Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm wondering when the PO comes up. I have a few questions:
1) I know the original did not come with an AC/DC adapter...how difficult was it to get one that worked with the car?

2) do you think this car will have upgrades from the original car (ie real license plate and light up time dial)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) I had an adapter that worked

2) the license plate will be a sticker-mark my words! The light feature for the undercarriage will likely be included but NOT the time circuit - Hot Toys is too cheap to include it.
If I didn't have the V1 I would get this, but I will likely pass on the V2.

I think it sold well, I remember the 89 car went to waitlist after like 6mo. Funny I looked at my Delorean shipper and it had an edition size? Mine showed like 29/530 anyone else saw that on the shipper?

mine was 289/490 and it was shipped from Japan

It's a consignment number.
Mine is 242 / 248.
So, the consignment that my batch came from was 248. Or in other words, there was an order made of 248 from my supply chain. Different supply chains will order different consignments. So, it may be difficult to actually determine the edition size.

Mine that arrived today from Sideshow was 78/480. My daughter was fussy and absorbed my time all day, so I'm just about to open it now that she went to bed.

Assuming everyone above is correct in the consignment number, that's at least 1,748 sold at wholesale. If their wholesale price is $340 roughly, then they grossed roughly $590,000. As an accountant, I would be fascinated to see their cost accounting, but I would suspect this was a profitable product, especially with the double-dip on most of the moulds.

1) I had an adapter that worked

2) the license plate will be a sticker-mark my words! The light feature for the undercarriage will likely be included but NOT the time circuit - Hot Toys is too cheap to include it.
If I didn't have the V1 I would get this, but I will likely pass on the V2.

Ok well that is my dilemma. I actually would prefer to display the Delorean with the wheels in ground mode and not flight mode (I love the hub caps)...so I am also hoping that this is an option. If the original went on sale or I could purchase cheaper from someone I'd maybe get the original...I kind of prefer the piece that was on the DeLorean instead of the Mr Fusion and the ability to have it fly is neat but I doubt I'd use it.

And that's another thing...what are the differences between the 1st and 2nd Deloreans aside from the flying positioned wheels and the Mr Fusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

License plate.
5c0f39b46fe664b0bb7bc617fdca8075.jpg

Free shipping pushed sales. Kind surprised it waitlisted. I went on it. Really want 2.0 version, but seeing that damn join waitlist makes you get on it. Dammit!

I'm saving for a real Delorean and am trying not to be distracted by any Hot Toys offering.

I'm saving for a real Delorean and am trying not to be distracted by any Hot Toys offering.

Like a really real one? One that can travel through time? Wow. Bet that's expensive. When you pick up a Sports Almanac from the fifties, could you please give each of us a betting result? That way we can all afford the V2 and new Marty. Thanks. :lol

Like a really real one? One that can travel through time? Wow. Bet that's expensive. When you pick up a Sports Almanac from the fifties, could you please give each of us a betting result? That way we can all afford the V2 and new Marty. Thanks. :lol

I hope you mean 2050's cause 1950's sports almanac is google! LOL

Which colour looks better for the floor of the delorean?

A

20160806_203929.jpg

Or B?

20160806_203921.jpg

Im thinking A is more accurate but B adds a bit more depth and stops the interior all looking the same colour.

Nicely done! I think "B'.

The grain of the fabric is nice too. Where did you get it?

I posted a quick screen cap from the movie HERE

Nicely done! I think "B'.

The grain of the fabric is nice too. Where did you get it?

I just bought some random fabric samples off ebay. Both turned out great really, so much so I dont know which to go with. Altogether, I spent £2.50 which is enough to cover both floors with both fabric. Hardest part was getting a template. This is what a mat looks like out of the car. I was gonna go with something similar to what FAN did but realised it doesnt need to go the whole length of the floor.

1470513696999.jpg

That's great. Do you have a link to the dark grey by any chance? That would be much appreciated.

That's great. Do you have a link to the dark grey by any chance? That would be much appreciated.

Search ebay listing :272227564972. Its 2626 dark grey. Sample size is 20cm x 20cm which is more than enough

"A" looks closer - but does seem to wash out with the other colours. It's a tough choice.

It really is. I think im going with the darker one as it looks good once I readded in the extra wires

20160806_211309.jpg

Back