1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This too
07d18ff20ee087e884c7a8badfaf4f0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I'm hoping that's posing! What happened to the shoulders?!? My god that's awful!
Nothing happened, as far as I can tell. Below is a comparison of the promo photos vs. In hand. The shoulders, like everything else, appear to be the same. I don't see any issues with the production armour so far, but of course I don't have it in hand.

Like every other die cast Iron Man, the shoulders will look dumb if not posed carefully.

0bd0ba27c53fdaa6a0522eda5c617399.jpg
ae6b6b82fca14e1fe1f0c30a885ea6a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Look how far out the arms are from the torso. Instead of meeting the torso and shoulder at the same point and the upper bicep going into the ribs, they just drop straight down from the shoulders and there's a gap all the way up to the armpit. I'm warey of jumping the gun on early photos until more people get these in hand, but with HT lately it wouldn't surprise me if the re-engineered the shoulder joint to avoid paint rub, proportions be damned.

Those are awful comparison shots

Check out this actual review including the unboxing

https://youtu.be/L8vuocSTWuE

This is a beautiful piece

Is it $500 beauty...well..

Yes, good lighting makes a world of difference. The headsculpt is still bad, but at least the proportions look better in this quick video. I'm still not a fan of how they designed the shoulder armor - it simply looks too bulky and it doesn't seem like one can completely close up the gap for a museum pose. I would have preferred it was a bit more streamlined like the Mark 50. IMO the shoulder armor in the movie was somewhere between that and what we have here.

Nothing happened, as far as I can tell. Below is a comparison of the promo photos vs. In hand. The shoulders, like everything else, appear to be the same. I don't see any issues with the production armour so far, but of course I don't have it in hand.

Like every other die cast Iron Man, the shoulders will look dumb if not posed carefully.

This review will put all the naysay to rest ..he has great closeups . This is really a gem to have if you don’t mind the hefty price

Look how far out the arms are from the torso. Instead of meeting the torso and shoulder at the same point and the upper bicep going into the ribs, they just drop straight down from the shoulders and there's a gap all the way up to the armpit. I'm warey of jumping the gun on early photos until more people get these in hand, but with HT lately it wouldn't surprise me if the re-engineered the shoulder joint to avoid paint rub, proportions be damned.

The more I watch these videos, the more I wonder if any of these guys have actually pushed those telescoping shoulder joints back into the body until they're fully seated. If not, that would explain the unusually large gap we're seeing between the arms and body.

This review will put all the naysay to rest ..he has great closeups . This is really a gem to have if you don’t mind the hefty price

Great close-ups of his hands. :lol

The more I watch these videos, the more I wonder if any of these guys have actually pushed those telescoping shoulder joints back into the body until they're fully seated. If not, that would explain the unusually large gap we're seeing between the arms and body.

Iron Man shoulders often look extra-wide or gapped because people don't take the time to seat the shoulder sockets and rotate the shoulder pads.

That's actually the least of my concerns with this one. Like I said, not a disaster, but really not what I hoped for.

I feel bad for the sculptor that made this head sculpt. Imagine realizing your work is so reviled that your company had to make an unprecedented move and allow your sculpt to be swapped out for another. A punch in the gut when it comes to your self-confidence.

I feel bad for the sculptor that made this head sculpt. Imagine realizing your work is so reviled that your company had to make an unprecedented move and allow your sculpt to be swapped out for another. A punch in the gut when it comes to your self-confidence.

Could also be the fault of the art director or the client. Sculptor may be feeling smug right now.

At the end of the day its the mass produced production sculpts that are bad, these steep dropoffs from proto to production lately aren't the sculptors fault. Odds are they have changed/cheapened the reproduction and production painting process more than anything

I can’t believe the ebayers still have their in stock orders up..I know they know that HT issued the replacements

If I were these import sellers I’d take all the in stock posts off until they get the replacement heads

Who do they think are actually going to purchase this figure now if HT has the replacement sculpt coming :dunno

They are not the same as far as I can tell. The final version looks inferior to the proto.

Does anyone like anything on this at all or is it just a echo chamber of criticism ATM ?. Haha

Should be on the way to me soon and unless the Trainwreck Brexit screws up imports more, early January I'll post some pictures if it helps anyone. I've got nothing more than a crappy phone cam but I'm happy to try and contribute by helping people and show a figure off if I can.

I'm getting the feeling majority are hesitant to buy this now and relying on the few "influencer" posts for any info ?.

I'm holding out till I have the stock head in hand before I judge. Looks a bit pouty to me but still looking good.

Not wanting to argue or downplay anyone's concerns. Peace and be peace.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Back