1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else have a Thanos with a loose waist? If I lift him up, his legs sway side to side very easily. It’s not too big of an issue for me since I was going to have him on the stand anyways since I’m keeping him on top of my Detolf shelf but if it’s defective, I may consider contacting Sideshow. I remember watching Justin’s YT review and he has the same issue but I’m not sure if this is supposed to be normal or not.

Since I'm in the crowd who will be displaying this figure with the mindset that it's IW Thanos with full armor and a complete gauntlet, I decided to nab the IW Thanos display base off eBay and will be using it in place of the included EG base. I have a space all ready for this guy alongside my other Thanos collectibles...

s0qa0HE.png

I am buying an armored thanos for sure but i cant decide if i want to go the hot toys route or the iron studios route. I like both but have to choose 1 or the other. ****ing tough decision for sure. Any advice from fellow collectors? I realize this the figure thread so answers may be slightly bias toward ht but if you could have either one which one would it be (forget about price difference) and why??

If i did go with iron studios for my clean armored version i could always buy hot toys battle damaged thanos to go with my 1/6 figures later on

But regardless need to choose between the two clean armored versions any feedback would be appreciated

No, he didn't yet have the glove on in EG as he had no stones. But IMO the armoured version with Infinify Gauntlet is his most badass look, so although it's not screen accurate it's the only one I want to display.

Yep exactly. For me he's about representation of the ultimate Thanos. Others may want 100% movie accuracy, and that's fine. But this is the guy for me !

Screw screen accuracy just give me a mostly clean shiny armored Thanos with his regular IG with all of the stones in it, Thanos at his most perfect form, done!

I want the version that kicked Hulks ass on my shelf plus with some additional stones for added visual aesthetics to show power and perfection!

My sentiments as well.

Even though technically the IG with all stones isn’t accurate with the armored look, I personally wouldn’t want only one stone in the gauntlet just for sake of being a complete stickler for scene accuracy. Based on the way he manhandled Thor, Loki, and Hulk in one scene while wearing his armor and only having one stone, Armored Thanos with the IG containing all stones represents him at what would be his strongest to me: fully armored, all stones collected.

What I also like about this Thanos offering though is the fact it also includes his blade and a regular hand, so you can have him EG accurate if you so wish. So to me, it’s the best Thanos to have to represent him from both IW and EG films as opposed to being specific to only one of the two.

My sentiments as well.

Even though technically the IG with all stones isn?t accurate with the armored look, I personally wouldn?t want only one stone in the gauntlet just for sake of being a complete stickler for scene accuracy. Based on the way he manhandled Thor, Loki, and Hulk in one scene while wearing his armor and only having one stone, Armored Thanos with the IG containing all stones represents him at what would be his strongest to me: fully armored, all stones collected.

What I also like about this Thanos offering though is the fact it also includes his blade and a regular hand, so you can have him EG accurate if you so wish. So to me, it?s the best Thanos to have to represent him from both IW and EG films as opposed to being specific to only one of the two.

/\THIS/\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sentiments as well.

Even though technically the IG with all stones isn?t accurate with the armored look, I personally wouldn?t want only one stone in the gauntlet just for sake of being a complete stickler for scene accuracy. Based on the way he manhandled Thor, Loki, and Hulk in one scene while wearing his armor and only having one stone, Armored Thanos with the IG containing all stones represents him at what would be his strongest to me: fully armored, all stones collected

What I also like about this Thanos offering though is the fact it also includes his blade and a regular hand, so you can have him EG accurate if you so wish. So to me, it?s the best Thanos to have to represent him from both IW and EG films as opposed to being specific to only one of the two.

Yes,

I also agree on all the points above.

Furthermore since I am a one figure per character guy (very limiting I know), I try to get the most definitive representation of the figures I want. In the case of Thanos this armored Endgame version is it. I personally don?t feel the need to be very concerned about screen accuracy since the MCU takes plenty of liberties with/alters story lines and the appearance of characters significantly from what they were in the comics so why should I get hung-up on screen accuracy??

I am not criticizing folks for whom screen accuracy is important, I am merely explaining why it is not a big priority for me.

Yes,

I also agree on all the points above.

Furthermore since I am a one figure per character guy (very limiting I know), I try to get the most definitive representation of the figures I want. In the case of Thanos this armored Endgame version is it. I personally don?t feel the need to be very concerned about screen accuracy since the MCU takes plenty of liberties with/alters story lines and the appearance of characters significantly from what they were in the comics so why should I get hung-up on screen accuracy??

I am not criticizing folks for whom screen accuracy is important, I am merely explaining why it is not a big priority for me.

Yep, I'm a one figure per character guy too. (Well mostly). ROTJ Jedi Luke, Stormtroopers and a couple of others with two managed to sneak their way in. But in any case I'm also always after the best depiction of a character possible.

I am buying an armored thanos for sure but i cant decide if i want to go the hot toys route or the iron studios route. I like both but have to choose 1 or the other. ****ing tough decision for sure. Any advice from fellow collectors? I realize this the figure thread so answers may be slightly bias toward ht but if you could have either one which one would it be (forget about price difference) and why??

If i did go with iron studios for my clean armored version i could always buy hot toys battle damaged thanos to go with my 1/6 figures later on

But regardless need to choose between the two clean armored versions any feedback would be appreciated

I will personally go with the Hot Toys Thanos because of the multiple posing options. The 1/6 scale size also works better for my available display space.

Nice video thanks for posting it.

First time I noticed the purple hue in the armor I think your natural light helped that stand out more.

He is impressive but keep your IW version you will regret selling it later lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool review and collection. :clap

So if you want to swap the gauntlet out for a regular hand on his left arm, is the gauntlet two separate pieces then where the hand portion disconnects and you then simply slide the gauntlet portion off of his forearm?

Also before selling IW Thanos, make sure you sanitize the fixed-bent arm on the spot where the paint rub was at, where you licked your finger and tried to rub it off. :lol

Back