1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're probably working on a bent arm as well.

Does look pretty cool though.

81224117_896041307459669_6719632125940727808_o.jpg

Literally no one would ever look at this Thanos with the hulk gauntlet on display and be like, 'THAT'S ALL WRONG!'
Maybe, but on this forum, people nitpick every detail.
I remember my very first post on this forum was back in 2012. I was so excited to get my Avengers Mark VII Iron Man. I proudly posed him in front of an American flag and posted my pic. Within minutes users were making fun of it; calling it the Mark Giraffe Neck Edition because apparently his neck was too long. Sure, there was room for improvements, and the new Diecast version fixes most of that, but I took the unnecessary comments pretty hard because Id just dropped $300 on the figure.
Some people will dog anything, but you dont have to worry about that first user who dissed my first Marvel Hot Toy.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0eec8f93bcab1219a6db7023611ba774/tumblr_oawt7u98Ye1rrkahjo4_400.gif

its not terribly surprising to me I guess. They didn't need to do too much to get this one out, just put the armor on the IW version and include the sword. If there's a BD version, I imagine that'd have the bent arm and snapping nano gauntlet. Really no different from them putting the 85 out right away and then coming out with the BD one later on.

After not preordering because I wanted to make sure there was a basic left arm I ordered this bad boy to stand next to the infinity war version. Also helps I just finished a 400 dollar painting job to pay for it. I can?t wait

Maybe, but on this forum, people nitpick every detail.
I remember my very first post on this forum was back in 2012. I was so excited to get my Avengers Mark VII Iron Man. I proudly posed him in front of an American flag and posted my pic. Within minutes users were making fun of it; calling it the Mark Giraffe Neck Edition because apparently his neck was too long. Sure, there was room for improvements, and the new Diecast version fixes most of that, but I took the unnecessary comments pretty hard because Id just dropped $300 on the figure.
Some people will dog anything, but you dont have to worry about that first user who dissed my first Marvel Hot Toy.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/0eec8f93bcab1219a6db7023611ba774/tumblr_oawt7u98Ye1rrkahjo4_400.gif

Did you buy that secondhand? I just ask because that?s a bit much for the Mark 7 amd that wasn?t diecast. I got it for like $224 but that was new from a distributor.

It won’t be painted. Marco never pains his stuff. So you’ll end up paying $400 for those parts and paint.

Did you buy that secondhand? I just ask because that?s a bit much for the Mark 7 amd that wasn?t diecast. I got it for like $224 but that was new from a distributor.

Yes. I got the figure after it sold out at Sideshow. Ended up nabbing it NIB in the marketplace here on SSF for $300 shipped. He was going for $360 on eBay at the time too. So I guess the hype was pretty real. I was thinking it was 2012 (because thats the year I started collecting HT), but I think it might have been 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won?t be painted. Marco never pains his stuff. So you?ll end up paying $400 for those parts and paint.
The sculpt will probably be passed around and some other third party will sell it painted. I think he sells his sculpts for only around $30-$50.

He also said he's considering doing a pre-bent arm so it'll end up happening eventually.

Interesting comparison video.

Can?t go wrong with either depending on which look you prefer, but I really like that they kind of tightened up the bicep and elbow area on the EG one as compared to the IW one, where you don?t get all that bunched up skin/rubber at the elbow. Even without bending the arm, the bicep and elbow area on the EG figure looks tighter to me and not as flabby as the IW one. Also cool that they shortened the length of the gauntlet so it clears the bicep when bending the elbow.

And man, that GotG Thanos looks utterly pathetic compared to the Avengers ones.

Interesting comparison video.

Can?t go wrong with either depending on which look you prefer, but I really like that they kind of tightened up the bicep and elbow area on the EG one as compared to the IW one, where you don?t get all that bunched up skin/rubber at the elbow. Even without bending the arm, the bicep and elbow area on the EG figure looks tighter to me and not as flabby as the IW one. Also cool that they shortened the length of the gauntlet so it clears the bicep when bending the elbow.

And man, that GotG Thanos looks utterly pathetic compared to the Avengers ones.

Man all that comparison and they didn't even check if the pre-bent arm fits on the Armoured version. I mean I'm sure it will, however that's what a lot of people want to know. It does look like the shoulder piece will still sit in place OK even without magnet. If not, a bit of blu tack or something should suffice.

Yeah, the Guardians version does look bad., But I guess Marvel must have also changed their data on how big he actually is in the "real world" :lol.

Back