1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a sculpt From mark 46 , 47 or 50

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

It is new: (note the part circled in green)

85.jpg

Mark 50 on the left, 85 on the right.

comp.jpg

He looks older, and a bit sadder.
His brow is furrowed a bit more.
His hair is styled a bit different and is slightly shorter and has blond highlights.
But I have a feeling the final version might look different from this, as he should be lightly graying around the temples also.

I still feel this sculpt (as it is in these pictures) would look better with mark 50 than the one it came with.
Now the real question... Why doesn't Team Suit Tony also have the new sculpt?

It is new: (note the part circled in green)

View attachment 455145

Mark 50 on the left, 85 on the right.

View attachment 455146

He looks older, and a bit sadder.
His brow is furrowed a bit more.
His hair is styled a bit different and is slightly shorter and has blond highlights.
But I have a feeling the final version might look different from this, as he should be lightly graying around the temples also.

I still feel this sculpt (as it is in these pictures) would look better with mark 50 than the one it came with.
Now the real question... Why doesn't Team Suit Tony also have the new sculpt?

Either it's a placeholder - or I imagine it's because the team suits will come out long before this ever does, and the sculpt won't be ready for it.

Either it's a placeholder - or I imagine it's because the team suits will come out long before this ever does, and the sculpt won't be ready for it.

85 and Team Suit Stark have the same ETA of "Jul 2020 - Sep 2020" on sideshow and "Q3-Q4 2020" on the official website.

They changed it for Cap so I don't see why they couldn't change it for Team suit stark too.

I think it looked much better than the cartoony looking mk50

Well the 85 still has that overly sleek and form-fitted look as the 50 which I'm not crazy about. The reason it probably works better for me in figure form is it's got some broader shoulders and a bulkier look (although perhaps a bit too bulky when you see a comparison like below).

jjjkk.jpg

It's all subjective but I've gotta' say the Hot Toys 85 looks so much better than that suit did in the movie to me.. bleepity bleep.

Does an Iron Man figure differ from prototype figure to final product? The shoulders in the movie are noticeably thinner than the figure. Does stuff like this changes?
Hope they change it, looks a little too buff, especially on pictures when his arms are up.
510ce4bc5dc5307a9b9e0b9993e56e5f.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBB100-2 met Tapatalk

The 50 changed quite a bit from proto IIRC.

I agree that the figure does look to be a quite a bit bulkier than the movie suit. It's got a slimmer profile in the movie.

I think the shoulders need some trimming down.

That poster art does look like it has a wider torso than the CG suit though.

Last edited:

I agree that the figure does look to be a quite a bit bulkier than the movie suit. It's got a slimmer profile in the movie.

I believe most of the mark 50's changes weren't in the sculpt, disregarding the updated thrusters. The changes I can think of are the line work on the hands, and the silver in the chest-piece, near the arms. I feel Hot Toys isn't going to slim the shoulders unfortunately. I could always be wrong tho, I am not a fan of bulk. It makes his lower body look too small. I also think his neck is too long.

Last edited:
I believe most of the mark 50's changes weren't in the sculpt, disregarding the updated thrusters. The changes I can think of are the line work on the hands, and the silver in the chest-piece, near the arms. I feel Hot Toys isn't going to slim the shoulders unfortunately. I could always be wrong tho, I am not a fan of bulk. It makes his lower body look too small. I also think his neck is too long.
Ahhh so it wasn't major body work then?

Looking back at some of the display photos he doesn't look as bulky as the promo pics. He's like a lean bulky [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I think the shoulders need some trimming down.

That poster art does look like it has a wider torso than the CG suit though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the proportions changed a bit over the course of the movie. The shot on the previous page is from a suiting up scene, so they probably needed to make the suit conform more to his body in that case.

I do agree though the shoulders on the HT figure are a little too broad. And the proportions on the 50 seem to be a lot more accurate to the movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if the proportions changed a bit over the course of the movie. The shot on the previous page is from a suiting up scene, so they probably needed to make the suit conform more to his body in that case.

I do agree though the shoulders on the HT figure are a little too broad. And the proportions on the 50 seem to be a lot more accurate to the movie.

Yeah I'm sure proportions change from scene to scene as well. I think the problem is we don't have any other proper shots from the front of the movie suit to compare the figure to. Every other scene he's in some sort of action pose so it's hard for me to judge.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll like it anyway! Pretty much 100% of the time I like the in hand photos better which is further amplified when I get the figure myself.

This has potential to be my favourite Iron Man figure alongside the 6 and 46.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I feel arc reactor just way too low and head way too small. Messed up entire torso proportion.

Here is my photoshop fix

HT iron man mark 85.jpg

Back