1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after my 3rd viewing i think they could really almost do another version with
Spoiler Spoiler:

Future exclusive :dunno

BD Civil War Cap had less noticable changes than this could

I hope you're wrong just cause I don't wanna spend anymore money on a 3rd Thanos in the future. :lol

I hope you're wrong just cause I don't wanna spend anymore money on a 3rd Thanos in the future. :lol

Yes I agree. All the secrecy has probably put Hot Toys in an interesting position. What do they do now with this figure ?

1). They either leave it as is and bring out some other Deluxe edition which would annoy all those who have pre-ordered this one.

2). If they decide to charge circa $240 for an accessory kit here including an additional arm etc many will be very annoyed at that. (Around $100 could seem appropriate , but HT doesn't do sub $100 anything). Although thinking about it, I guess there was that Antman+Antony mini pack for less than $100.

3). They include the accessory with this version. We've all spent so much on figures throughout the 10 year MCU period, they could just include a "right" hand accessory. But I'm sure "good will" won't play a part here as it's business.

Losing an NRD to upgrade to a deluxe would really suck.

For what it’s worth I think you made a good decision by pulling the trigger on this figure. I have a feeling that in the future you would regret not picking this up, I think it is going to be a great piece to add to most any collection. I am pretty sure that Hot Toys will do a superb job on this version of Thanos and as you said this may be the last one they make. I can’t imagine how much these will go for once they sell out at online retailers and Sideshow ...congratulations!!!!

I think I did as well. Thanks!

Wow surprised to see you sat on the fence for a bit before pulling the trigger on the definitive Thanos. I swapped my IW preorder for the EG one after 2 days of buyer's remorse. :lol

Just weighing different options. I’m a bit more judicious and selective about what I buy now days. I have figures that I purchase some before that I probably wouldn’t get today.

I can see scalpers easily trying to price it at the $800-900 range...possibly even $1k!

I can see that too. Thanos I think is going to end up being a popular film villain, and I think this version is going to be considered the definitive version.

So after my 3rd viewing i think they could really almost do another version with
Spoiler Spoiler:

Future exclusive :dunno

BD Civil War Cap had less noticable changes than this could

That’d definitely be an easy way to milk this line.

Yes I agree. All the secrecy has probably put Hot Toys in an interesting position. What do they do now with this figure ?

1). They either leave it as is and bring out some other Deluxe edition which would annoy all those who have pre-ordered this one.

2). If they decide to charge circa $240 for an accessory kit here including an additional arm etc many will be very annoyed at that. (Around $100 could seem appropriate , but HT doesn't do sub $100 anything). Although thinking about it, I guess there was that Antman+Antony mini pack for less than $100.

3). They include the accessory with this version. We've all spent so much on figures throughout the 10 year MCU period, they could just include a "right" hand accessory. But I'm sure "good will" won't play a part here as it's business.

Losing an NRD to upgrade to a deluxe would really suck.

I may be in the minority, but I personally couldn’t care less about a deluxe BD version of this figure that includes a Stark Gauntlet and a broken sword. What this figure currently comes with is exactly what I want with my Thanos. I’d personally be more annoyed actually if they were to swap the Infinity Gauntlet for a Stark Gauntlet. This figure including the Infinity Gauntlet is what makes it more versatile and therefore, desirable to me, because it can represent both IW and EG.

The only thing I wish this had that the IW one has is a pre-bent Gauntlet arm, but no biggie.

You know, after thinking about it, I could see HT actually not doing another BD Thanos that includes the Stark Gauntlet. Rationale: it’s pretty much a near certainty that the secret accessory with Mk 85 will be the Stark Gauntlet. Make it compatible with Thanos and you have a case of “if you want this accessory, you gotta get this figure.” I think more people would be more enticed to get Thanos and IM for obvious reasons, than they would to get two of Thanos. Making two of Thanos would basically cannibalize sales, as opposed to including another important accessory with another important (and expensive) popular character.

But at the same time, they might figure IM is going to sell anyway for obvious reasons and doesn’t require any extra incentive, and vice versa with Thanos.

Iron Man doesn’t wear the large gauntlet though. His suit snatches the stones from the Stark Gauntlet without Thanos noticing. The Gauntlet that Thanos puts on looks more like the one Professor Hulk wears than what Iron Man’s MK85 nano tech forms around the stones. I’m thinking IM MK85 will come with a gauntlet more suited for his size. Maybe Professor Hulk will come with a bigger one Thanos can wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, after thinking about it, I could see HT actually not doing another BD Thanos that includes the Stark Gauntlet. Rationale: it’s pretty much a near certainty that the secret accessory with Mk 85 will be the Stark Gauntlet. Make it compatible with Thanos and you have a case of “if you want this accessory, you gotta get this figure.” I think more people would be more enticed to get Thanos and IM for obvious reasons, than they would to get two of Thanos. Making two of Thanos would basically cannibalize sales, as opposed to including another important accessory with another important (and expensive) popular character.

But at the same time, they might figure IM is going to sell anyway for obvious reasons and doesn’t require any extra incentive, and vice versa with Thanos.

Only problem with that is the size diffrence with the gauntlet as it expanded to fit Hulk so it was much bigger and would not fit Stark. The one Stark used was not much bigger than his regular hand.

Hot toys basically sold the same ROTS Anakin with a repainted sith eyes and an extra stand as an exclusive (among others). I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see a battle damage or a convention exclusive of him with the Stark Gauntlet. I could see more that they drop the Stark's one with the Hulk figure, since they have the same arm size and could be compatible. The one that will come with Iron Man will surely be his standard size for him. But, again, I completely see HT making a BD exclusive with the Stark Gauntlet.

Yeah that’s true regarding the gauntlet size. Perhaps with Hulk then as mentioned, but I don’t see Professor Hulk being a popular figure. Due to his sheer size, Hulk is another character I think most would only have one version of, and PH wouldn’t be it, gauntlet or not.

Whatever they do they have to a version of Thanos with the Stark Gauntlet. It was a massive part in the film that in the end caused someone to die.

Thanos had the Stark Gauntlet for only a moment, and didn’t even get to use it. I’d be more interested in that Gauntlet to have Iron Spider holding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had the Stark gauntlet on for a couple minutes. Captain Marvel stopped his first snap attempt by almost tearing his fingers off until he took the power stone off with his left hand and knocked her into next week. It was only after he put the power stone back that Stark jumped on him to absorb the stones into his armor. They really should include a wearable Stark gauntlet with this Thanos either with or without the stones. It would make more sense than the left handed gauntlet since the only time Thanos had the real gauntlet while wearing his full armor was at the beginning of Infinity War. And he only had 1 or 2 stones at that point.

And the only reason Stark died was because he was wearing it. It would be like the HT IW Thor having Mjolnir instead of the axe, it's very inaccurate and ignores a major part of the movie.

They can keep this one as is but make another more accurate one also.

Accuracy aside, would you guys rather have Thanos holding a Stark Gauntlet, or an Infinity Gauntlet?

As I’ve mentioned before, what makes this Thanos desirable to me is because it includes the Infinity Gauntlet, but also his sword. That to me makes him capable of representing both IW and EG. Granted as mentioned, he only had the Power Stone at the beginning of IW while in full armor, but would anyone really want an Infinity Gauntlet with only the Power Stone for sake of accuracy?

I agree though that the best way to appease both crowds is simply include a SG with this figure, or make a separate BD Armored Thanos with the SG and a broken sword.

Accuracy aside, would you guys rather have Thanos holding a Stark Gauntlet, or an Infinity Gauntlet?

As I’ve mentioned before, what makes this Thanos desirable to me is because it includes the Infinity Gauntlet, but also his sword. That to me makes him capable of representing both IW and EG. Granted as mentioned, he only had the Power Stone at the beginning of IW while in full armor, but would anyone really want an Infinity Gauntlet with only the Power Stone for sake of accuracy?

I agree though that the best way to appease both crowds is simply include a SG with this figure, or make a separate BD Armored Thanos with the SG and a broken sword.

I have the same thoughts. Just bring me this exactly like promo photos.

Stark Gauntlet.

The fully equipped Infinity Gauntlet on this figure just seems wrong. Armoured Thanos never successfully snapped, but was still respectably bad ass in his own right without any gauntlet. Display him that way. Anyone who wants a IW version should get the IW Thanos— with the gauntlet as he snapped. One version for both movies? Has Hot Toys ever been in the business of saving us money and shelf space? :lol

I’m really not sure which way Hot Toys swings it with the final product though. Something tells me they update pictures ala Mark 50’s updated ‘wings’ and update the gauntlet.

I've re-ordered IW Thanos for showing off the big bad with the Infinity Gauntlet and I will be displaying Endgame Thanos with a clean left hand & sword (or Stark Gauntlet if it gets added) in the right hand.

I have a feeling here anyone already with IW Thanos will want a SG instead of the IG on this figure, and anyone who just wants one figure to represent Thanos will want either both or the IW as you say as a decent representation.

I also don't care that much for 100% screen accuracy. For me it's more about representation of the character on the shelf.

Is it just me or does the head look big on this version? Maybe it's the angle of the shots. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Back