Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Avatar is official

The movie seems to have the exact same plot as that animted movie 'Battle for Terra' or whatever it was called, anyone remember that ?

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the Navi, I so hope the movie is good, as the figure line has a lot of potential.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the Navi, I so hope the movie is good, as the figure line has a lot of potential.

Same here!!! :)

The news of HT having Avatar and Clash Of The Titans just made my weekend even better!!!!! :rock :rock :rock

lol at idiots who pre-judge movies before watching them. :rolleyes:

btw, this also includes people who claim way beforehand that the movie's gonna be mind-blowing. but at least these people are coming from a positive perspective.

Saw the film friday night... Its truly amazing (& saw james cameron) i'm definately getting the navi's!!

lol at idiots who pre-judge movies before watching them. :rolleyes:

btw, this also includes people who claim way beforehand that the movie's gonna be mind-blowing. but at least these people are coming from a positive perspective.

Yes totaly agree, it's ridiculous :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie, but I really have no interest in any collectibles from it.

since i'm a fool who knows nothing about movies, what should i, uh, "research" to make me appreciate Avatar?

i've seen just about every Cameron movie. that certainly isn't improving my outlook. my dvd collection is mostly german expressionist, japanese jedigeki dramas, classic animation and french art house movies. i doubt that's gonna change how generic and hackneyed the plot is. the visuals look as garish and excessive as every Michael Bay cgi blockbuster made in the last several years. so, just what am i missing here?

like i said earlier, i've seen Cameron's movies. i'm pretty sure i know exactly what i'm in for.
he is not known for subtlety and original storytelling. in fact, here's the plot - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_me_Joe

i'd never say this movie will be as bad as Battlefield Earth. i'm just calling a spade a spade here. it's more of Cameron's juvenile generic popcorn scifi. and his audience will eat it up no matter what anyone says. but, you're free to educate me on the finer details and narrative of all the explosions and one-liners in Avatar after you see it.

one of those elitist type, eh? no wonder you cant enjoy a cameron film. but for such a big film snob, you should also know that there are no such thing as original stories anymore. the trick to tell the old one with fresh eye. i think even kubrick said that once. starwars borrow wholesale from kurosawa films, indiana jones is a quatermain ripoff, jaws is part moby ????, matrix is part cameron, part john woo, part gibson, part shirow. district 9 is... want to try that one? the references are just too obvious.

it's cameron. it's epic sci-fi. it's enjoying 90% ratings on RT. it's buzzing with best picture oscar nom. and "battlefield earth" is the best you could do??? why is it in any internet forums i've come across, the idiots always sound the same? you'd think there'd be more variations to them or something.

they doubted him with titanic. and he proved everyone wrong. now people are doubting him again. and avatar proved them wrong again. see a pattern there?

do not bet against the king of the world.

one of those elitist type, eh? no wonder you cant enjoy a cameron film. but for such a big film snob, you should also know that there are no such thing as original stories anymore. the trick to tell the old one with fresh eye. i think even kubrick said that once. starwars borrow wholesale from kurosawa films, indiana jones is a quatermain ripoff, jaws is part moby ????, matrix is part cameron, part john woo, part gibson, part shirow. district 9 is... want to try that one? the references are just too obvious.
great. first i'm a fool who knows nothing about movies. now all of the sudden i'm a film elitist snob.
you fanboys need to make up your minds. thanks for reading wikipedia before responding anyway though.

If this is a sign of things to come, then I don't look forward to the day when people here have actually seen the movie. Oh, the bickering. :lol

Or maybe I do look forward to it?

I'm sure the team at Hot Toys are going to see it, if just for reference. I doubt they've done much work on the prospective figures just yet.

great. first i'm a fool who knows nothing about movies. now all of the sudden i'm a film elitist snob.
you fanboys need to make up your minds. thanks for reading wikipedia before responding anyway though.

huh? wiki for what? i have lang, kurosawa, fellini, antonioni, godard, truffaut in my dvd collection. i read and studied filmmaking. did a few shorts. but i'm not snobby enough to think that since cameron does action films that somehow his films are not worthy. nobody faults hitchcock for always making thrillers with no depth, or tarantino for always making pulp fictions, or miyazaki for always doing children fairytales, or wong kar wai for making the same story over and over and over. different artists express themselves differently. no one artist is alike, cameron just choose sci-fi/action as his genre of choice. but if you know what to see in his films, you'll recognize that his filmmaking craft is of the highest caliber. there's a machine-like precision to how he designs his films. comparing him to michael bay just makes you look like an ignorant imbecile to be honest.

Great...a thread about HT Avatar figures has turned into 2 blokes bickering about who knows more about movies....Bloody Hell!!!

I always have faith in James Cameron. The man made my favorite film of all time in T2. Avatar will rock. And I really want a figure of Jake in both his human and Na'vi forms.

Dude, in all honesty and not saying the movie's gonna be bad or good, you think NECA's better than Sideshow. Why would anyone take you seriously? :dunno

Geez, you're still mad i put down your Sideshow 12" figures. Let it go bra.

Sideshow is a great company, but sometimes NECA and other action figure companies do as good or better job.

Avatar is going to be groundbreaking. People can deny it, put it down, but it will in NO WAY hinder this films success. I'm not saying its gonna knock-off the Titanic (#1 worldwide box office sales) but it's gonna be huge.

James Cameron has given us some of the greatest moments in modern cinema, why doubt the guy...seriously ? Makes no sense to me.

Colonel Quaritch is badass
i definitly want him on my shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back