1/6 Hot Toys Avengers End Game - War Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
58453820_293684251563128_6253387983076486224_n.jpg

Another look at its weaponry. Absolute god damn shane we didnt see this guy in action. Hand cannons, leg canons, shoulder missles, big boy rail gun. Damn damn damn

We know HT will make this, it's just a matter of when. However, I really don't care for the Patriot colors. I thought it was typical Black and Silver WM colors from the promo shots, but this clearly has red, white, and blue.

A Patriot liveried Chungus might tempt me as it will contrast very nicely to the Mark IV and also the white & grey of a Quantum Team 006 (if Hot Toys produce that one). Three very different looking War Machines.

As long as the Hot Toy's blue remains a dark navy blue that can almost be mistaken for charcoal in the right lighting (as it appears in the majority of scenes), I'm still into it. I don't mind the blue. I just don't want a strong blue like 3's Patriot.

The colors look close to the colors on rockets outfit

I feel like Rocket had a part to play in making this armor honestly. With his line of "You're only a genius on earth" to Tony and his love of heavy weaponry and tinkering with weapons, it makes it kind of plausible. I think it's possible that it's the Mark 005 but wasn't needed during the five year gap due to relatively smaller threats around the world compared to what happened with Thanos.

We know HT will make this, it's just a matter of when. However, I really don't care for the Patriot colors. I thought it was typical Black and Silver WM colors from the promo shots, but this clearly has red, white, and blue.

Looks more like blue, red and silver to me but I could be wrong.

I'm sure HT won't miss the opportunity to release another edition with standard WM colors. I mean, they did that with the Mark 002 a.k.a Iron Patriot. Iron Patriot, IM3 version with WM colors, and then an actual canon release for AoU.

Last edited:
This is one of two flaws I have with EG. There was literally no explanation of how he got the new suit. This was not setup earlier in the film and doesn’t make sense in the film. I’m sure there is a reason that happened off screen, but without commentary from the directors/writers this feels like a plot hole. While it’s not a gaping plot hole, it does bother me. I would have loved a scene with Rocket making the new suit. I’m a WM fan and was really looking forward to the trailer version (which was shown in early promo materials). I’m fairly bummed about this. The coloring is particularly annoying with no explanation.

This is one of two flaws I have with EG. There was literally no explanation of how he got the new suit. This was not setup earlier in the film and doesn’t make sense in the film. I’m sure there is a reason that happened off screen, but without commentary from the directors/writers this feels like a plot hole. While it’s not a gaping plot hole, it does bother me. I would have loved a scene with Rocket making the new suit. I’m a WM fan and was really looking forward to the trailer version (which was shown in early promo materials). I’m fairly bummed about this. The coloring is particularly annoying with no explanation.

Most of the time, War Machine's suits appear with no backstory. With Tony we understand that the suit is always evolving because that's what he does, but War Machine kinda just gets upgraded along the way with no real reason why. I feel like his suit just gets upgraded along the way as Tony doesn't want him to be left behind.

I do get what you're saying though. A sudden change, especially with the colors and no explanation is frustrating!

had a $25 coupon just about to expire, so was between this or the Mark 4. Went Mark 4 without much thought, this armor just doesn't do much for me.

If the bulky Mark6 comes out, I have a feeling I might grab that. The Iron Patriot colors throw me off a bit, but then again it might looked amazing in person.

Most of the time, War Machine's suits appear with no backstory. With Tony we understand that the suit is always evolving because that's what he does, but War Machine kinda just gets upgraded along the way with no real reason why. I feel like his suit just gets upgraded along the way as Tony doesn't want him to be left behind.

I do get what you're saying though. A sudden change, especially with the colors and no explanation is frustrating!

I feel like since Tony was out of the game for 5 years that it was Rocket who helped Rhodey upgrade the suit and somehow the two of them accessed it from the rubble just before joining the fight.

Probably it was cut, the Russo's say the final battle was chopped up good. Hopefully on the Blu Ray.

60072569_10219042669401902_4333744962282717184_n.jpg

For further confirmation of iron patriot here is offcial vfx work released recently
5cd966c721000035008024b5.jpg

They were in avengers HQ. If there's going to be another Warmachine suit somewhere, it's probably there.
I don't really think it needed to be explained.

They probably could have had a shot of him pulling aside a piece of building and pulling a lever to open a suit compartment, but then that would have cut the legs out of his suited reveal with rocket and antman

Ultimately it's a decision made in service of maintaining the hype instead of slowing down to explain to everyone that there are indeed more WM armors in Avengers HQ, which everyone can assume anyway

I mean, at least it is unique, I give it that. The War Machines all start blurring together a bit to be honest.

View attachment 453657
It's a lovely dark shade in the movie as opposed to the art posted above.
I do enjoy that it's unique. I think Warmachine has sort of gotten the short end of the stick in the MCU, the only time he hasn't felt like an afterthought was IM2.

Back