding wheels and a coffee grinder just doesnt warrant spending $500 on something I pretty much already have.

I would have also thought there was more demand for a reissue keaton batman and batmobile. I know I would snap that up

Yeah I remember going through the same dilemma back then. I wanted the Pt II car but didn't want to miss out on the Pt I car. In the end I decided to buy the Pt I car with the intention of selling it on when the Pt II car was released. Needless to say several years latter I still have the Pt I car.

Does anyone have scratches on their Delorean that came out of nowhere? Mine hasn't been handled, but I noticed that there are some marks on the silver paint that turned it somewhat black, it's hard to notice unless I look really close. Thankfully it doesn't bother me as much but since I know it hasn't been bumped of mishandled, I'd prefer to take precautions. The 89 Batmobile if I recall had a notoriously fragile paint.

P/s: I managed to get Doc inside the car thanks to everyone's suggestion but decided to display him and Marty separately after seeing the figures inside the car kinda sorta makes it look like a playset instead of an expensive display piece. :lol

Back