Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giddy with excitement over what Hot Toys is going to show us. IMO, the big three franchises have always been Star Wars, LOTR, and Indiana Jones. HT aquired none of those licenses. Avatar is absolutely up there with those other three and I'm ecstatic that the most innovative and high end 1/6 scale company on the planet will be making figures for it.

Wow i couldnt agree with you more!, Avatar is its own franchise now its made like 700 mill worldwide already and its been 12 days!, All i want is Neytiri..SUlly..and Quarich!!, i hope they make the quarich figure have all the armor an weapons..like a homage to the Aliens USCM figures they made a few yeards back!

I'm giddy with excitement over what Hot Toys is going to show us. IMO, the big three franchises have always been Star Wars, LOTR, and Indiana Jones. HT aquired none of those licenses. Avatar is absolutely up there with those other three and I'm ecstatic that the most innovative and high end 1/6 scale company on the planet will be making figures for it.

Seriously? Up there with SW/LotR/Indy. Movie was good, but lets not get carried away Khev.

If done right, these figures could be the best 1/6 figures ever made...I am talking EPIC!

:lol

The Avatar juice is flowing tonight :duh

Seriously? Up there with SW/LotR/Indy. Movie was good, but lets not get carried away Khev.

Absolutely. Its actually working its way up to being my all time favorite, but I'll hold off on making such a distinction until I see it a few more times (on Blu-Ray, twice was enough for the big screen.) I'm not saying its everybody's cup of tea, but as I've said before it truly is what I hoped the prequels would be (all that's missing is for someone to say "May the Forest Be With You," ;)) and also the sci-fi epic I've been waiting for Cameron to make since the opening sequence of Terminator 2.

The Avatar juice is flowing tonight :duh

:lol There's definitely something about it, right now I'm just a sponge for all things Pandora. I haven't had that feeling about an original (as in not a remake or adaptation) movie since SW OT and T2. T2 has since subsided, time will tell if the same happens to Avatar, but I doubt it.

Cool enough Khev, you cant fault someone for their tastes.

I love Highlander and Legend, and 90% of the board thinks both of those movies suck :lol

I love Highlander and Legend, and 90% of the board thinks both of those movies suck :lol

Dude Highlander rocks and as for the Legend, well the Darkness is probably one of the coolest looking creatures ever created. And I'm praying for Hot Toys to make one.

Legend is cool. Now imagine if HT announced that they were making Medieval Highlander figures, Darkness, etc., and you might get an idea of how excited I am over Avatar. :)

If they build a 1/6 scale AMP (with Quaritch of course) I'll probably have to let go of my Joe collecton.

If HT do a human Jake in his wheelchair, I hope they have him come with alternate heads, a gasmask and that wicked tribal tattoo showing,

Best 1/6th figures of all time is a bit much but they could be revolutionary in terms of engineering. This movie is great but I need to see how I feel in 5 years, then I will know how it ranks in the halls of Indy, Bttf, SW, LOTR, etc.

Then 90% of the board have ????ty taste. Whats not to love about Highlander?

I saw Legend once. But I didnt see the right cut....so they say.

IMO as a movie it fails to deliver, I like the idea of Highlander more than the actual movie. Yes the Kurgan is cool but if you really look at it as a quality film...no. But hey everyone likes cheese ball movies, hell I like Tango & Cash, Cobra, and the Masters of the Universe movie. :lol

Well Everyone has there own tastes ya know. My Top 5 of all time would have to be AVatar, Terminator 2, Aliens, Starship Troopers and The Dark Knight. Without a doubt i need a hot toys fig from each of these films. I Have the Dx joker, preodered The T-800, now all i need to do is to track down a Aliens USCM Hick(if anyone knows where to let me know) and get the avatar figs when they come out..and prey that one day they make starship troopers figures lol...Highlander is cool the 1st is classic but the franchise died out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back